NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Default You know you have a great wife when ...

Posted By: Brian

<<which broke my irony meter>>

The Bruces have never wished me death (in public or private), but I have been recommended for life in prison a few times by the group.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Life in prison isn't so bad...you can still watch TV.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean C

Yet again, what started off as a nice little thread degenerated badly once the Bruce got involved (and no, I'm not going to indulge his ego by calling him the "Bruces" or anything of that sort). His continued anti-social behavior (as evidenced by his emails and posts, especially his "posting your obituary" and comments about Al) should not be allowed to continue. This is certainly not the first time he has done this, and I'm certain that it will continue to occur unless action is taken.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Theberge

I'm confused.

Exactly why are these immature and profanity laden contributions by Bruce tolerated and allowed on this board? I'm a Sox fan. Is it just another case of Bruce being Manny? Are his contributions accepted just because he has some nice stuff in his collection and he occasionally posts some informative stuff in between posting some incredibly insulting material towards individual board members?

I have never read such disgusting things as I have from Bruce in the last couple of days.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

These things are allowed by Bruce because a lot of times he is only fighting back. I don't like this stuff either but every time I do anything then someone gets upset. I am trying to be more like a referee in a fight (sorry for the euphemism but it's about par for the course (pun intended)) and stay out of the way when possible. Bruce starts more good threads than most people on the board so he does get more slack than someone who doesn't or someone who rarely posts good comments. Please understand, too, that I get to see oodles of emails flying around so have information that many others don't.

I am really for more talk about pre war baseball cards and card collecting with my friends....which I enjoy greatly.....take care

ps...edited to say that I did mention a few minutes ago, in a post above, that I will step in if it gets any worse or continues. I promise.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

For the record, I had no problem with Bruce e-mailing me, and I don't expect Leon to get involved. Like I told Bruce in my reply, I find him entertaining, in kind of a Jerry Springer way. I've busted his chops on the board, and if he feels more comfortable dealing with it via e-mail, I don't hold that against him. That being said, he wasn't vulgar in his e-mail to me, so maybe I'm in the minority on this one.

Judging by what others have posted, it seems he can go over the top in his e-mails (not to mention his posts that wish death upon someone.) But is that really surprising? I mean, come on, consider the source.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean C

I do consider the source, Rob. That's why I find it so disturbing that he is allowed to continue.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

I dont know, maybe a redhead?

Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

I thought that Bruce was put on final warning of some kind to get banned if he did this again. He sent Lee Behrens the most vile email about economic status, along with a few others, and it seems like he was put on notice that he would get banned.

The thinking was that people here are required to include their email addresses as a condition for participating in certain threads. Since disclosure of contact info is a requirement to be here, then there had to be some strong safeguards against other members that would take advantage of that requirement by sending inappropriate emails.

It has been fashionable here lately to suggest that we give Bruce a break because he has been posting decent threads or whatever. I've been silently thinking that I would give him a break the day I hear he has apologized to Lee Behrens for the email. Guess I now have to add Dan and David to that list.

Joann Kline
contact info withheld so I don't have to deal with imbecilic emails

Old 10-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Administrator

As I said above....others started the issues this time..No one will be banned for defending themselves. For a long time it has also been said that if you want to argue then take it off of the board. So, we can't have it both ways. I strongly discourage hateful emails as they do no one any good.

How about everyone that is bitching in this thread...and I mean everyone...post a good thread......(yeah, that's what I thought)

Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Leon,

Trust me, I appreciate the position you are in and I have immense respect for you. I am just completely disgusted by manhy of the comments made by Bruce. This is certainly not anything new. The assinine comments he made to me in the other thread were one thing, I'm certainly adult enough to pass them off as the remarks of someone who has some significant issues and esteem problems. To read, however, these profanity laden comments that have been written, and to see someone who I greatly admire on this board (Dan B.) get so aggrevated by the same, just puts me over the top.

Let me put it another way, would you let your kid read this public board?

I certainly would not.

Greg

edited to add that this was written the same time Leon was writing his thread. Sorry Leon.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

His email to me was unsolicited and I had thought he was warned about doing that in the past. Peter Chou may have been a bit annoying, but at least he wasn't a sociopath, and he stayed out of my inbox.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Given what you now know, and the fact that much of Bruce's anger was in retaliation....what would you do if you were me? Ban Bruce for defending himself? The board is probably PG-17 rated....It should be G rated....what can I say?...

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Paradis

Wow! I don't post here often, yet read N54 almost everyday.

I thought this post would be fun. Yesterday I sat here laughing with my wife at her desk
wondering what I was reading.

Today I'm embarrassed by what this thread has turned into. It's certainly not funny any more (actually it
has become a little scary).

However, it certainly is interesting!! There are some strange people collecting baseball memorabilia.

Leon: This is the first time I've ever asked this, but it seems time to lock this post?? I haven't seen a recent
response relating to the subject.

Dan