NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-06-2021, 03:48 PM

Default Pre-War Minor League Card Research

Hi Everyone, New to the forum.

Recently a co-worker approached me to see if a card exists for a relative that played minor league baseball in the 40s. I took on the research project, but am not having much luck identifying if he even has a card or not.

The player I'm doing the research on is Robert Eisiminger. https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...LcR675NV3xJ7lU

I've done some research online on my own, but haven't been able to come up with very much.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Marc S.

I'm not aware of any card existing for Robert.

He played at a time when relatively fewer minor league issues were produced - and was generally in some of the more junior circuits of baseball when cards may have been produced.

Good luck with your search. While a card may be unlikely, perhaps you can dig up some team photos or otherwise-
Old 05-06-2021, 07:17 PM
Harrison

I was told that I have a relative that played for the Brooklyn Dodgers minor league affiliate as a 1B but was blocked from making the bigs by Gil Hodges. His name was Arthur Brodbeck. Any idea if he has a card?
Old 05-06-2021, 09:46 PM
Frank Wakefield

Even if you don't find cards (and I think there aren't any for those two guys), you can search around for scorecards. It may take some patience. Minor league scorecards are out there and occasionally surface. Use that Baseball Reference resource to figure out who their teams were in which years. Then maybe expand your sights out to other teams in the particular minor league for a given year.

Example: he played for St Joseph in 1946. Finding a scorecard for St Joseph in 1946 might be a struggle. At least it's after the WW II paper drives. There were 8 teams in the Western Association in 1946, that'll increase your chances of finding a scorecard that might list him, it'll double your chances. St Joseph was in Missouri, they were a Cardinals affiliate. A few times, years ago, I'd call a library or a historical society, and talk to some lady about what I was looking for. Maybe you'd want to get copies mailed to you of newspaper stories that mention him or have a photo of him. I'd talk to the lady and ask about mailing a large envelope to her at the library, inside would be a self addressed stamped envelope (extra postage!!) and a $20 bill. I'd ask that she do about twenty dollars of looking for something and mail me copies. Most of the time I'd get results. Sometimes in a few weeks, sometimes in a few days. You may get a photo that way. And with this newfangled modern email and scanning stuff and digital cameras, maybe you get a digital picture that you can photoshop onto cardstock and make yourself a few ball cards.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 05-06-2021 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:43 AM

Thanks everyone for the fast replies and suggestions. I may have to adjust to memorabilia.