NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-25-2020, 06:58 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Suggestion to Net 54 sellers

A number of folks on the board have been advertising non BST related auctions and ebay sales, and undoubtedly many of us would like to support Net 54 people to the extent we can. One suggestion I'd make to sellers is to list some reasonable buy it now items. Life is crazy for all of us, and many of us are too busy with family and friends to track an auction right now for 2 weeks or 10 days. List some reasonably priced buy now items and you might see some quick purchases. Just a thought.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It seems most (by a small margin) of the sales there already have BIN's but I like the idea.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:58 AM
Scott Russell

Problem as a true consignment auction is my clients expect to go to auction, I'd have to get permission to sell a different way. Not a bad idea though!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 03-25-2020, 11:10 AM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

I would like to see everyone actually list a price with their items.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:03 PM
Jason Seidl

How about forcing some of these "spammer" like sellers to consolidate their posts in the same forum???
Old 03-25-2020, 04:16 PM
Ben North

Maybe the buyers could list exactly what they are looking to buy and LIST the prices they will pay.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey City Giants View Post
How about forcing some of these "spammer" like sellers to consolidate their posts in the same forum???
Pm me about those and if they are out of line they will be merged. I have never not responded to a pm.
I like Bens idea too.

Last edited by Leon; 03-25-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:29 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Maybe the buyers could list exactly what they are looking to buy and LIST the prices they will pay.
"Paying strong" is not enough?
Old 03-25-2020, 05:35 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
"Paying strong" is not enough?
Yes it is Steve....
Old 03-25-2020, 05:37 PM
Br1an N0Iff

I always have a hard time for some reason posting/uploading scanned pictures on the BST. I have a ton of stuff to sell off but always get frustrated trying to post the pics.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:38 PM
Tony

Quote:
I really like this idea; maybe there should be a separate forum; If I saw something I had, that someone needed and their buy price was good, I would certainly entertain this. It could be like the old naxcom days. Obviously, it's not sale until both parties agree. It's much better than just putting stuff out their and hope somebody wants/needs it.

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 03-25-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:42 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintboy View Post
I always have a hard time for some reason posting/uploading scanned pictures on the BST. I have a ton of stuff to sell off but always get frustrated trying to post the pics.
Biggest thing is keep the pics at or below 1.2MB each. If you need help PM me, I have helped/resized pics for a ton of members.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:27 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
I really like this idea; maybe there should be a separate forum; If I saw something I had, that someone needed and their buy price was good, I would certainly entertain this. It could be like the old naxcom days. Obviously, it's not sale until both parties agree. It's much better than just putting stuff out their and hope somebody wants/needs it.
Naxcom, that takes me back.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 03-26-2020, 06:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Pics from phones are usually way too big for our system to host them. Anyone can always PM me for help and I will help. But downsizing them is key.

Personally, I think part of the reason phone pics are so big is because the tech companies want you to buy more cloud storage faster (that is just my hunch). Isn't the answer almost always "money"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Old 03-26-2020, 10:00 AM

Here's what I do to get photos down to Net54 compliant size:

I've got two Google Accounts. I take a phone pick, send it from one account to the other via Google Hangouts. Then download it from the Hangout thread (I download it on the computer, but doing it on your phone will probably work too). Don't left-click on the picture, just "right-click --> save as", and the resulting picture is the right size for Net 54. Then when you make a post, click on the paperclip icon and attach the photo.

There are also a zillion websites that will shrink photos for you, but this is quick and easy.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Pics from phones are usually way too big for our system to host them. Anyone can always PM me for help and I will help. But downsizing them is key.

Personally, I think part of the reason phone pics are so big is because the tech companies want you to buy more cloud storage faster (that is just my hunch). Isn't the answer almost always "money"?
Actually, on this point I sometimes take a picture with my phone when I am not happy with the quality of the scan from my Canon scanner. I then text the picture as an attachment to my e-mail. From the e-mail, I open the picture with my Paint program and save it as a jpeg. Never any problem with it uploading to Net54 under the size requirements.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Biggest thing is keep the pics at or below 1.2MB each. If you need help PM me, I have helped/resized pics for a ton of members.
Good for you, Ben.

I've also helped and posted many pics for members, and the things I haven't noticed, upon receiving said pics sent to my email, is that the pics are usually very large (phone pics?) or they are sideways/upside down or both.

Usually a simple edit on ones phone like rotating them correctly then saving that simple edit fixes up the sideways/upside down ones.

As for pictures being too big, a simple pic resizer trying at 25% reduction increments works eventually.

There are many pic resizer options available through a simple Google search. Download one from a reliable source or from a name/site you're familiar with and away you go.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 AM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
I advertised in several FB groups that I am paying strong prices for 1979/80 OPC that are centered and in true NM/MT to MINT condition.

The responses, thus far, have been more annoying than helpful.

"I get you cards within hour" [12 hours later, which is fine because I'm not in a hurry] "I got cards, they been in storage for years" [I assume that jargon is similar to "pack fresh" and he thinks that means NM-MT to MINT]"tell me what you will pay for commons so we are not wasting each others time"

sigh...

so much wrong with that...

assuming they are true NM-MT to MINT, and centered, one cannot give a blanket paying price because one common may be harder to find centered than others.

so, with that, I pass, and move on. his time is too precious to waste.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:50 PM
Scott Russell

If you're feeling brave you can also change the settings for the pics on your phone and not take hi res 36" x 24" images!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:40 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
A number of folks on the board have been advertising non BST related auctions and ebay sales, and undoubtedly many of us would like to support Net 54 people to the extent we can. One suggestion I'd make to sellers is to list some reasonable buy it now items. Life is crazy for all of us, and many of us are too busy with family and friends to track an auction right now for 2 weeks or 10 days. List some reasonably priced buy now items and you might see some quick purchases. Just a thought.
Just remember a buy it now price should more than what people think would be the auction price. Otherwise the seller could just list it for auction.

The benefit of the buyer to pay what they think is a bit more than auction is they 100% will 'win' the item for price instead of being outbid the last second or having their next position blows away the known 'auction prices'

Also at least in ebay you get to use credit card points and get ebay bucks coupons etc...

If soo buys with friends etc, you can always just offer more ...saving 40 bucks by spending 5 hours going through the web day by day may not be a good tradeoff..
Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
That would be almost impossible to me.
Not that I post wanted ads, as I'm too disorganized.

But If I have the money, I'll buy almost anything if the price is right.
Maybe I should post as "Paying weak"?

As examples -
I bought my first Baseball silk at a major coin show.
I went to a restaurant china show on a whim, and all I came home with was a cubs coffee cup.
Went to a bottle show and bought baseball related stamps.

What the heck would I write for a wanted ad?
"I've got X dollars and my magpie self is looking for anything that strikes my fancy and is possibly underpriced"
Old 03-26-2020, 10:24 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Sellers can usually close a deal by just adding a few rolls of toilet paper. That should do the trick

Cant believe we are are in a day where its a honor and a priviledge to have your house rolled..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-27-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:56 PM
Tom Swift

Quote:
Ben: Thank you for the tip on emailing the photos to myself and reducing the size at that time. The photos are posting to my b/s/t ads with ease. I appreciate the help! Tom
Old 03-29-2020, 07:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminator View Post
Ben: Thank you for the tip on emailing the photos to myself and reducing the size at that time. The photos are posting to my b/s/t ads with ease. I appreciate the help! Tom
That is a good trick. Thanks to Ben for helping a brother out!
Old 03-29-2020, 11:44 PM
Jay Cee

I downloaded a free collage app. Now, I can post 1-9 pictures at a time and I have never have a problem posting.

Example
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6418.jpg (72.8 KB, 149 views)