NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-29-2023, 08:56 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Default OT (kinda): USPS Missing Mail Help Please

Need some help & feedback please...

Has anyone filed a USPS missing mail report and had them successfully recovery it?

I purchased some vintage baseball snapshot photos from eBay and now it went missing.

Tracking shows it was out for delivery to my house, was never delivered.Tracking then changed that it was taken to a local USPS locker(?)--don't know why. There was no keys left for me or even a USPS notice it went to a locker. It's a basic USPS 1st Class mail no signature require or anything. I waited a few days to see if it was going to be redelivered to my house but never was.

I visited the Post Office it was supposedly being held at in a locker and they don't have it (?) They took my personal & package info said they'd get back to me...never did.

I revisited the same Post Office about a week later to get an update. Couldn't tell me anything said they'd get back to me...never did.

I'm absolutely baffled how it was never delivered then it was placed in a locker...then it's not in a locker.... and not even at that USPS facility.

Very sad that a piece of baseball history could be gone because of this error.

Help?

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 03-29-2023 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:02 AM
octavio ranzola

had same problem with a 15 cracker jack it showed up three weeks later ,,
Old 03-29-2023, 09:12 AM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

When I have a status that says Parcel Locker, that means it's at my mailbox area in my neighborhood but too big for my actual mail box so they leave a key in my box for one of the larger package lockers that are there.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:18 AM
Justin

Have you put in a missing mail request online yet?

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

I've done it a couple times in similar situations and the packages were both found/delivered quickly after
That may just be a coincidence but it's still a step that you need do either way.

I would also request to speak to someone who gives you a better answer than "we'll get back to you" at the local post office, whether that be a supervisor or post master.

They should have very clear tracking information as to why it wasn't delivered and where it went after the "non delivery".

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jcosta19; 03-29-2023 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:48 AM
J0hn Collin$

Did you buy it on eBay? If nothing else, they might still give you your money back if you file a request with them saying you never got it. Yes, even if it shows delivered on their tracking. I got them to reimburse me for a package probably 5 years ago like this - showed delivered to my office, but my mailroom didn't have it and couldn't find it even after 3 days. The USPS said they could not put a GPS location on the delivery because of where the mailroom was located. eBay made me file a police report of all things, (assuming it was stolen) and then reimbursed me in full.

Last edited by jchcollins; 03-29-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-29-2023, 12:59 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

I just want to reiterate that this is a normal status and is not meant to indicate it is at the post office.

I get this status all the time (see image below). It just means that it was left in a parcel locker at your mailbox area (and a key should have been in your box). The only reason that status wouldn’t make sense is if you live in an old-timey neighborhood where every house has their own mailbox on their own property.

The one time I had this status and my package wasn’t obtainable was only because my mailman left the key to the parcel locker in a neighbor’s mailbox and not mine. So I think it is most likely that is the scenario that happened to you and a neighbor got the key. But since it’s been a couple weeks, kind of surprising they wouldn’t have found you to give you the package by now, if that’s what happened.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:56 PM

I had the same thing happen with USPS for a phone that was being returned. USPS said it was picked up by an agent of the cell company but never given final delivery. Package was never found, but I was fine since I kept tracking info.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:13 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPadre View Post

...f you live in an old-timey neighborhood where every house has their own mailbox on their own property...
I just aged five years simply by reading that.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 03-29-2023, 10:49 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Three out of three not bad!

I had three packaged saying either delivered or out for delivery--USPS insurance reimbursed for 2, lost--the other item contents stolen, and denied insurance claim--keep your fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath either!
Old 03-30-2023, 12:53 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I just aged five years simply by reading that.

You and me both. I guess having a single family residence is “ old timey” . It doesn’t matter where either, just plain old timey neighborhood. I got my laugh for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2023, 03:17 PM

I have had this happen four times in the last year. I retrieved two and lost two. At my post office if tracking marks a package out for delivery and then is marked delivered to locker later in the day you can count on the package being left at the wrong house and the carrier failed to scan it. When I checked at the post office for one of my lost packages (delivered to locker) the clerk said one of the supervisors checks the carrier routes at the end of the day and marks all unscanned packages as "delivered to locker". The clerk that told me about the supervisor happens to be my daughter. I told the supervisor the next time he marks one of my packages "delivered to locker" he will be explaining to Postal Inspectors exactly where this locker is. I also live in one of those old time neighborhoods with a mailbox at every house.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:32 PM
jim qu.inlisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDean View Post
I have had this happen four times in the last year. I retrieved two and lost two. At my post office if tracking marks a package out for delivery and then is marked delivered to locker later in the day you can count on the package being left at the wrong house and the carrier failed to scan it. When I checked at the post office for one of my lost packages (delivered to locker) the clerk said one of the supervisors checks the carrier routes at the end of the day and marks all unscanned packages as "delivered to locker". The clerk that told me about the supervisor happens to be my daughter. I told the supervisor the next time he marks one of my packages "delivered to locker" he will be explaining to Postal Inspectors exactly where this locker is. I also live in one of those old time neighborhoods with a mailbox at every house.

I was a mailman and this happened at my office also. We had to bring our scanners to the supervisor before we went home, he had a list of scans our route should have, then any we missed would get scanned as delivered. If any parcels went undelivered, my boss got yelled at the next morning. On my route out of 740 families I had no parcel lockers. On other routes I worked the only places with parcel lockers were at trailer parks. We must have been old timers too.
Old 03-30-2023, 04:02 PM

jimq, thank you for the information.

It looks like that is what happened to the OP's package. It was out for delivery at 6:10 am and then marked delivered to locker at 4:44 pm. I would bet the 4:44 pm scan was entered by a supervisor checking for unscanned packages on the route.

OP - You need to take a copy of the tracking information to your postmaster and find out if your mailman was still delivering at 4:44 pm or if this scan was entered by a supervisor. If the package was insured or has value, I would file the complaint with Postal Inspectors and not as lost mail. Especially if you find out your carrier finished the day before 4:44 pm.