NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-02-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Tbob, did you happen to see any e92 Nadja other than the St. Louis players?

DJ
I wasn't looking for them but a buddy of mine picked up 2 and flipped them to a dealer who is collecting them. One was from a dealer, the other came in with a collector who wanted to sell some of his cards. I'd say both were vg/vg+.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:22 PM

Two of the cards I picked up which weren't T210s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (85.7 KB, 868 views)
Old 08-02-2013, 04:25 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Anyone with some leads on high grade T206s, please feel free to call me. Thanks, Kevin 229-630-1686
Old 08-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Barry Arnold

Default bob m

thanks for the continuing update,
sounds like you're becoming quite the athlete on those concrete floors!
I didn't realize that al c had changed the name of his auction house to
legend of the fame---I thought it was Love of the game auctions!!
all the best,
barry
Old 08-02-2013, 04:28 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
Hardly any 101s or 102s. A couple of dealers had 93s, graded and raw. Saw a nice Griffith, Jennings, Tinker, Donovan and a few others. Less E92s than in past years, I thought.

Thanks Bob, I appreciate it. And nice pick ups. That T213-2 Matty looks awesome. T213's do seem to be gaining some steam.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
They don't because the prices fluctuate per potential buyer. An uneducated buyer will get a ridiculous markup compared to a more educated one
Not excuses....more like potential reasons. Another good reason... If you have the cards for a year do you want to update your price to a higher number In front of the customer if book value goes up as they are holding it?

Now I am aware you absolutely have something to fire back with after that last sentence but I will cut you off by saying...it's a business to some and others not so much. What's wrong with capitalizing on a cards appreciation. You adjust it while in hand you lose a customer on spite alone.

Not everyone has the means to run their life or business to the utmost perfection sometimes. Perhaps they would prefer to take their kids to the park on a Saturday rather than updat their cards prices they take to shows for fun every month.

I'm certain everyone's reAson is different but in all reality one guys rant does not undercut their profits much on what is likely most do for fun and hobby.

That being said. Most of the cards for sale are also online. They have websites phone numbers and email. Just ask from different methods of contact and see if you get a different answer. I do that regularly.

You should always do your homework. Ones that do that make it on your caution list.

My experience is I have not had that happen yet. So I don't mind asking and looking at what I am interested in.

Kevin
Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM
David Pierson
Banned

No cards for you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Soup-Nazi.jpg (63.1 KB, 822 views)
Old 08-02-2013, 05:52 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Is it 2 Micks and 1 Mays stolen?
Old 08-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Dan Bretta

Thanks for the updates Bob. Hopefully we get some pics of tonight's dinner.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Out of Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
.........The 54 Dinner and Drinks is tonight and I hope to see other 54ers there like David McDonald, Tom Boblitt and others who are here but I keep missing. I did meet a lot of members for the first time like Bubba and Frank Burkett. All in all it's been a great time....
My day at the National started at the B & L booth meeting tbob (thanks for the shout out), so I will offer a thankful contribution to his thread.

My expectations were high and I was not disappointed yesterday. I left the show after 7 hours with sore feet and without the cards I was looking for, but still financially solvent. By the end of the dinner I couldn't have been more pleased with the day . My first goal for the day was meeting as many of the folks here as possible. I will not try to list them all fearing exclusions but you know who you are. I'm sure I missed a few and for that I am sorry, but there's always next year.

The highlight of the show itself could not have been more unexpected, when my guest, not a collector, came to the show in the afternoon and immediately ran into someone he knew, who was involved with running the Olympic Collection section. Ultimately we went over to take a look. It was not crowded. After looking at a few items we were made aware of a table that we passed when entering the area. We went over to meet two former Olympians from 1968, who couldn't have been more gracious. We talked for at least 20 minutes with them. There was no line.

My guest and I were college roommates in 1968 and both remembered the '68 games well. Several of our classmates were Olympians that year and were well known to these two that were at the show. The Olympians stay in touch. My take away from that conversation was a signed Olympic jersey for a most reasonable price with the proceeds going to the Olympic Collector organization and not the athletes. Who were they?

Bob Beamon, who shattered the long jump record in 1968, a world record in track and field that stood for 23 years I think and is still an Olympic record and Dick Fosbury, who revolutionized the technique of the high jump in the 68 Olympics by "flopping".

The Dinner last evening was a treat and a tremendous tradition that I am now happy to be a part of. We sat up front by the podium and were joined by "Sterling" Lee, Eric S (who had the drink tickets (+1)) and Leon. By the end of the evening we were joined by many other Net54 "friends", hopefully not only because we had the drink tickets.

I apologize for the lack of wit in this post and will get back on track very soon, I promise, but wanted to express my sincere thanks to Leon and Net54 community for a day I will always remember.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Mike C@.v3

Default Frank

Sounds like you had a great time, Frank! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry you didn't find any cards to take home, but I find the National is more of a museum than a bargain house, but it's absolutely heaven for collectors and many alike. Can't wait until next year...I'll be there for sure
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 08-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

If you like beer consider prostchicago.com
Great German beers. 20 on tap I have never seen before.
The grapefruit beer was really good. Recommend not going for the liter size on it though

.5 liter pilsners
1 liter draft mugs
2 liter drafts in das boot.

Food was great. Pretzel was huge.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Is it 2 Micks and 1 Mays stolen?
What got stolen? Details?

Kevin
Old 08-03-2013, 10:57 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Yesterday, thefts were mentioned on cu. Also on the postwar side a discussion and links are posted. Anybody know details about the thefts? Suks bigtime. Dave
Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Mike Mattsey

Made it to the show and am taking lots of pics for later posting.

Anyone with poor condition T201's are welcome to PM me!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
What got stolen? Details?

Kevin
Link to the thread?

Kevin
Old 08-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Thanks for updates
Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Theft link at cu http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=895072 another link http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=895009

Last edited by Cardboard Junkie; 08-03-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I had a chance to go back to the National today and took a few pictures of items I was just blown away by. These are not cards but items that should be found in a museum for all to see and not locked away in a private collection somewhere....but that is a conversation for another day. There are not allot of pictures but these were significant items that I saw.

The first item I was taken with was Johnny Evers Cubs jersey that was found in the Mears booth. This jersey looked like it was in great shape and my mind started to wander as to where this item has been for the last century.

The second item was a full White Sox jersey but dumb ass me forgot to take a picture of the details of this item. I will have to check out the Mears site to find out who this belonged to. (Maybe someone can swing by there tomorrow to find out who this item was worn by). Next to this vintage Sox Jersey is a Ernie Banks gamer.

My wife is a huge fan of the movie *61 and she really enjoyed seeing this next item. This is Roger Maris' MVP award as well as a signed game used hat. It was cool to be standing within inches of this award knowing the history of it.

The next picture is a Jackie Robinson game used Jacket. Nothing more needs to be said.

This is by far and away the item that just captured my attention. This is the Jesse Owens gold medal that he won in the Berlin Olympics in 1936. What made it more special is that the gentleman behind the SCP counter walked over, took the medal out of the glass case and placed it right on the counter for me to see and touch. For a history lover like me...this was as close to being in the moment where Jesse Owens received this from Hitler as I could come. I feel like I touched history.

While hanging around the SCP booth I noticed a guy sitting behind, talking to a few of the workers in the booth and recognized him instantly. It seemed nobody else figured out who he was and when he exited the booth he looked right at me and said "do you want a picture?" Of course I said yes and put his arm around me and we had someone snap this shot. He could not have been friendlier and took the time to talk to a friend of mine when he asked him about his days on Chicago's South Side.

I had mentioned to Mr. Gossage that he played for the Cubs when I worked there and I remember him being taller and more intimidating and he looked me dead in the eye, smiled and said..."steroids....lots of them". With that...he laughed, said thank you to me and walked away.

It was a great show and far more museum-type items than I remember in the past but, after 12 Nationals this might have been the best one. I wanted to get a picture of something that I had seen on Thursday but I could not locate it. There was a full Lou Gehrig bat that had a inscription on it and I was struck by the size of it. It was larger than any bat players of the modern age would use and I had hoped to get a photo.

I did get a chance to meet our resident artist Graig Kreindler who was out walking the show and he is just as nice in person as one would think he would be.

Sorry I didn't get any pics of cards and other items but hopefully others got more.

Last edited by whitehse; 08-03-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:58 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Wow!!!! great stuff!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Yep, most I've talked with are complete a-holes. I'm looking for high grade or high dollar cards, and they pretty much write me off or don't spend two seconds with me to barter because I'm just a kid
Next time they do this, tell them "it's too bad you treated me so poorly. I might just be a kid in your eyes, but little did you know I'm the lone benefactor of the Niederman oil fortune. When I turn 21, I stand to inherit $465 million. In the mean time, I have an allowance of $25,000 a month, and I was really looking forward to buying some rare baseball cards today. I guess I'll have to spend this $50,000 somewhere else."

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM

Great report, Andrew! Thanks for posting the pictures, too!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Bruce C@rter

Quote:
Yep, most I've talked with are complete a-holes. I'm looking for high grade or high dollar cards, and they pretty much write me off or don't spend two seconds with me to barter because I'm just a kid
My son went to the National. He's 20 and he told me he had some of the same experiences the first day. He said he would try dressing up and see if that helped. He said it was like night and day. For some reason everyone started talking to him and dealing with him. Just not me since I didn't get to go.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 PM

Today was my last day and it ended with a bang. The news was sad early with the theft of the 2 1952 Mantles, 1 1951 Bowman Mantle and the binder of cards. I'll say it again: install surveillance cameras and get some security!!!! I hope they catch these cretins.
Oh we'll, the better news was I got to meet for the first time in person Bruce Babcock and David McDonald whom I have known through competitive bidding and from the 54 Board for many years. I also got to hang out with Jayson Miller and meet many other 54ers for the first time. The social side of the National, to me, is the greatest highlight.
Near the end of the day I stumbled across a red E94 Honus Wagner for my collection. Coupled with the dark green Moore E94 Zach Rice found for me, I am down to needing only 6 more E94s to complete the master set of 180 E94s. It's been a long journey but I'm getting close!
A couple of highlights from the last 24 hours included Josh Evan's speech about his adventures with Charlie Sheen and Roger Clemens and Pedro Martinez at the bar in the Hilton where I am staying.
As my friend David McDonald would say 'Aloha' to the National and I hope to see everyone in Cleveland next year.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 PM

Last night dinner at Geno's East with Scott, Richard, Leon, Ed, Gary and me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.7 KB, 569 views)
Old 08-03-2013, 11:25 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Great pic Bob, some serious collectors/collections sitting at that little table.

I don't say this often but if there was an item that needed to be in a museum it's that Owens medal.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 08-03-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:55 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Piercing stares. I nearly dropped my Mr Pibb.

Just kidding. It's Rite Aid's generic Mr Pibb. 10% cheaper with the Rite Aid discount card.

I'm speaking metaphysically, of course. About the discount card I mean.

Last edited by drcy; 08-04-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Mike Mattsey

TL;DR

I got little crazy with the phone camera, and thought I'd share what I saw with those who couldn't make the show. Lots of high priced stuff, but most of the vintage sellers I spoke with said that there weren't a lot of sales going on. Excuse the lousy photography. I'd blame the camera, but that would be telling a lie

The Cards:

E102 Cobb

Goudey Ruths

Purple Joe Blanket

Green Joe Blanket

T200s ChiSox & Tigers

D304 Mathewson

A pair of tickets to Game 2 of the '38 Series at Wrigley. Dizzy Dean took the mound for the Cubs, but couldn't hold off the Yanks down the stretch.

Jimmy Foxx

T206 Stars

Orioles: Thrice champions!

Two of the four T206 Planks I saw. Never saw a Wagner or a Magie. (LOL at the spell checker telling me Magie is spelled wrong!)

Those are the cards I did not buy. I didn't come home empty handed though. I picked up two cards of the three I needed for my 1908 Cubs set. I'm trying to get one card from each member of the team, and scored a Vin Campbell and a Del Howard! Only guy left is Andy Coakley. Wish he was in something less costly than the T204 set!

And the haul, such as it is, in total:

You might wonder what I'd be doing with a box of 1990 Score FB and a 2013 sticker book. Those are the best buys I made all day. My five year old told me he wanted to "do baseball cards" with me after we got home and to pick him up some football cards since he didn't have many in his folder. So I get to open a box of football cards with my son Otis tomorrow morning and he gets some stickers to play with. It promises to be the highlight of my weekend!

Hope everyone got what they wanted at the show.

Mike
Old 08-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Mike Mattsey

More cards!

A big bunch of nice T201s. Sadly, none of them in sad enough shape for me. Nice cards though.

Three different Mattys in lower grade condition. That one on the right was singing to me, but I left it for another day.

A T205 Walter Johnson in SGC 92 condition. Remarkable card!

Someone already posted the beautiful Cubs jerseys and Hartnett MVP trophy, but this old jersey from the Mack Men was just as nice.

Music for a champion: Dedicated to Mr. Frank Chance of the World Champion Chicago Nationals!

Couple of $$$ Ruth baseballs:

A Babe bat:

And a Cobb cudgel:

One of the coolest things at the show personally. Ted Kluszewski's jacket from his days at Indiana University. 1945 was the only unbeaten season in Indiana football history, and we finished #2 in the polls to Army that year. Go Hoosiers! Ted was one of the ends on that years squad which featured Hall of Famer Pete Pihos.

Shoeless Joe, and a Fadeaway. CJs

More Cracker Jacks:

From the "Black Swamp Find". These things were in better shape than the 2013 cards everyone was ripping open at the show.

Beauty, eh?

The King!

Giants Hurlers

Eddie Collins

Mr. Mack

"Dummy" Hoy

Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 AM

Default I wholeheartedly agree.

I don't say this often but if there was an item that needed to be in a museum it's that Owens medal.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that.

My thanks to the gentleman who thoughtfully posted his photo of Jesse Owens's Olympic gold medal. That was very, very moving. --Brian
Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Dan Bretta

Thanks for the pics, fellas!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:27 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
I don't say this often but if there was an item that needed to be in a museum it's that Owens medal.
I'll second that.

My thanks to the gentleman who thoughtfully posted his photo of Jesse Owens's Olympic gold medal. That was very, very moving. --Brian[/QUOTE]

Brian, I am the one who posted it and I have to tell you I am generally pretty jaded when it comes to sports memorabilia but this item just blew me away. What amazed me more is that the SCP employee took it out of the display case for myself and another person to see up close, take a nice picture and even touch history. I have found myself pondering the history of this item alone, above and beyond everything else I saw at the show this weekend. I agree with your words.....very moving.

Here is a little more information I found on this particular medal:

http://www.auctionreport.com/scp-auc...es-gold-medal/
Old 08-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

On the way back to jersey stopped at rivers casino for some poker in Pittsburg.

1 3 no limit. Only 3 tables going but the action was insane. 30 to 60 preflop every hand. 50 to 100 on 3rd and 4th street. All ins for hundreds every 7 to 20 hands. Everyone had 5 to 600 in front of them up to 1500.

Made 480 off the table and split a few minutes ago. If you are a poker player and heading through the area the game is still going.

Kevin

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 08-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Jason

Couple shots of the Kendrick Collection. Wish I would of taken more was worth going just to see these. Wagner shot is somewhat blurry but better than nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_002203.jpg (49.1 KB, 694 views)
File Type: jpg WP_002204.jpg (35.5 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg WP_002202.jpg (51.5 KB, 614 views)
Old 08-04-2013, 01:40 PM

Great photos and reports! Thanks a lot for posting them! Ricky Y
Old 08-04-2013, 01:54 PM
nels0n aud.et

Yep great picture thanks !
Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Scott

Default Dbacks

Who is the dbacks collection?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
Ken Kendrick...owner of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:15 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
Ken Kendrick, owner of Dbacks... And some sweet cards. I love the fuzzy out of focus cards on the periphery.. like say a Ruth rookie!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Ken Kendrick, owner of Dbacks... And some sweet cards. I love the fuzzy out of focus cards on the periphery.. like say a Ruth rookie!
Or the '33 Goudey Nap Lajoie. Or Shoeless Joe Jackson's 1909 American Caramel rookie.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-04-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Banned

we could all have these it just takes $$, it's not some great collecting feat.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
Is getting the $$ not a feat?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Tony N.

Default National

$1.2M for a PSA 2 Wagner?? Wow!! Did it sell?

Also, did anyone notice any E-107 HOFer's at any tables coming up for auction, or for sale?

Thanks again for all the pics.

Tony
Old 08-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Mike Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit1 View Post
I pretty much came out empty handed thanks to a LOT of dealers who can't be bothered to put price tags on their cards or handle more then one customer at a time. Whats even better is when you ask a price and they spend 10 mins "looking it up" and then are annoyed that your turning down their overpriced cards. I thought putting prices on cards was something that was established years ago as basic protocol to get people to BUY your cards?
While I picked up a lot of stuff and had a blast, I too agree this was a bit of a problem. I had one dealer who was having issues connecting to the internet with their Ipad, so just said the card "would be about" $300. I just said I would check back, but didn't. There were plenty of dealers with their cards mark and found myself spending more with them because I could pick several and negotiate what I wanted to pay quickly.

Last edited by Gmrson; 08-04-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
For me it's all about the cards.. I don't really care about who owns or owned them, or being impressed about how rich they are or how they acquired them (unless its a really cool story).. And those are awesome cards, flat out.

Last edited by itjclarke; 08-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Belltown Vintage

Each person I met was a 'highlight' - in addition to a lot of smiles and handshakes, probably interesting conversations with 50 or more people who I 'knew' but had never met. It would be easier to mention people I did NOT get to talk with, than to try to list all the ones I did.

As far as non-Net54 people, it was great meeting Brian Dwyer of REA and leaving some stuff with him - what a professional and an interesting person to talk with - Rob made a great move bringing him aboard at REA. Al Crisafulli of 'Love of the Game Auctions' is a Net54 guy, but I had never met him or consigned with his company - after hanging out with him a short while, I very comfortably gave him some stuff for his next auction. Also finally met Jon Richmond who I've been buying great stuff from for over a decade, but who doesn't participate on the board. He's a friendly knowledgeable guy who I hope pops in here every now and then in the future.

It was especially fun listening to Josh Evans speak at the dinner - that guy is a heckuva speaker, no matter what he's talking about. I don't think I've ever met anyone who could read an audience like Josh.

Oh yeah, I met a professional hockey player (HOF'er) at the hotel bar one night and talked about everything but hockey. Growing up in East Texas, I know nothing about hockey, which I think he liked - also the fact that I had no idea who he was until he told me his name when he left. That was another highlight for me personally.

Hope to see all of you again, in Cleveland next year.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Oh yeah, I met a professional hockey player (HOF'er) at the hotel bar one night and talked about everything but hockey. Growing up in East Texas, I know nothing about hockey, which I think he liked - also the fact that I had no idea who he was until he told me his name when he left.
Scott.........Sooooooooooooo..... Who was it? I can't stand the suspense (and thanks, again, for the cards. Love 'em).

Matt

Last edited by Kzoo; 08-04-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Bill Boyd

Scott,
You wrote as great story, but you can't leave us hanging like this. Finish the story, who was the NHL HOFer????????
Old 08-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Belltown Vintage

Tony Esposito.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Jason

Josh was just awesome as a speaker the highlight of the weekend for me.