NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 01-18-2010, 04:55 PM

Default Unique baseball ticket and 1st gen photo involving Hank Greenberg's 46th HR in 1938!

I wanted to let everyone on the board know that I just listed a neat historic lot on eBay (eBay lot # 260536649138) that involves Hank Greenberg's 46th HR from his career best season in 1938 when he pounded out 58 HR's. This ranked 3rd only behind the Babe's 60 HR's and 59 HR's in 1922 up until this point in time.

All items listed (3) came out of an old scrapbook from Conneticut:

1) The ticket is an unusual variant with a printed date of 8/31/38 issued by the Bridgeport, CT Elks, Lodge # 36 for Boys Day which took 500 kids to Yankee Stadium to watch the Tigers and Yankees battle it out. Greenberg hit his 46th HR in the game. Great baseball graphic image (see attached photos)
2) An original 1st gen 8 x 10 B/W photo of 14 year old boy wearing this ticket that was used in the local newspaper in Bridgeport the following day.
3) An original newspaper clipping showing the same photo of the boy Edward Crowe wearing the ticket.

Check it out. It's unique and belongs in your collection.
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Chris Wood

Default Very nice lot..

I'm bidding
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Default Greenberg's 46th HR in '38

Thanks Chris! Good luck on the auction- I think you will like it.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:51 AM

Really neat! I'm watching this auction too. My budget for the month is shot but I'm sure I'll find some reason to bid.

direct link