NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-05-2020, 11:56 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson AND the BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for posting your AWESOME items. Does it get any better than an Orioles ‘70 World Series line up card? Might as well stop the thread at Day 5 and just pack it in . It was a good run while it lasted...

Well, I may want to truck along a few more days. Just remember I titled the thread on purpose. Brooks Robinson AND the Baltimore Orioles. Also, as a side note post anything “remotely” associated; that can cover a lot of ground, but definitely includes the Ripken family.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

Here is my contribution for today, but I'm afraid I need some help identifying this bobblehead. I picked it up 10-15 years ago, but haven't found anyone that has seen it before. I'm guessing it's from the 90's and it is fairly heavy. Some people I've talked to believe it's a custom, which is quite possible. However, both the Orioles on the shirt and Brooks Robinson on the base are raised up and not just painted on. Cool bobblehead that Brooks autographed before I got it. Anyone with any info is appreciated. Someday, maybe I can ask Brooks himself if he knows anything about it. There is nothing to identify either the manufacturer or a sponsor. Bobblehead collectors HELP!!!

Brooks Robinson (Unknown).jpg

Really love the number of people contributing and enjoying the thread. Mark, very glad you got the ball rolling.

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-06-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:42 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Here my contribution for today, but I'm afraid I need some help identifying this bobblehead. I picked it up 10-15 years ago, but haven't found anyone that has seen it before. I'm guessing it's from the 90's and it is fairly heavy. Some people I've talked to believe it's a custom, which is quite possible. However, both the Orioles on the shirt and Brooks Robinson on the base are raised up and not just painted on. Cool bobblehead that Brooks autographed before I got it. Anyone with any info is appreciated. Someday, maybe I can ask Brooks himself if he knows anything about it. There is nothing to identify either the manufacturer or a sponsor. Bobblehead collectors HELP!!!

Really love the number of people contributing and enjoying the thread. Mark, very glad you got the ball rolling.
It looks like a custom, but if so that be tough since the Orioles is raised and the Brooks Robinson is raised as you stated. If it’s not a custom I don’t have a clue on it since I have not seen another like it. Hopefully we’ll have a bobblehead expert on here to reply.

Some great items being shown so far in my view. The reason for starting the thread was to hopefully have collectors engaged and take part (not just O’s fans). Hope it continues thru the year.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:13 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson and the Baltimore Orioles

Day 6 (January 6, 2020 – 006)

Mid 70’s Baltimore Orioles caricature, “Be a birdwatcher”, poster. The original art, made into this poster, was by an artist Ghee. Ghee, a local artist, did the artwork that was pictured on one of their official scorecards in ’74 as well picturing the Gold Glove winners (Belanger, Blair, Grich and Robinson). I used to see the poster often when I was younger, but don’t see it very often anymore. The poster, at least to me, screams the 70’s.

Day 6 a.jpg

I found the ’74 Scorecard as well so might as well picture the thing…

Day 6 b part 2 resize.jpg
Old 01-06-2020, 01:34 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson

Posted for Clint (ksfarmboy)

71-72 salesman sample jersey by Rawlings

Brooks 1 Front (2).jpg

Brooks 1 back (2).jpg
Old 01-06-2020, 04:11 AM
Mike Magee

Good morning, I'm very much enjoying this thread and just wanted to share a few of the Brooks items that I've collected over the years. In 1996, Brooks was the guest of honor when they opened a Target store in White Marsh, MD. I asked him to sign a Rawlings ad I purchased for the occasion. It was my first time meeting him and the first Brooks item I ever owned.

http://net54baseball.com/attachment....1&d=1578308046

I've also attached photos of two of my favorite Brooks pieces I've managed to acquire since that time, a 1972 Topps Candy Lid and a 1962 Post Cereal complete box flat (not the one that was in the latest REA auction).

http://net54baseball.com/attachment....1&d=1578308962

http://net54baseball.com/attachment....1&d=1578308962
Old 01-06-2020, 07:14 AM

Default Brooks

Brooks.jpg

In the hot Baltimore summer of 1975 my mom called me in from outside to tell me I had to go to the mall for back to school shopping. You can imagine I didn't want to go and leave my friends as we enjoyed the last few days of summer vacation. We went to Hochschild's department store and on the 2nd floor sat Brooks Robinson signing autographs for kids. I can remember him asking my name.That was about it! From that point on I was a huge Brooks fan. When I got home I showed every kid in the neighborhood. What a great memory!

Last edited by quitcrab; 01-06-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:03 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Good morning, I'm very much enjoying this thread and just wanted to share a few of the Brooks items that I've collected over the years. In 1996, Brooks was the guest of honor when they opened a Target store in White Marsh, MD. I asked him to sign a Rawlings ad I purchased for the occasion. It was my first time meeting him and the first Brooks item I ever owned.

I've also attached photos of two of my favorite Brooks pieces I've managed to acquire since that time, a 1972 Topps Candy Lid and a 1962 Post Cereal complete box flat (not the one that was in the latest REA auction).
Mike,

I like to pick up ads myself with Brooks pictured. Your Rawlings The Big 8 ad is a nice one especially since you had the opportunity to meet Brooks and have him sign the piece for you. Also, it includes some pretty decent ball players as well.

The next two pieces I don't have in my Brooks collection. I do have part of the cereal box, but not the full Post Corn Flakes box. Yours looks, from the pictures, to be in wonderful shape. Now the 1972 Topps Candy Lid has been on my want list for a while. One came up recently, but I just couldn't get past the crease across the lid; just took away from the piece in my view. Yours of course is AWESOME!

By the way it doesn't hurt to post some of your Ripken collection

Thanks so much for sharing part of your collection.