NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Brock

Default Always Research everything!

Posting this as advice for others

Bought a lot couple months back at a local auction of bats, tennis balls in tins and tennis racquets. Only bought it for the bats, didn’t care about the other stuff. Finally today set up at a flea market to move junk sitting around the house, put the tennis balls and racquets out. You aren’t allowed to do sales until 8 but we set up at 7 and right away someone asked about the tennis racquet. I was only asking $10 each, so he said he’d take one. So couldn’t complete the deal until 8, so I decided to research the racquet again because it was a Wright & Ditson. Then found out it’s probably a $750 plus dollar racquet , some even selling for $2,000.

Never would have expected a racket to be worth so much. I think(not sure) If i did research the racquet months ago but the end looked like it was bent from being smashed. And other Wright & Ditson racquets didn’t sell much. Turned out that is what makes it special being a tilted head and just so happens one sold on eBay within the last week. Doubt there was an example when I first looked if I even did look.

So just make sure you research until you find an example of whatever your item is. I did end up selling it for the $10, tried to buy it back for $100(before he even paid). Could have probably just said no to the deal because money didn’t exchange hands, but wasn’t going to do that.

Last edited by yanks12025; 09-01-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Christopher Williams

Admirable and honest of you, Brock.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:31 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Admirable and honest of you, Brock.
A big +1, very very awesome you followed through.

Too bad mt last 2 deals on here weren't done with someone like you.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Casey

Integrity is in short supply today. My Dad did this same thing with a piece of land long ago. It taught me a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Howard Chasser

Default integrity!!

"integrity is what you do when no one is looking" forget who gets credit for that one, but kudos to the op for showing it. Sadly I have periods of my life where I have been out of alignment with mine - It has been a painful but valuable lesson that I will never be out of alignment with it again!

This is not the first post I have seen on this board where great integrity is modeled - never get tired of seeing them.

Screw the $$ - that is much easier to earn back than your integrity!!
Old 09-04-2019, 07:13 AM
Jim Murphy

You can also look at it as the buyer knew he was stealing it and maybe you really didn't owe him any service.