NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2021, 02:52 PM
Colton
Colt0n Eng.lish

My last order with them was Paid for on Aug 31, and I received my cards on Sept 10. I consider that just fine

However, the packaging of the cards has gone down hill big time!!! My last two orders have arrived in penny sleeves heavily taped to a piece of cardboard, really pathetic!!! A few of the cards in the order I paid over $30 for, I would always expect a $30 card to be better protected than that!

I’ve purchased over 100 times from this company, and I think my days dealing with them are limited. They are going down hill fast

Interested in hearing others’ recent experiences! Cheers

Colton

P.S.- In response to the previous post, I find Comc ships much sooner than the expected ship date that you receive via email, good luck getting the cards in a top loader though

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Seeing if anyone knows whether or not the shipping wait times have improved.

Looking today (October 4), it says my cards would take two months (January 4) to be delivered with standard shipping (I have no interest in paying over $20 to get the order sooner). Were I to request shipment today, is the January 4 date the 'real' date the cards would arrive, or is there a chance my cards would arrive relatively sooner? In other words, is their delivery date a strict, accurate reflection of reality, or do they simply add two months delivery time to every order and it doesn't actually take that long? Does anyone have any actual real world examples (not guesswork) of recent shipping results via standard, non-expedited shipping?

Last edited by nineunder71; 10-04-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:56 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Customer has the final say.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad-review4.jpg (63.0 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by rdwyer; 10-04-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:58 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

I just explored their website for the first time ever.

If you are into modern cards WOW great selection

Vintage Card not nearly as many but still some nice and interesting cards

But based on this thread from delivery time issues to packaging issues

I will probably have to pass on them at least until things improve

Things for the heads up on both that website but also their hopefully only short term opportunities

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 10-04-2021, 03:27 PM
Rich Klein

COMC is now sending out an monthly update at the beginning of each month: Here was the October email

"Thank you for your continued support as part of the COMC community. Not only are we excited to be entering basketball, football, and hockey season, but we are blessed to be a part of this fun and fast-moving industry. We have made some heavy investments this year as your trusted partner, so you can buy, sell, and flip cards. We focused our efforts on improving customer experience by reducing response times to customer inquiries, decreasing shipping times, and optimizing our quality assurance processes.

We are happy to share our wins! Our Rushed shipping service is now going out in under 4 days. We are making consistent progress each week to clear out the Economy shipping backlog and reduce our Economy ship times. You should expect to see Economy ship times decrease to 1 month by Black Friday.

We are providing same-day responses to customer inquiries. To continue our mission to deliver the best-in-class customer experience, we are enhancing the customer resources available in our COMC Help Center, extending our Live Chat hours, and optimizing our website.

Our focus is now on driving your sales. We launched our new Fresh Pulls discount, so you can get your in-demand items for sale cost-effectively while decreasing the turnaround time to list and sell them. In addition to this new offering, we will be promoting Elite and Auction items both directly through our COMC channels and in partnership with eBay.

With the holiday season quickly approaching, we will keep optimizing to help you find more of the cards you want while better supporting you to increase your sales and get more eyes on your cards.

Happy collecting!"

Julia Getsch

- COMC President and Cofounder

Last edited by Rich Klein; 10-04-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:50 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineunder71 View Post
My last order with them was Paid for on Aug 31, and I received my cards on Sept 10. I consider that just fine

However, the packaging of the cards has gone down hill big time!!! My last two orders have arrived in penny sleeves heavily taped to a piece of cardboard, really pathetic!!! A few of the cards in the order I paid over $30 for, I would always expect a $30 card to be better protected than that!

I’ve purchased over 100 times from this company, and I think my days dealing with them are limited. They are going down hill fast

Interested in hearing others’ recent experiences! Cheers

Colton

P.S.- In response to the previous post, I find Comc ships much sooner than the expected ship date that you receive via email, good luck getting the cards in a top loader though
If you do not request and pay for a top loader, you get a penny sleeve.

I placed an economy shipping order on 5 Sep, my expected delivery has moved from December 21st up to October 30th. I won’t be using economy shipping again the next time I order from them. And I will as they have many 72 Topps baseball cards in great condition for really reasonably prices.

I would not give up on them all that quick but ymmv.

Regards

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:56 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

With all due respect, guys, I'm not looking for general thoughts about COMC, I'm looking for insights from people who have actually had cards shipped recently, so I'll ask again...

"Seeing if anyone knows whether or not the shipping wait times have improved.

Looking today (October 4), it says my cards would take two months (January 4) to be delivered with standard shipping (I have no interest in paying over $20 to get the order sooner). Were I to request shipment today, is the January 4 date the 'real' date the cards would arrive, or is there a chance my cards would arrive relatively sooner? In other words, is their delivery date a strict, accurate reflection of reality, or do they simply add two months delivery time to every order and it doesn't actually take that long? Does anyone have any actual real world examples (not guesswork) of recent shipping results via standard, non-expedited shipping?"

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:15 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

While not proof, I have not seen any shipping time complaints for basic service in the last couple of months. It looks like their processes have gotten closer to normal and nearly acceptable.

On the processing side, they seem to be clearing their submissions in about half the time allotted, so their additional staffing seems to be getting the work accomplished.

On the toploader side, any card purchased for over $50 should automatically come with a toploader, but less than that and you have to purchase it when you check out (unless it was pictured in one). If the cards arrive damaged, you have time to return them to COMC and let them know that's why.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:52 PM
qualitycards

I rec'd my order today from COMC, about 30 cards, 4 graded the rest ungraded.
Took them a week to ship it & 3 days for me to receive the priority package.
I opted for the 2nd shipping tier at $13ish rather then the $7.99 which would take forever to receive.
Cards were packaged well, so no complaints on my end.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:45 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post
Customer has the final say.
I always swear by the handy #2 Heinz as opposed to the #2 pencil!

Mike
Old 10-06-2021, 12:55 PM
€d M!££w00D

Just checked the latest status on my COMC.com order:
Attached Images
File Type: png comc.PNG (5.9 KB, 107 views)

Ed
Old 10-06-2021, 01:02 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

When I made my order, there were 800,000+ items ahead of me. The number has been dropping rather quickly. Relatively speaking......

Tracking: Not Shipped Yet
Date Requested: 9/5/2021
Estimated Ship Date: 10/31/2021
Items Ahead of My Order: 483,758

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:16 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Basic shipping, my last two orders, screen cap cut to excise tracking ID'ing info, presented with only strictly factual comment:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.14.21.jpg (12.7 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.14.34.jpg (9.0 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by G1911; 10-06-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:28 PM
John I.

Is there any difference between shipping cards you've already bought with store credit, versus buying the cards in your cart? I feel like that would make a difference, but I'm not sure.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:07 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1941 View Post
Is there any difference between shipping cards you've already bought with store credit, versus buying the cards in your cart? I feel like that would make a difference, but I'm not sure.
I have just been buying from them. I don't have any store credit with them.

But it all comes down to what level of shipping that you choose. Regardless of store credit or not.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:09 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1941 View Post
No, they all have to be pulled from the warehouse. They're not constantly re-arranging them based on who owns them at any given moment.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:31 PM
D@n.M@tsing3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
This is what I don't understand...and someone can educate me if I'm missing something obvious.

If I buy a card from them via their site...my delivery time is months down the line. In the case with my latest order, three and a half months.

But if I buy a card from them on eBay the estimated arrival date is August 24, approximately one week.

Attachment 414168
If you order it on eBay you will wait a month file a claim against them and never get the item. Gone through that personally.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:54 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I bought a card from them on eBay recently and got it within a week of the auction close. No issues whatsoever.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-12-2022, 03:28 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Requested shipment: 12/9/21
Received cards today: 1/12/22
Shipping cost: $5.99

So, just over a month. Not too terrible for me personally, as these are all cards for my PC, and not things I'm looking to flip. And the well-secured packaging was top notch, with the added bonus of easy-to-remove tape. Heck, I even scored a pair of very-usable boxes out of the deal, too.

And now for the excitement of poring over everything. A second Christmas!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.