NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-06-2022, 01:02 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default John Cena wants to buy my best item… maybe! A short story to share

I thought some of you might enjoy this quick story - Like a lot of us, I had lots of found time in my life during early COVID (and a very supportive wife and family!) so I really have had fun designing and filling my “card cave” - see images below

In addition to Net54, I have gotten active on a couple of vintage FB pages and, for the most part, it’s been a great experience there too.

A few weeks ago, a friendly new card acquaintance told how he had been contacted by a TV show director about a new show with John Cena as the exec director - see her note below:

My name is **** ****, I'm a casting producer with ITV America and we are currently casting collectors of Sports Memorabilia for a new series with executive producer John Cena.

Your friend gave me your email and told me that you may have some things that could work for our show. I'll provide you with some details about our show and how it will work, and if you have any questions or are interested in knowing more, we can set up a time to chat over the phone.

-ITV is teaming up with WWE superstar and movie star John Cena for a brand new series for one of the major cable networks, the show will see Cena and his cousin, Marc Predka, who are best friends and huge sports fans as they look to add amazing pieces to their personal collections of sports memorabilia, specifically items that come from iconic moments in sports history. -We're looking for collectors who live in or near sports-obsessed cities and have iconic items with ties to that city, or a particular sport, player, etc. (Ex: Red Sox collector in MA, or a Larry Bird superfan with tons of unique memorabilia). We are looking for fun, unique, rare items that have great stories. (Josh mentioned you have a 'card cave' of sorts, but just as a heads up we are trying to avoid flat objects and items, only because they do not film very well-with that said, do you have other pieces that may fit?)

- On the show, a super sports fan duo from your city would come meet you at your collection. Their mission is to track down the best pieces of sports memorabilia that will ultimately impress John Cena and his cousin. This is your moment to show off your collection to them and talk about your pieces that have the best stories. During this visit, the duo will hone in on their favorite items that you may be willing to sell (for under $10K).

-Then is the next round, which would be you (the collector)and the duo meeting with Cena's cousin to talk about your item and they will do a Shark-Tank-like pitch presentation of why your items belong in Cena's permanent collection. If Cena loves the item, he'll buy it from you at market value and you'll walk away with the cash!

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, we can find time to talk on the phone and go over everything in more detail. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Not sure I have much of interest (they won’t buy cards) but I am still hoping to have a chance to show off my “card cave”….. I just hope John Cena doesn’t bully me to sell things that I don’t want to sell! 😂

I guess you just never know where this hobby might take you!

Thought I’d share my story… will post updates this Fall if I am selected for the show!

Jeff
Old 06-06-2022, 02:12 PM
Robert Williams

Don't let them steal nothing from you.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:26 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I could see them taking advantage of the situation. Be cautious if you go on the show.

There's a show on MeTV called Collectors Call. At the end of each episode, an "expert" offers up a trade to the featured collector. I would estimate that maybe two times out of 10, does the proposed trade come to fruition.

It's cool that they want you for the show, but don't let the 15 minutes of fame coerce you into doing something you might regret later.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:20 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I could see them taking advantage of the situation. Be cautious if you go on the show.

There's a show on MeTV called Collectors Call. At the end of each episode, an "expert" offers up a trade to the featured collector. I would estimate that maybe two times out of 10, does the proposed trade come to fruition.

It's cool that they want you for the show, but don't let the 15 minutes of fame coerce you into doing something you might regret later.
Not to worry... I’ve got this! But thx for the thought.