NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro auction 2/14 - 2/24 ... question

Posted By: harrywright

The T217 Mono already seem overpriced in my humble opinion. I think that Lipset had a group of them a little while ago that went much cheaper on a per card basis, but I do not remember the exact grades.

I would think that the zee-nuts are worth $150 to $200 to a type card collector. There are some really rare early ones there and the condition looks pretty good.

Any guesses on the value of the N321 with bottom cut off? Still need it for a type.

Also, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can finally add a Delahanty to my HOF collection. We'll see.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Thank goodness I have a Mayo...

Old 02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

It was nice to see that the item description for lot 3 was modified. I was assuming that the card was "possibly" rebacked but it was nice to see the clarification:

PLEASE NOTE: This Lot Description has been modified since the original publishing. Please re-read the description before bidding.

A deeply detailed, sepia-toned photograph highlights this extremely rare illustration of "$10,000 Kelly." The Hall of Famer's likeness is top-captioned by Goodwin's very desirable "Gypsy Queen" branding, and the lower margin of the photo reveals an 1887 copyright date. The 1-7/16" x 2-9/16" collectible remains firmly attached to a stout, vintage backing (bringing the piece's overall thickness to 3/32"); cardfront presentation quality is minimally EX with spots of chipping confined to the edges.

Note: As indicated in the body of the write-up this card has either been re-backed with a thick cardboard backing or trimmed from an adverting sheet. This appears to have been done in the period.

Old 02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Val Kehl

Bruce,
In response to your question, I have a 1924 Diaz - #1-Walter Johnson (FYI, I am a W.J. card collector). If I remember correctly, I got it via ebay a few years ago. The front of my W.J. card is a bit better than the Ruffing card, but half of the narrative on the back is gone due to removal from a scrapbook; but, at least the card number is there. I am shocked that the Ruffing card is already bid up to $1,491, but I guess I shouldn't be. I've hardly added to my collection during the past few years because prices have skyrocketed beyond what I can afford.

Old 02-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Marquette

Since I am high bidder on lot 3, the Kelly, and made the bid before the card description was amended, I was also interested in the changing of the decription

Old 02-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

that anyone who wished to retract their bid, could!

Old 02-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

Bob,

I don't think that they would hold you to the bid if you made the bid prior to the clarification. I was going to bid on it but I was hesitant. I was going to contact them regarding the lot but they made the amendment before I had a chance to call them.

At this point it's interesting. I'd ask Mastronet if they could have the card placed into an "Authentic" holder by SGC or PSA. If this can be done I'd probably think that it could be worth it. Perception is everything and the "authentic" tag by either grading service would do well for the piece.

The image is crisp and clear, it doesn't get much better than that.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a really cheap lot in the auction that happens to be mine. The lot, contrary to the collecting interests of most of the board members, is post-1970 football stuff. It is a huge lot including a few autographed items (that I got personally so I know they are good) and has a catalog value in the thousands.. You can read the description yourselves if you are interested. Whether the lot goes for $100 or $200 I don't really care. I was just cleaning out a closet at home and having the space was the key consideration. However, if it is going to be given away I'de prefer to see someone from the board benefit rather than some dealer. Please note, the lot weighs over 25 lbs so if you win it and live in the Chicago area pick it up yourself and avoid shipping costs. Current bid-$100.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

what's the lot # jay???

Old 02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

I guess that would help---773