NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default ebayer to avoid as a seller

Just a heads-up on bilderjon - this guy has left 4 neutrals and a negative in the last 90 days, yet only has a total feedback of 286 (perfect).

I got a negative because of the bend in the upper corner of this autograph cut:

Last edited by Runscott; 09-10-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:52 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

That was clearly visible in the eBay listing. Nothing hidden that I see.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Belltown Vintage

I have had a few buyers contact me after a sale to complain about something, at which time I give a full refund if they want it.

But this guy never contacted me. Perhaps he lost his job or his cat died the morning he left feedback? In any case, that kind of behavior always comes back around to bite you in the ass.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:18 PM
J0$H B^ck!ey

Wuffff sounds like a pleasure to deal with Scott. Tell him to take a hike or better yet buy a pair of working glasses.
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%
Old 05-15-2015, 06:50 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Just a heads-up on bilderjon - this guy has left 4 neutrals and a negative in the last 90 days, yet only has a total feedback of 286 (perfect).

I got a negative because of the bend in the upper corner of this autograph cut:
Scott, hate to hear about you feedback.

Not sure if this story helps or not, but, I received a negative yesterday also. Had not had one in 10 years, so pretty rare. I had a person buy a card and after it arrived they complained that the back was miscut. Because of the MC, he felt I overgraded the card and wanted to return it. I politely replied with an apology that the card was not as they expected. Hoping that this buyer would own his mistake and possibly keep the card, I also politely pointed out that the scan of the back was included in the listing. He replied that he "thought I had looked at the scan" and that it was "my bad", but still returned the card at my expense. I let him know that I have no problems with accepting the return, and upon the card's return, I provided a prompt refund(including the return s/h).

Forty days later, the buyer decides to leave me the negative, in the comments he mentions the back being "miscut". I contacted ebay and spoke with a CSR and explained that IMO, this was undeserved as this was clearly a case of buyer's remorse as in all of the messages exchanged, the request to return and the feedback all mentioned the buyer's concern with the back, which was of course pictured.

When speaking to the CSR, I told her I felt that this feedback qualified for a feedback removal because the buyer was in violation of the "buying practices policy" by abusing the buyer protection programs as "Claiming an item isn't as described in the listing when the item condition is consistent with the listing description"....in this case, the buyer claimed the problem was with the back, however, the back was clearly pictured in the listing.

The CSR agreed with me and within 5 minutes, the negative was gone.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/defect-removal.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...practices.html

Also, this buyer appears to have frequently opened other return requests based on both his feedback received and left for him. Opening cases frequently can be perceived by ebay as a violation of the buyer protection policy also: "A pattern of excessively opening eBay Money Back Guarantee requests or PayPal Purchase Protection cases".

Not sure if any of this will help you, as the buyer did not attempt a return as my buyer did. However, if you can contact your buyer(via phone) and get him to open a case to return the item, you should be able to take this same route as the crease that your buyer is concerned with is clearly shown in the scan also.

I must admit that I am appreciative that ebay took the time to create and then stand by a policy that seems to protect honest sellers from scrupulous buyers.

Good luck

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 05-15-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:55 AM
Belltown Vintage

Thanks for sharing that experience.

Mine was only a neutral, so it's no big deal unless I get more of them. Still, I did contact ebay about it.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Daryl

Quote:
...I got a negative...
Quote:
...Mine was only a neutral...
Did he change it to a neutral after you contacted him?
Old 05-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Belltown Vintage

No, it began as a neutral. He just emailed saying it was an accident and that he will change it. Neutrals don't affect your feedback, but they add up toward killing your seller fee discount, so they are not good.