NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2022, 07:56 PM

Default Slightly Off Topic: eBay listings view

Tonight I noticed when I keyed in a search for a set, the listings showed each card in a single row. For months, I have had auctions showing numerous auctions per line, which I hate.

I didn't change any settings. Is this something eBay does on a whim?

I prefer the single item per line much better.

Does everyone else have this issue?

Patrick

Last edited by Vintagecatcher; 04-29-2022 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:57 PM
Jay Shumsky

The box I highlighted on the right lets you choose between the different display options. Mine sometimes switches for no apparent reason as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebay.JPG (19.1 KB, 197 views)
Old 04-29-2022, 09:53 PM

I'm having the same issue.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:13 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

They seemingly randomly roll the dice and change things up once in awhile. Besides what you mentioned, they enjoy suddenly switching my saved searches from 'newly listed' to 'best match.' Thank you, eBay, but I'll decide my own 'best' matches, dammit.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2022, 02:54 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

What kills me is that when I search "All Categories" to make sure I don't miss any new listings for cards I search for daily, the dice roller program just randomly decides to switch my search parameters to the "Trading Card Singles" category. In my case, the "All Categories" search yields about 6000 results, while the "Trading Card Singles" search yields anywhere from 300 to 1000 fewer results. Why would I not want to see all options with my key words in the title? I have to constantly watch everytime I search to make sure they haven't auto-changed it again. And then they auto-change my "list view" to "Tile View" (or whatever it's called) at any point, even just when I go from page 1 to page 2. SO ANNOYING! Sometimes I think they just have people coming up with these things because they ran out of things to do on a successful platform that worked well.

At the bottom of each search page there is a link called "Tell Us What You Think" to give feedback about the search experience. I suggest everyone click this link and tell them what you think...although I seriously doubt it will make any difference. Ebay seems hell-bent on making the site miserable for card collectors and sellers alike.
Old 04-30-2022, 04:42 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

I have the same issue and hate it also. As mentioned, Ebay does not care what we think.
Old 04-30-2022, 07:49 AM
Dave

I was looking at the "Sold" price history for something fairly common the other day on Ebay. At the top it would say there are like 92 results for this item, but then it would only show me like 2 or 3 of the completed items.
Old 04-30-2022, 02:12 PM

Default EBay viewing

Just click on "list" view, which I also prefer

Bruce Perry

Last edited by theuclakid; 04-30-2022 at 02:13 PM. Reason: title wrong
Old 05-02-2022, 06:20 PM

Default Thanks for the responses!

Thanks to Jay and others for responding. Wished I had posted the question sooner..

My listing style changed again back to the "gallery view" tonight, so I clicked on the box just below "include description" and clicked on the drop down menu to change it back to "list view."

Patrick

Last edited by Vintagecatcher; 05-02-2022 at 06:39 PM.