NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: Marijuana should be legalized and controlled/taxed, similar to alcohol.
Yes, legalize it. 229 61.23%
No, don't legalize it. 113 30.21%
I don't care. 32 8.56%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Medical marijuana has done some amazing things for children with behavioral and psychological disorders. Medical marijuana is not just about getting high like most of the nay-sayers seem to think.

It really bothers me that short-sighted people think I'm some kind of stoner looking to get high, or that I'm some gateway smoker in training for my future heroin or cocaine addiction.
As far as I know, beer has no medical benefits and it's still legal. Yep, people who see me at the end of the night in my local pub, think I'm some sort of ...well, heavy beer-drinker... stumbling home perhaps in what they would think to be an 'inappropriate' level of consciousness. Their judgement of me doesn't bother me at all, unless I cause problems for them because I'm inebriated, in which case some embarrassment on my part might be appropriate.

If I like to smoke pot, and it's legal (and even if it is NOT legal), I don't really care what people think my intent is, any more than I care what their intent is when they make their personal decisions. But let's remember - most people DO smoke pot to get high. If it bothers you that people are bothered by that, then I'm sure other unknown thoughts that people have about you might also be bothering you, which isn't healthy - you need to get over it.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM

I think we are talking about two different things. You are talking about marijuana in general and I'm talking about medical marijuana which is prescribed by a doctor for medicinal use. Your beer analogy doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion. I am making points as to why some of the publics (and boards) views on medical marijuana users as stoners looking to get high are way off base and totally out of touch with reality. These decisions are voted on by the general public. If the general public is misinformed they make misinformed decisions that effect people like me who are informed.

I don't have to get over anything. I don't see how being bothered by people stereotyping me means I'm the one with the problem. Or that I have some unhealthy obsession.

Last edited by packs; 11-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
I think we are talking about two different things. You are talking about marijuana in general and I'm talking about medical marijuana which is prescribed by a doctor for medicinal use. Your beer analogy doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion. I am making points as to why some of the publics (and boards) views on medical marijuana users as stoners looking to get high are way off base and totally out of touch with reality. These decisions are voted on by the general public. If the general public is misinformed they make misinformed decisions that effect people like me who are informed.

I don't have to get over anything. I don't see how being bothered by people stereotyping me means I'm the one with the problem. Or that I have some unhealthy obsession.
You are right - no one should tell you that you need to get over being bothered by the opinions that others have of you. That would mean that you should be concerned about the opinion of the person giving you the advice, which you shouldn't be (and obviously aren't).

I will give you one additional small piece of advice, which seems logical based on your response to my post: if you don't give a shit about my opinion, you shouldn't give a shit about why people think you are smoking pot.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM

It's not about me though. Or smoking pot. It's about people like me who depend on medicinal marijuana and are routinely looked at as being some kind of low-life stoner, which inherently negates and minimalizes any type of physical or emotional pain I'm experiencing, rather than seeing me as a person in need of medication. People think medicinal marijuana is a joke rather than a life altering medication that enables millions of people with a variety of physical, emotional, and behavioral ailments to lead regular, healthy lives. That is the perception I want to change.

There are always going to be people who take advantage. But that is true with anything.

Last edited by packs; 11-16-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 PM

marijuana should be legal the war on drugs is a joke and the prohibition was started on grounds of racism and bye big business because they felt there was a threat to the paper industry. I believe marijuana should be sold as such goods like alcohol and tobacco making stipulations on it such as you have to be 21 and not driving impared and tax the shit out of it the goverment would make a killing. marijuana is a plant our ancestors have been using for centurys and its only been these last hundred years where they made it wrong to use a plant that grows naturally. let me just say i dont smoke weed but if it was legal i might break out the the 6 footer lol
Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 AM

Agree Medical marijuana has definite place in medicine. Just had some one on it for Pancreatic CA. Poor guy's life improved with use of it.

Being a child/teen of the 70's, in my Miami neighborhood of potheads, Van Halen, peace, personally would rather not see it go legal. Just a personal opinion. Only based on experience and what I saw it do. (Yeah, I deal with the horrendous results of legal Etoh and tobacco daily, and the disease and morbidity and death, at my office). Doesn't change my mind.

We are in a Democratic society, and the vote will give a result in the end.

Agree with references to the bible and nothing should be used in excess including this for recreational use.

Odd topic for our forum.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
pariah1107

Don't believe this has been covered yet, but here are some of the key provisions to the marijuana law in Washington state:

1) Anyone over 21 can possess up to an ounce. In addition, there will be no charges for use of drug paraphernalia.
2) Marijuana cannot be displayed or used in public, and producers, processors, distributors, or advertisements cannot be located within 1,000 feet of public locations where children might be present.
3) Licenses would be required to sell, process or grow marijuana. Licenses would cost $250 with an annual $1,000 renewal fee.
4) By Dec. 1, 2013, the state LCB must establish procedures regulating the sale of marijuana in the sate, and will be a business regulating authority
5) A 25% tax will apply to each level of production and distribution. State and local sales taxes will also apply to retail sales.
6) A fixed amount of money raised from taxes will go to administration of the measure, youth substance abuse surveying, cost-benefit analysis of the measure and public health materials about marijuana use.
7) Of the remaining money, 50% will go to the state basic health plan, 15% to subsatnce abuse reduction and prevention programs, 10% for marijuana specific public health info, 5% for other health services, 1% for research into effects of marijuana use, .75% to program to prevent high school dropouts, The remaining 18.25% will go to the state general fund.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeadcock View Post
Agree Medical marijuana has definite place in medicine. Just had some one on it for Pancreatic CA. Poor guy's life improved with use of it.

Being a child/teen of the 70's, in my Miami neighborhood of potheads, Van Halen, peace, personally would rather not see it go legal. Just a personal opinion. Only based on experience and what I saw it do. (Yeah, I deal with the horrendous results of legal Etoh and tobacco daily, and the disease and morbidity and death, at my office). Doesn't change my mind.

We are in a Democratic society, and the vote will give a result in the end.

Agree with references to the bible and nothing should be used in excess including this for recreational use.

Odd topic for our forum.
It is only odd because one makes it out to be odd. I see nothing odd about it.

I guess there are many gentlemen who are more conservative due to the era and perhaps area they grew up in. I see how other groups could consider it taboo.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
It is only odd because one makes it out to be odd. I see nothing odd about it.

I guess there are many gentlemen who are more conservative due to the era and perhaps area they grew up in. I see how other groups could consider it taboo.
I guess it is a bit odd but I believe the forum is more than just a bunch of card geeks. There are several hundred members I am acquainted with and friendly with. We don't live in a glass bubble. That being said, as I stated above, this is a rare instance with this kind of topic and it will be kept rare. Anyone that is a good contributor can post off topic per the rules.....I just thought it would be interesting, not too political, and make for some fodder. I think it has done that. No one has to worry too much about this forum going to hell in a handbag, we will do our best to see it doesn't. First and foremost it will stay a vintage baseball card and memorabilia forum (on the other side). Once again, thanks for everyone's views, even the ones I don't personally agree with. Freedom is what makes America the best place in the world to live.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Freedom is what makes America the best place in the world to live.
Agreed
Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Legalize it. I don't partake--not something I enjoy--but I have no issue with those who want to. Prohibition has just driven it underground, taking the tax revenues with it. It has been de facto legal in CA for a while and there hasn't been any [extra] collapse of law and order. If anything it has made it safer for average potheads to score.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-17-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
And Wazoo- you are a very smart young man. NO way should marijuana be used by adolescents. No where have I ever heard that be an acceptable practice. Just like alcohol or tobacco shouldn't be either...( I can't stand tobacco but understand it's somewhat of a relaxer for smokers, but yuck )....
Thank you very much Leon.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I guess it is a bit odd but I believe the forum is more than just a bunch of card geeks. There are several hundred members I am acquainted with and friendly with. We don't live in a glass bubble. That being said, as I stated above, this is a rare instance with this kind of topic and it will be kept rare. Anyone that is a good contributor can post off topic per the rules.....I just thought it would be interesting, not too political, and make for some fodder. I think it has done that. No one has to worry too much about this forum going to hell in a handbag, we will do our best to see it doesn't. First and foremost it will stay a vintage baseball card and memorabilia forum (on the other side). Once again, thanks for everyone's views, even the ones I don't personally agree with. Freedom is what makes America the best place in the world to live.
Great statement, the entire thing really.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Very professionally handled Leon. Thank you for making this place a safe and wonderful environment for all of us.

Best Regards,
Wazoo
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Dave Terwi.lliger

If it becomes legal, what will all the Lawyers, Fat Police, Prison Guards and Judges do?

Is there another teet they can suck on until early retirement?

I guess the Supreme Court could overturn the 2003 Lawerence v. Texas Sodomy decision and use those helicopters to fly around looking in your backytard and windows and make sure you are not corrupting your wife. I'm guessing the 62 clowns who answered no on this poll are also in favor of eliminating the 14th ammendment to the US Constitution........? please chime in.

Definition of LIBERTY

: the quality or state of being free:

a: the power to do as one pleases

b: freedom from physical restraint

c: freedom from arbitrary or despotic control

d: the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges

e: the power of choice

Last edited by murcerfan; 11-18-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcerfan View Post
If it becomes legal, what will all the Lawyers, Fat Police, Prison Guards and Judges do?

I guess the Supreme Court could overturn the 2003 Lawerence v. Texas Sodomy decision and use those helicopters to fly around looking in your backytard and windows and make sure you are not corrupting your wife. I'm guessing the 62 clowns who answered no on this poll are also in favor of eliminating the 14th ammendment to the US Constitution........? please chime in.

Definition of LIBERTY

d: the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges

How are we clowns for voting NO!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 PM

Although I agree with most points made by murcerfan, just as you stated... People have the right to do as they please. If someone is against legalization we can't hold it against them. They have just as much right to be against it as we do for it. That being said, the times are changing and many things are much more open than they used to (I was raised incredibly conservatively).
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Fred

I don't care if they legalize it.

I believe that the states need to have laws on the books prior to the legalization of pot that regulate the sale of it and also laws that provide stiff penalties to those that are caught driving while under the influence. The last thing I want is for some stoned idiot to kill me, my family or friends.

I believe that the laws for being under the influence (while driving) should be stiffer than those for alcohol. While on that topic, I think the laws for driving under the influence of alcohol should be stiffer than they are now.

If the laws are known well in advance of the legalization of pot then anybody caught driving stoned will know of the penalties well in advance of the legalization of pot.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
How are we clowns for voting NO!!!
+1

I guess freedom only extends to people you agree with.

That attitude is so typical here in Ma. That it really bugs the * out of me.

Steve B
Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Default Update Colorado Nov 19th!

Afternoon,

Representative Dianna DeGette D-Co, is introducing a Bill in Congress that so far has Bi-partisan and Pro and Con legalization support to pass a statute that would make it a Non Starter (Exemption to the Federal Controlled Substance Act) for the Feds to be able to take any action against any States who have passed any laws or measures legalizing any substances that are currently deemed by the Feds to be a Schedule 1 Narcotic. Although she and some of her colleges do not believe that this action should have been taken (Legalization), they do believe that the People of Colorado have spoken !!!! And the Feds should mind their own business!!

YeeHah

Neil
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
+1

I guess freedom only extends to people you agree with.

That attitude is so typical here in Ma. That it really bugs the * out of me.

Steve B
LOL agreed

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcerfan View Post

Definition of LIBERTY

Are you high?

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 10-07-2014, 09:25 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedutymon View Post
Afternoon,

Representative Dianna DeGette D-Co, is introducing a Bill in Congress that so far has Bi-partisan and Pro and Con legalization support to pass a statute that would make it a Non Starter (Exemption to the Federal Controlled Substance Act) for the Feds to be able to take any action against any States who have passed any laws or measures legalizing any substances that are currently deemed by the Feds to be a Schedule 1 Narcotic. Although she and some of her colleges do not believe that this action should have been taken (Legalization), they do believe that the People of Colorado have spoken !!!! And the Feds should mind their own business!!

YeeHah

Neil
How's that working for you out there in Colorado?

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreill.../3824256251001
Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 AM

I say round them all up and throw them in jail for not doing anything to anybody. That joint, young man, will lead to you being homeless for totally unsubstantiated reasons according to cherry picked statistics. Did you know, young lady, that smoking just one joint can lead to pregnancy? And don't forget about crime. Just being around marijuana smoke can make you a violent offender. I knew a guy who smelled pot smoke and kicked his dog.

Last edited by packs; 10-07-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
I say round them all up and throw them in jail for not doing anything to anybody. That joint, young man, will lead to you being homeless for totally unsubstantiated reasons according to cherry picked statistics. Did you know, young lady, that smoking just one joint can lead to pregnancy? And don't forget about crime. Just being around marijuana smoke can make you a violent offender. I knew a guy who smelled pot smoke and kicked his dog.
Well, it's evil, wicked, mean and nasty...
-Steppenwolf, Don't step on the grass, Sam
...whatever I want
Old 10-07-2014, 09:50 AM

Just the other day I read that three young men HEARD someone mention pot and pushed an old lady down that they had previously been helping cross the street.

It is a scourge on society which knows no limits. Please banish it before we've all gone crazed with reefer madness.

Millions of people who have never smoked pot in their life are suddenly just deciding to get addicted because it became legal. I, myself, found out it's perfectly legal to spit on people's lawns. There's no law against it and you won't get arrested. So last week I spit on two thousand lawns around Denver. Because there's no law against it.

I suddenly became some crazed person because I found out something I've never had any interest in doing wasn't illegal. Help!

Last edited by packs; 10-07-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:15 AM

Default Pot

First of all,I believe there are more carcinogens in pot than regular tobacco?
I live in Florida where they want a tobacco free state,but are faced with the
people voting to leagalizie pot.(medicinal,then of course all pot) I have known
a few people who have taken pot for chemo sickness,but it was in capsule
form,from the hospital pharmacy.
We have people in Florida asking college students to vote yes on legalization?
I guess they might need it 40 years later?
When I drive my car,I could be facing a drunk driver,or texter.Now they want to add another large group of drivers under the influence,and not worry?
I never realized that thousands and thousands of people need medicinal pot?
Old 10-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Daryl

America had a good run.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:24 AM

That's probably because you're not in a position that you need it. And you should be thankful for that because if you were on chemo and watching your body melt away you'd probably hope there was medication that could alleviate your symptoms and promote eating / nutritional gain.

I really have no idea why people who are against legalization can't grasp this simple fact. Legalizing marijuana does not promote or negate use. You are already smoking marijuana if you're smoking it. You are not smoking it if you don't smoke. So you aren't protecting anything.

Think about yourself. Alcohol and tobacco are legal substances. Do you drink and drive? Do you drink at all? Do you get drunk and run around town causing chaos? Do you smoke cigarettes?

If the answer is no, then that's because you're an informed adult making your own decisions when faced with choices. If you said yes, the same applies. If you do or don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, how much does whether or not they're legal impact your decision?

Last edited by packs; 10-07-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I'm hoping legalization will bring down the prices a bit. I mean this is ridiculous:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-T212-Ob...item5b050cd353
Old 10-07-2014, 10:46 AM

I favor legalization for all the reasons stated above.

As an aside, one of my best friends and neighbors is Keith Stroup, who founded the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) in 1970 and who has since been and remains at the forefront of the legalization movement. In the course of his efforts, Keith has developed friendships with a fascinating cast of characters, to include the late Hunter Thompson, Willie Nelson and Hugh Hefner.

For those interested in the history of the legalization movement, and accompanying entertaining stories of individuals involved, you might wish to pick up Keith's book, It's NORML to Smoke Pot.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:47 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Default Pot tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
How's that working for you out there in Colorado?

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreill.../3824256251001
The increase is due to "pot tourism". If marijuana was legal nationally there would not have been an uptick since there would not have been a reason to go to Colorado since you would have had the same freedoms wherever you lived.

The state of Colorado still says that the savings in incarceration costs is greater then the extra costs associated with the extra homeless.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Rich v@n He$$

Live in Colorado. In general, everything is just fine. The world kept turning.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:51 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Unemployment increased 153% within the last two years.

Enough said.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Mike

It is worth noting that both Cannabis and Hops, arguably the most important ingredient in beer, are both from the Cannabaceae Family....just saying.

Last edited by Bocabirdman; 10-07-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Aaron Rothschild

Default for more information...

I don't really have much of an opinion on this O/T subject, but for any of you who want to learn more about the medical/recreational marijuana industry you should check out:

www.growthindustryseminars.com

(and if you're interested in attending the coupon code: AJR gets you a discount)

Just an FYI.

"too much of anything makes you an addict." - Nice & Smooth Sometimes I Rhyme Slow

I think I may be a t206 addict.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Steven

Quote:

Enough said.
I sure hope you are being sarcastic, unemployment in Colorado has FALLEN 30% in the past 2 years and remains under the national average:

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/colorado/

Packs - I really could not have said it much better. I would never wish someone to watch someone they love suffer, but you better believe it gives some perspective...medical marijuana is an absolute no brainer once the details get hashed out, its regulated and available in a multitude of mediums.

Legalization? Again, Packs nailed it...the incarceration numbers are astonishing. Using and driving is obviously not ok and we have laws in place already to handle that.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

Enough said.
Marijuana has very little to do with homelessness. Bad decisions is what causes it, usually. But what do I know, I have only given life skills classes, every week for the last 15 yrs, to the homeless at the Salvation Army. It is repeated bad decisions and lack of planning that causes homelessness. And that is enough said.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:

Enough said.

Hmmm....5.1% unemployment rate in Colorado..curious where you got your factoid. Just asking.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...mployment-rate
...whatever I want
Old 10-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmondobueno View Post
Hmmm....5.1% unemployment rate in Colorado..curious where you got your factoid. Just asking.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...mployment-rate
They say that 83% of statistics are just made up.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I sure hope you are being sarcastic, unemployment in Colorado has FALLEN 30% in the past 2 years and remains under the national average:

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/colorado/
My mistake, I meant homelessness. Homlesssness up 153% over the last two years. And as far as medicinal purposes, yeah, all those people in the video looked like they were in a lot of pain
Old 10-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
My mistake, I meant homelessness. Homlesssness up 153% over the last two years. And as far as medicinal purposes, yeah, all those people in the video looked like they were in a lot of pain
Just curious David, are you for prohibition of alcohol?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:15 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Just curious David, are you for prohibition of alcohol?
Leon,

I don't drink. To me, most people that use alcohol or drugs do so because their lives are so pathetic that they have to use that kind of stuff to excape the reality of it...at least for a little while.

David

Edited to add: Maybe it's just me, but I never understood why people would want to alter their state of mind. Life is good. I want to be sober and enjoy every minute of it.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 10-07-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Steven

David - I generally enjoy your posts here but you are way off base on this.

Again, you must be one luck guy, you have never watched someone you love suffer...must be livin right. Well the perspective IT can give you is that you become willing to do anything to help them, to relieve it. You realize that chemo is poison and is legal, as well as experimental treatments that shred your body apart as well as the narcotics that are used to "help". Who the fuck are you to tell anyone what helps them?

Freedom is having the ability to choose without infringing on the rights of the others. How is someone using it, in their home, infringe on anyone's rights? It is no worse that current cultural standards. How does this affect you? What impact will this have on you?

S Suck.ow

Last edited by rainier2004; 10-07-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: name
Old 10-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Leon,

I don't drink. To me, most people that use alcohol or drugs do so because their lives are so pathetic that they have to use that kind of stuff to excape the reality of it...at least for a little while.

David
That's a yes if you're scoring at home (or even if you're alone). At least he's consistent.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:24 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:

Again, you must be one luck guy, you have never watched someone you love suffer...must be livin right. Well the perspective IT can give you is that you become willing to do anything to help them, to relieve it. You realize that chemo is poison and is legal, as well as experimental treatments that shred your body apart as well as the narcotics that are used to "help". Who the fuck are you to tell anyone what helps them?

Freedom is having the ability to choose without infringing on the rights of the others. How is someone using it, in their home, infringe on anyone's rights? It is no worse that current cultural standards. How does this affect you? What impact will this have on you?
You make it sound as that ONLY marijuana can alleviate their pain.

How does it affect me? How about when they’re driving stoned and sharing the same road that I am?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:25 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:

Amen. As a libertarian I have always been for the legalization of marijuana. The "war on drugs" is nothing but an impossibly expensive run up Penrose Steps in my opinion. I have never done any illicit drug before, but it is not up to me to label or pass judgement upon anyone who does. As long as their activity does not interfere with my safety or freedoms then have at it.

Tom C
Old 10-07-2014, 11:27 AM

If you are worried about people driving while stoned, where is your crusade against alcohol? The same people who drink and drive will smoke and drive. The same people who drink and walk home or take a cab will smoke and walk home or take a cab.

Get some perspective. Not everyone lives your life and not everyone is out to put other people in danger just because someone did on the news.

Last edited by packs; 10-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Steven

Quote:
You make it sound as that ONLY marijuana can alleviate their pain.

How does it affect me? How about when they’re driving stoned and sharing the same road that I am?
Marijuana can do lots of things, one potential is impair judgment thus the laws that are in place against use and driving and that includes Texas. You would do the same thing when you see a drunk driver, report them. Legalization is not a bunch of stoners hanging outta windows firing up bongs.

David, your answer was deflective and I am guessing you have no real evidence to prove how legalization would infringe on your rights in any way and are simply stuck in your thinking as you have already alluded to a lack of understanding.

But again I ask, how does this affects you?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

On the bright side, for those who are in favor of legalization, difference of opinion on the matter is largely what we in the social sciences call a cohort effect. People born prior to about 1950 are mostly opposed. People born later than about 1950 are mostly in favor, and individuals' opinions don't change with age very much - so public opinion inevitably becomes more favorable as, well, as old people die. Same deal with gay marriage.