NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 11-12-2020, 07:48 AM
+0m J()rd@N

Hey Pal, you wanna see what the card is worth? List it in the 'Live Auctions' section and let the bidders tell you what it's worth. I'd bet you'd get a better price there with bidders bidding against each other in public than the circus you're holding here.

Then again, as a friend likes to say "Not my monkeys, not my circus."
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 11-12-2020, 08:21 AM
Matt

Cardsagain74 that was a typo. I listed Mantle's price for Maris. The price I'm asking for 61 Maris is $250.00 OBO.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpags91 View Post
Cardsagain74 that was a typo. I listed Mantle's price for Maris. The price I'm asking for 61 Maris is $250.00 OBO.
i'm gonna guess that OBO wins that fight in a TKO. good luck with the sale.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:10 AM
Randy

list on ebay

auction start at 99 cents with free shipping,
Old 11-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL View Post
list on ebay

auction start at 99 cents with free shipping,
Yeah, I don't know about that. Putting old beaters on ebay with no feedback and a story that you got the cards from grandpa is not going to get a lot of bidding action.

Maybe consign them to a local card shop. My LCS likes to have HOFers in their case and also puts them on their ebay store.

One thing the OP has going for him is he's not selling too cheap. I know one kid got his dad's 60s collection and sold all the stars on ebay the first day. He thought he was a wizard!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Quote:
Why? From what I've read there are some buyers who prefer ungraded cards and they can still sell for what a graded card would sell for. You guys are so paranoid. Believe it or not, not everyone who comes through this forum is a scam artist. My cards are authentic. They were given to me by my grandfather.
At least you didn't find them in the attic while you were doing renovations to a house. The last guy (from Omaha, NE) that said that did 2 years for mail fraud and counterfeiting. I think he's out now.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:35 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by russkcpa View Post
At least you didn't find them in the attic while you were doing renovations to a house. The last guy (from Omaha, NE) that said that did 2 years for mail fraud and counterfeiting. I think he's out now.
LOL, that's because he was small time. Mastro got a slap on the wrist ans Brent looks to be getting off Scott free. Like they say go big or go home.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:01 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by russkcpa View Post
What?? Is this the guy from like 2 years ago?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 11-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Matt

Exactly. This isn't a garage sale. These are cards that have value and will continue to go up in value, so long as the baseball card illuminati that seems to be taking over this forum doesn't keep their value down so they can acquire all the good cards at dirt cheap prices. Imagine the sellers' dictating the value....who's mind is blown??? These baseball cards are investments and I intend to procure a fair ROI for them. This small collection belonged to my grandfather. I don't care if anyone believes that or not. He would be turning in his grave if he saw some of the offers I received, and for Cassey2296, don't ever speak on his behalf. He'd pop your jaw if he saw you in a bar. I think it's time to delete these posts. I will make another listing of the whole collection with my asking prices. All reasonable offers will be considered. Let's keep it business fellas. If not, I have no problem holding onto them. They're like an old bottle of wine, getting sweeter after time passes.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:30 PM
Lonnie Nagel

and dats da name of dat tune - lol
Old 11-13-2020, 01:55 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Exactly. This isn't a garage sale. These are cards that have value and will continue to go up in value, so long as the baseball card illuminati that seems to be taking over this forum doesn't keep their value down so they can acquire all the good cards at dirt cheap prices. Imagine the sellers' dictating the value....who's mind is blown??? These baseball cards are investments and I intend to procure a fair ROI for them. This small collection belonged to my grandfather. I don't care if anyone believes that or not. He would be turning in his grave if he saw some of the offers I received, and for Cassey2296, don't ever speak on his behalf. He'd pop your jaw if he saw you in a bar. I think it's time to delete these posts. I will make another listing of the whole collection with my asking prices. All reasonable offers will be considered. Let's keep it business fellas. If not, I have no problem holding onto them. They're like an old bottle of wine, getting sweeter after time passes.
You can't delete the posts. What you can and should do is take some nice front and back pictures. Then if you know how eBay works go to the sold listings and price your cards about 10% cheaper than ungraded cards in the same exact condition. Current unsold listing are a joke and their asking prices are completely worthless.

I say 10% cheaper because you will not be paying the 12-15% eBay fees and they will sell faster with you putting more cash in your pocket.

Other than that quit acting like a Mize and list your cards. They will sell and you can then leave the forum.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:00 PM
Tim M

I was hoping to side with you, some of your discussions made a little sense until "and I intend to procure a fair ROI for them", if they were your grandfathers, seems to me you dont have anything invested in them. Unless maybe he is still around and you are selling them for him. I will have nothing further to add, good luck with your sales, or glws.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:55 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
He'd pop your jaw if he saw you in a bar. I
Now it’s starting to make sense.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred1 View Post
I was hoping to side with you, some of your discussions made a little sense until "and I intend to procure a fair ROI for them", if they were your grandfathers, seems to me you dont have anything invested in them. Unless maybe he is still around and you are selling them for him. I will have nothing further to add, good luck with your sales, or glws.
No, he's "turning in his grave right now".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2020, 03:54 PM

sincere thanks to mpags91 for delivering this thread, this is some quality entertainment. best of luck "procuring the fair ROI" on your cardz. and thanks for allowing all of us old guys along for the ride.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Gobucsmagic74

I don’t usually buy raw cards, but if I did, I guarantee you I wouldn’t be buying them from Mpags91
Old 11-13-2020, 05:16 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Use the internet and find your nearest card shop. Call or email the owner and advise you have a sizeable collection that you want to liquidate. Tell him/her the key cards and players that you have. You can then probably arrange to meet the owner in the shop. The owner will assess the collection and probably pay you cash. This is how you can move the entire collection.

Just know the card shop owner has to make something, so he/she will not pay full-boat retail price. This is okay, considering he/she is buying everything. This is ideal for you, because you want to transact in-person.

Alternatively, you could list the entire collection online and just set a reserve price.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:33 PM
Matt

I'm not letting them go for nothing just because they were given to me. Quite frankly, it's none of your business who made the investment. The fact of the matter is they are an investment, and I'd like to honor that investment my grandfather made by selling them at a fair price. Stop trying to dissect and alter the story of how I acquired my cards. Either you have an interest in purchasing them or you don't. If you don't, keep your comments to yourself and move along.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:01 PM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpags91 View Post
i'm not letting them go for nothing just because they were given to me. Quite frankly, it's none of your business who made the investment. The fact of the matter is they are an investment, and i'd like to honor that investment my grandfather made by selling them at a fair price. Stop trying to dissect and alter the story of how i acquired my cards. Either you have an interest in purchasing them or you don't. If you don't, keep your comments to yourself and move along.
nvm

Last edited by maniac_73; 11-13-2020 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Not worth it
Old 11-14-2020, 02:18 PM
Brian May
Bri.an M@y

Grandfather was investment-minded in 1953, so he pulled a Mantle from a fresh Topps pack.

Q: What's the background & price for the 53T J. Robinson? I still feel there is untapped potential in thread.

Last edited by troutbum97; 11-14-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:11 PM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum97 View Post
Grandfather was investment-minded in 1953, so he pulled a Mantle from a fresh Topps pack.

Q: What's the background & price for the 53T J. Robinson? I still feel there is untapped potential in thread.
Must include rubber band

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2020, 04:03 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
I'm not letting them go for nothing just because they were given to me. Quite frankly, it's none of your business who made the investment. The fact of the matter is they are an investment, and I'd like to honor that investment my grandfather made by selling them at a fair price. Stop trying to dissect and alter the story of how I acquired my cards. Either you have an interest in purchasing them or you don't. If you don't, keep your comments to yourself and move along.
The thread that never ends

Im pretty sure that the "ship has sailed" for offering these up on BST

High Quality Dramma tho!
Old 11-15-2020, 10:07 AM

Default The mantle

so much drama is the bst its hard being a snoop d o double g..but later on that day they could be fake anyway, they faded, they aint graded, you get the mix, just send them to CSA and you'll get a SIX !!!...ah just tryin my 59 yr old rap skills....they call me call me call me DR Pimpton, I mack hoes while i sip on my Lipton...

Sell your cards and getcher monies
Old 11-15-2020, 10:17 AM
Matt

Troutbum97 there is a separate post on this BST for the Robinson card. It's low grade, but a nice card. Check it out and make an offer.