NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-01-2015, 11:22 AM
M@rk Comer

Default 1971 World Series

Was organizing stuff/junk today and I ran across a couple of '71 WS items and since I'm not tech savvy I didn't know how to send a pic to an individual so I figured why not a thread.

Seeing if Mike (71Buc) has the following items and if so hopefully he has a better example of the '71 scorecard; would love to see it. I think the O's used the '71 parking pass for both the AL Championship and the WS itself, but not positive. The '71 Working Pass is not in the best shape either, but it's all I have...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1971 World Series.jpg (40.8 KB, 779 views)
Old 01-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Tom

Why did Powell cut that ball off?????......
Old 01-01-2015, 01:40 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Default cutoff

I think that Stargell beats the throw anyway. He was already into his slide.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Mikeknapp

I love the "stuff/junk" you posted. I would be interested if you are looking to sell or trade it PM me please. Your Baltimore media pass is obviously unused and is the first blue version I have seen. For some reason 1971 World Series Baltimore "stuff/junk" is tougher to come by. Its probably because Boog cut off that throw

Below I posted a picture of all of my Press Passes from the 1971Post season. As you can see my Baltimore press pass is green and was used. Game two was rained out. I know it sounds stupid but I love that my pass shows evidence of rain drop stains.

As requested I posted my Baltimore Game 7 score card. I picked it up with this group of tickets from the Baltimore games. I think the notes written on the reverse of the stubs are cool. Although they serve to devalue the stubs, in my opinion the notes make them far more interesting. Lastly, since you are a Brooks fan I attached an original color photo of Stargell and Robinson taken in Baltimore during the series. As you can see the cool guy with the shades on is wearing an orange press pass I have yet to see one anywhere else. Thanks for indulging me. I'm going stop now before I begin to ramble
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1971_post_season_passes.jpg (72.3 KB, 735 views)
File Type: jpg game press pass.jpg (74.0 KB, 740 views)
File Type: jpg 1971 Baltimore SCORECARD.jpg (78.2 KB, 737 views)
File Type: jpg tix.jpg (78.1 KB, 739 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1971_Stargell and Robinson World Series.jpg (74.6 KB, 737 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)

Last edited by 71buc; 01-01-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Rob

Mike- I'm sure you know the Giants version of the NLCS program is perhaps the toughest modern era postseason program out there. Nothing differentiates it from the regular season program except the updated (Sept 30?) player stats.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Mikeknapp

I don't have that one in my collection. I just can't justify the $500.00 price tag. SF Ticket stubs from that series are just as scarce and pricey.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

Last edited by 71buc; 01-01-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:18 PM
M@rk Comer

Default 1971 Orioles WS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I love the "stuff/junk" you posted. I would be interested if you are looking to sell or trade it PM me please. Your Baltimore media pass is obviously unused and is the first blue version I have seen. For some reason 1971 World Series Baltimore "stuff/junk" is tougher to come by. Its probably because Boog cut off that throw

Below I posted a picture of all of my Press Passes from the 1971Post season. As you can see my Baltimore press pass is green and was used. Game two was rained out. I know it sounds stupid but I love that my pass shows evidence of rain drop stains.

As requested I posted my Baltimore Game 7 score card. I picked it up with this group of tickets from the Baltimore games. I think the notes written on the reverse of the stubs are cool. Although they serve to devalue the stubs, in my opinion the notes make them far more interesting. Lastly, since you are a Brooks fan I attached an original color photo of Stargell and Robinson taken in Baltimore during the series. As you can see the cool guy with the shades on is wearing an orange press pass I have yet to see one anywhere else. Thanks for indulging me. I'm going stop now before I begin to ramble
I thought of you collection when I was organizing and noticed some of the '71 WS items. The Orioles media pass is a washed out kinda faded looking blue and not really as bright as the picture taken of the item would portray. So, how many versions of the Orioles pass are there? We know there is blue, green and now I see there is an orange version seen in the Brooks/Stargell photo (which is a very cool pic by the way). Thanks for posting the photo of the passes; some I've never seen before.

Well, I'm probably somewhat like you in that I like things like the water stains on the pass, since the game was rained out, and the notations on the back of the WS tickets. Like you said it may somewhat devalue the item, but I'm personally not looking too much for perfect condition on something like a ticket or a media pass.

Do you have the scorecard that I pictured; the one in the middle? Mine is kinda rough and someone listed the players names inside, but did not score. Thanks for posting the game 7 scorecard!

Oh; and ramble on...
Old 01-01-2015, 04:21 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Mike- I'm sure you know the Giants version of the NLCS program is perhaps the toughest modern era postseason program out there. Nothing differentiates it from the regular season program except the updated (Sept 30?) player stats.
Rob,

Do you have an example; would love to see it. Also, since you are a Giants fan do you have any items related to the NLCS for '71?
Old 01-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Mikeknapp

I don't have the scorecard you posted and I really have no idea how many colors there are for the Baltimore press passes. Although the 1971 series would be considered modern there is actually very little out there. This is especially true for the NLCS and the ALCS. NLCS stubs are available for Pittsburgh and Baltimore ALCS stubs are available for less than 50.00. However, stubs from the games played in San Francisco and Oakland are very difficult. My San Francisco stubs pictured below sell for 150.00 each if you can find them. I have yet to see the Oakland ALCS stubs for sale. Perhaps a member here has one? I would love to see a 1971 World Series Oriole Pinback as well as I have never seen one of those either. In case Rob doesn't have an example of the NLCS program there are two currently on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-San-Fra...item2a49f8dacd The only other NLCS item I have other than the press passes is this paper celebrating the Pirates NLCS victory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1971_NLCS_SF_stubs_.jpg (74.9 KB, 695 views)
File Type: jpg 1971 National Lerague Pennant Clinched.jpg (78.6 KB, 693 views)

Old 01-01-2015, 07:05 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Pinback

Quote:
I would love to see a 1971 World Series Oriole Pinback as well as I have never seen one of those either.
Are you talking about a button/pinback with a ribbon or something else? I'm sure you've seen the press pins. Do you collect those as well from the '71 Series? Man you wouldn't think there would be so many items associated with one WS, but I guess it could be an almost limitless search.

One more item, sorta off topic, do you happen to have the kinda generic poster of Pegan sliding into third with Brooks tagging him and the umpire calling him out (Brooks' back to the photographer)? To me such a cool poster!

Do you have your items displayed; if so, would love to view.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think that Stargell beats the throw anyway. He was already into his slide.
But we'll NEVER know!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Mikeknapp

I was referring to an Oriole pinback similar to the ones I posted below. I do have that Pagan item as well as both 1971 World Series Press pins. I don't have my collection displayed. However, my son just moved out so it may be a possibility in the near future provided my wife hasn't claimed or made plans for that space already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02392.jpg (76.4 KB, 456 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 01-01-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:12 PM
M@rk Comer

Default 1971 Orioles

I know I have some O's buttons, just not sure if I have an O's example similar to the Pirates example (I don't recall one). If I wasn't so disorganized and had all of my pins/buttons, etc. together I could let you know. I guess I'll be looking as I'm currently trying to organize. I really should scan or take pictures as I go...probably wont though.

So on the press pins do you have the tie clasp, cuff links, and I think there's a possible charm of the '71 teams?

The Pegan/Robinson poster is one of my favs. When I watch the '71 Series I look at so many chances the O's had to win the Series (let the ball go through Booooog!). See, if the O's would have won, you'd likely be collecting something completely different.

You have some awesome items; you really should display.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Rob

Quote:
I don't have the scorecard you posted and I really have no idea how many colors there are for the Baltimore press passes. Although the 1971 series would be considered modern there is actually very little out there. This is especially true for the NLCS and the ALCS. NLCS stubs are available for Pittsburgh and Baltimore ALCS stubs are available for less than 50.00. However, stubs from the games played in San Francisco and Oakland are very difficult. My San Francisco stubs pictured below sell for 150.00 each if you can find them. I have yet to see the Oakland ALCS stubs for sale. Perhaps a member here has one? I would love to see a 1971 World Series Oriole Pinback as well as I have never seen one of those either. In case Rob doesn't have an example of the NLCS program there are two currently on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-San-Fra...item2a49f8dacd The only other NLCS item I have other than the press passes is this paper celebrating the Pirates NLCS victory.
That is a crazy price....and you'll have to take his word that the center scorecard is "right." If I was really out, beating the bushes, this is something I might steal from someone who thought it was just a generic program. I really should start emailing anyone I see selling a "1971 Giants program"...

Quote:
I was referring to an Oriole pinback similar to the ones I posted below. I do have that Pagan item as well as both 1971 World Series Press pins. I don't have my collection displayed. However, my son just moved out so it may be a possibility in the near future provided my wife hasn't claimed or made plans for that space already.
My bet is on a "crafts room."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Rob,

Do you have an example; would love to see it. Also, since you are a Giants fan do you have any items related to the NLCS for '71?
I don't have one. As Mike said, they are ridiculously expensive and all you're paying for is the standard program (shown) with "Averages as of Sept. 30" printed on the left sides of the center scorecards. Nice shot of Mays and Bonds, Sr. going up against the good ol' Candlestick chainlink. I just researched the program I have and it was a 1-0 complete game by Marichal vs. that team from down south . I also noticed the Giants played five sub-two hour games that year.

I only have a few 1971 postseason items. You see, the Giants lost. *%$@!* Bob Robertson. Compare the price of a lower reserved WS ticket to today's prices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71program.jpg (77.4 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg 71scorecard.jpg (78.7 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg 71press.jpg (78.1 KB, 410 views)
Old 01-04-2015, 03:57 PM
M@rk Comer

Rob,

Thanks so much for posting those. That program you posted is really cool (love the picture on the front) and I just can't see paying the dough for an NLCS one...
Old 02-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default I think these are Rare?

The actual Press Package given to the media for the World Series. It has a large Orioles Guide and a smaller Pirate Guide. Also included are 3 unused scorecards, Orioles Media Package and other paper. Haven't seen many of these, so I think that they are pretty rare? Any input?

Thanks,

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04730.jpg (68.7 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04731.jpg (74.2 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04737.jpg (60.2 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04739.jpg (76.3 KB, 350 views)
Old 02-09-2015, 07:10 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Nice items Jeff!

I don't recall having seen either of them before. Pretty neat items. Thanks for sharing. I do have a copy of that 71 scorecard somewhere. Probably some other 71 series related items. Happy collecting!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I don't recall having seen either of them before. Pretty neat items. Thanks for sharing. I do have a copy of that 71 scorecard somewhere. Probably some other 71 series related items. Happy collecting!
Thanks Howard...hoping some of the previous posters give their opinions about scarcity.

Regards,

Jeff
Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Mikeknapp

Jeff, Neither of them show up very often. I have seen both the Pirate and Oriole media guides for sale. The oriole one shows up more often than the Pirate version. In my opinion both are harder to find than the 1971 San Francisco NLCS program which is an expensive item. Nonetheless I have seen both media guides sell individually for between $60.00-$100.00. I have never seen them listed together and the inserts you posted are the first I have ever seen. Very nice collection you have there. On a separate note the 1971 Oriole World Series button I have been searching for finally surfaced on eBay. It also came with the Baltimore pennant. It went for $16.00. I forgot to bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-World-S...vip=true&rt=nc

Old 02-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Jeff, Neither of them show up very often. I have seen both the Pirate and Oriole media guides for sale. The oriole one shows up more often than the Pirate version. In my opinion both are harder to find than the 1971 San Francisco NLCS program which is an expensive item. Nonetheless I have seen both media guides sell individually for between $60.00-$100.00. I have never seen them listed together and the inserts you posted are the first I have ever seen. Very nice collection you have there. On a separate note the 1971 Oriole World Series button I have been searching for finally surfaced on eBay. It also came with the Baltimore pennant. It went for $16.00. I forgot to bid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-World-Series-Baltimore-orioles-Team-Photo-Pennant-Full-Size-/391030856313?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=nxO6hUa80uk2FmYIsYG4lFBdUvA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Yikes Mike...even with the condition issues, someone got a great deal. Thanks for the input. I am going to send you a PM.

Jeff
Old 08-01-2015, 09:59 AM
M@rk Comer

Default 1971 ws

Found an interesting snap shot picture of Brooks from the '71 WS. He's w/A. Daley NY Times.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (74.9 KB, 381 views)
Old 08-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Clint

Mark, great Brooks photo. My favorite player too. On a side note if anybody finds that Orioles bullpen cart I want it.😄.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Rob

Hey 71buc Mike-

Did you see the Pirates pin on Page 6 of Carlton's National photos?

Rob
Old 08-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Rob

Quote:
Hey 71buc Mike-

Did you see the Pirates pin on Page 6 of Carlton's National photos?

Rob
this one:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0351.jpg (79.4 KB, 267 views)
Old 08-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Rob I actually have one of those. I believe it is actually a 1979 pin. I picked up this one on eBay the other day. Although there is no way to tie this to the 1971 Bucs I couldn't resist. Toys with knives... times certainly have changed. Perhaps it was necessary to arm young Pirate fans for protection from unruly thuggish Giant fans of that era.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (76.3 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 08-29-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Rob

^^^ we were discussung the crazy stuff they used to hang on PM-10's, back in the day. Someone brought up how they used to take a rifle to school for shooting class.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
^^^ we were discussung the crazy stuff they used to hang on PM-10's, back in the day. Someone brought up how they used to take a rifle to school for shooting class.
Truly frightening considering the world our kids live in today.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Default 1971 WS Ticket Stubs

If anyone out there was the winner of this lot from Legendary's February auction and is willing to sell a couple of the stubs, please let me know. I'm specifically interested in the Ground Level Box variation of the 1971 WS stubs in Baltimore.

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/197...lot169856.aspx

Obviously I don't post very often, but I've done deals with many of the ticket collectors on the board (and this thread), and I'm happy to provide references if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated - if anyone has these variations, I'd be interested. It doesn't have to be the specific ones from the auction. Thanks!

Hardy
Old 10-10-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardware303 View Post
If anyone out there was the winner of this lot from Legendary's February auction and is willing to sell a couple of the stubs, please let me know. I'm specifically interested in the Ground Level Box variation of the 1971 WS stubs in Baltimore.

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/197...lot169856.aspx

Obviously I don't post very often, but I've done deals with many of the ticket collectors on the board (and this thread), and I'm happy to provide references if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated - if anyone has these variations, I'd be interested. It doesn't have to be the specific ones from the auction. Thanks!

Hardy
I can attest to Hardy being a quality guy and a true collector chasing a terrific theme! Help him out!
Old 10-24-2015, 01:53 PM
J.O.N

Good thread guys. Here's my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Default 1971 World Series Tickets - BAL Ground Level Box

I'm trying to fill in a few conspicuous gaps in my 1971 WS collection on the Baltimore side and still looking for 1971 World Series tickets or stubs for the games at Baltimore - specifically the Ground Level Box variation. There were a few in Legendary's February 2015 auction that haven't surfaced anywhere that I've seen yet.

Hardy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1971 WS BAL.jpg (80.4 KB, 213 views)
Old 02-19-2017, 01:00 AM
Mikeknapp

Hardy Good Luck on your hunt for those tickets.

Quote:
Are you talking about a button/pinback with a ribbon or something else?
Mark, I finally added the Baltimore version to my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (77.9 KB, 194 views)

Old 02-19-2017, 10:53 AM
M@rk Comer

Default '71 ws

Quote:
Mark, I finally added the Baltimore version to my collection.
Mike,

Congrats on picking up the '71 O's version of the pin. I don't think I've seen another one. Must be a toughie.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Rob

Quote:
Mike,

Congrats on picking up the '71 O's version of the pin. I don't think I've seen another one. Must be a toughie.
Another toughie, of the NL team not to get there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0924.jpg (64.5 KB, 157 views)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Another toughie, of the NL team not to get there...
Rob, Let me help you with that disappointment by taking that painful reminder of Bob Robertson's prowess off your hands. Is it for sale?

Old 02-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Rob

Quote:
Rob, Let me help you with that disappointment by taking that painful reminder of Bob Robertson's prowess off your hands. Is it for sale?
It's not mine, Mike. It belongs to a buddy. The only one I've ever seen.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:30 AM

Default 1971 WS Ticket Variations

Injecting life back into this 1971 WS thread and checking again to see if anyone out there has any of the following tickets or stubs (even if not for sale, it would be cool to see them):

Ground Level Box seats in Baltimore
Obstructed View seats in Baltimore
Standing Room Only in Pittsburgh

I'm trying to fill in a few conspicuous gaps in my 1971 WS collection on the Baltimore side and still looking for 1971 World Series tickets or stubs for the games at Baltimore - specifically the Ground Level Box variation. There were a few in Legendary's February 2015 auction that haven't surfaced anywhere that I've seen yet.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I take it that this a version you own?

Old 03-10-2019, 10:55 AM

Default 1971 WS Ticket Variations

PM sent - thanks for the response!

Last edited by hardware303; 03-10-2019 at 10:56 AM.