NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-21-2019, 06:29 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Default Slabbing Autographs and pricing

I used SGC for this service and would be all in around $10-$12 per autograph card (no auto grading) but they did list the card “1957 Topps Brooks Robinson”. Now that they don’t offer that service I’m looking at other options. JSA doesn’t slab correct? So I’m down to PSA and Beckett. I’ve seen PSA autographs that say “trading card”. I want them to list the year of the card like SGC did. I’m guessing this costs more. I’m not interested in the Slab saying trading card and I’m not interested in the auto or card being graded. So I’d like it to say “1957 Topps Brooks Robinson” and say authentic for the auto.

So for common autos what am I expecting to pay? Do they offer specials on these services.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:30 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

PSA charges $20 for their regular dual service for cards valued up to $499. If you declare it above $500 to $1999, it costs $75. Both require a return shipping cost. Add: Common autos are $20 for this service as well. Sometimes posters on the PSA or Blowout message board will do a group submission for auto authentication with PSA, but those are for the TRADING CARD flips for the most part. They rarely come up at a discount for dual grading on the Quarterly specials, IIRC.

Their dual service (card and auto) will get you the following:
Set information
Card graded or marked AUTHENTIC
Auto graded or marked AUTHENTIC

You will want to write "ONLY GRADE AS AUTHENTIC, NO NUMBER GRADES" in the memo field when you submit it. Otherwise they will come back with numbers.

I don't know the Beckett card/BAS auto authentication pricing.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 07-23-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:28 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Thanks for the feedback I was hoping to be $15 or under per card. Maybe there will be a special at some point.

But for some cards I’ll pay the $20.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:34 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

I ended up going with Beckett. I was at the East Coast National yesterday. I spoke with Eugene who was a pretty nice guy. I had a lot of cards (31) to get done. The normal price was $20 per with a higher price for some premium signers. He cut me a deal and charged me $15/card for every player even on a dual (Ryan/Koosman RC). The only catch is I had a Tom Brady Card from 2003 that I got TTM. I had to do that one as well. That was not cheap. I hope he didn’t have anyone sign for him back then.

I still miss SGC doing these as it would have been about $150 cheaper and I really like the slabs. On the bright side my backlog is taken care of now.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Matt

What's the turn around time frame ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchillo View Post
I ended up going with Beckett. I was at the East Coast National yesterday. I spoke with Eugene who was a pretty nice guy. I had a lot of cards (31) to get done. The normal price was $20 per with a higher price for some premium signers. He cut me a deal and charged me $15/card for every player even on a dual (Ryan/Koosman RC). The only catch is I had a Tom Brady Card from 2003 that I got TTM. I had to do that one as well. That was not cheap. I hope he didn’t have anyone sign for him back then.

I still miss SGC doing these as it would have been about $150 cheaper and I really like the slabs. On the bright side my backlog is taken care of now.

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 08-18-2019, 11:05 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

I think it’s around 20 days. He said about 4-5 weeks. He said the on-site Authenticators would work on that process this weekend. It’s the slabbing process that will possibly delay me. He said normally they would be quicker but they are backed up from the National.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:36 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Autographs

Stephen,

I ultimately wanted to get my Brooks signed cards in the SGC holders, but I guess that’s not meant to be. Really like the look of the signed cards in their holders.

I haven’t had anything that I personally submitted to Beckett, but have purchased a few cards in the past that are in their slabs. Let us know how you like the look once you get the signed cards returned and of course post some pics.

By the way are you going to get the signed cards that you have in your collection that are in SGC holders in Beckett holders?
Old 08-18-2019, 12:17 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Yeah I like the SGC slabs better and the pricing too.

I’m not gonna reholder anything. Luckily all the Brooks base Topps cards are in SGC holders. I’m gonna have a mixed bag with the Kaline collection. And of course I’ll have a mix match of stuff between companies. Oh well. I was already sick over how much it costs so to pay more to redo the process isn’t in the cards for me.

I’ll post pictures of all the cards when the come back and let everyone know the amount of time etc.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:26 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quick turnaround from Beckett. Submitted this on 8/17/19. I am really bummed about the Brady. Got it ttm in 2003 I believe through Gillette Stadium. I’ll post pictures when the cards arrive.

Some other cards I bought raw. The Feller was $20. What a steal that was. Some other bargains too including the Clemens. The Kaline RC was a scary but successful Ttm. I also did Koosman and Ryan Ttm twice. One to Koos and the other time to the Ryan Foundation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2019, 06:08 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Mail day. They forgot to give an auto grade for one card. I’ll just request a refund. Sorry for the dark photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Marchillo; 09-04-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Andrew

Where is the Brady one...I would like to see it
Old 09-06-2019, 10:21 AM
Mike Reid

Very impressive!
Old 09-06-2019, 03:17 PM
M@rk Comer

Look great! How do you like the holders?
Old 09-10-2019, 06:00 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Look great! How do you like the holders?
I like the holders. They are higher quality than SGC but overall I liked SGC better. The holder look, the price point etc.

I will stick with Beckett at this point unless SGC comes back with auto authentication.