NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Default Please Help re PC797 - 1948 Gunther Beer Postcards

Posted By: Val Kehl

A long-time collector in my area (who is not into using computers) is missing only 2 of the 12 listed 1948 Gunther Beer Washington Senators Postcards (PC797) in his collection. They are:

Scarborough/McCreight.

McBride/Candini (this one is not listed in the Std. Cat., but is listed in the Sports Collectors Bible).

This collector would very much like to obtain photos of these 2 cards. I would appreciate any assistance, including leads as to whom I might contact, that Forum members can provide.

Many thanks in advance!
Val

Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: larry

i assume he doesnt want to sell them
if he does i will pay a hefty price

Old 11-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Larry-
The chance of this collector selling his PCs is virtually none. FYI, I want his Coan/Vernon PC, as I am a Mickey Vernon collector. This collector has been collecting Gunthers fo a long time, and he half-doubts that the 2 he is missing actually exist, in which event he would have a complete set, which he would never trade or sell. I sense that the only chance I have to get him to trade the Vernon PC to me is to convince him that these 2 do exist. His current main collecting interests are Briggs meats, Esskay meats, and bread labels (and I have a Briggs - M. Mantle that he wants from me). If I can get him to part with the Vernon, then I suspect he would be receptive to trading some of his other PCs for his current want items. As they say, "now you know the rest of the story"!

Val

Old 11-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

I have never seen one example from this set. I have been looking for the Early Wynn for over five years with no luck.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: larry

hi
i have many briggs esskay and bread label doubles to trade
so if theres a possibility let me know

Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Phil,
I have never seen one either, but I hope to at least see the Vernon PC soon. I'll keep you in mind should I learn that this collector is willing to part with his Wynn PC.
Val

Old 11-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Larry,
I'll keep you in mind should I learn that this collector is willing to trade any of his Gunther PCs (other than the Vernon, which I covet).

You mention that you have bread labels to trade. FYI, for my own type collection, I am looking for a National Tea-Vernon and a Northland-Busby, Courtney, or Jensen. Do you have any of these available?
Val

Old 11-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

I've been looking for the Wynn for much longer than Phil. Can I cut in line in front of him?

Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Paul - I'll also let you know if this collector should decide to part with his Wynn PC.

By the way, I have now learned that this collector's Wynn-Yost PC is not a "whole" PC. That is to say, the PC is cut into two halves! What a shame that someone did this long ago!! I assume this will lessen your and the other collector's interest in this PC.

FYI, the Gunther collector has just obtained confirmation of the two PCs he is missing from a Michigan collector who has the complete set.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default gunther beer

any thought on your friend selling his gunther beers