NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
James Gallo

Default Some Help from the Minor League Card Masters

I am looking for cards for players on the following teams

1908 Greenville Spinners Carolina Association
1909 Savannah Indians South Atlantic League
1910 New Orleans Pelicans Southern Association.

I used baseballreference.com and compared their rosters with the players in the T209, T210 and T211 sets. Are there any other sets I can check out and how accurate is baseballreference.com as far as rosters. I noticed there were some players that had cards but were not listed on the roster.

This is the list I came up with

T209 Greenville
McFarlin
Stouch

T210 Series 1 Savannah
Howard
Murch
Perlkey
Petit
Schultz

T210 Series 5 Greenville
McFarlin
Trammell-Anyone know if this is Trammell Scott who played with Greenville in 1907 and 1908 and that was it.

T210 Series 8 New Orleans
Breitenstein
Brooks
E. DeMontreville, there seems to be two players with the same name, however it seems Lee was out of Baseball by 1905, yet there are 2 Demontrevilles in the T210 and T211 sets. Are they both the same player?
Lafitte
Lindsay
Manush
Maxwell
Paige

T211 Red Sun
Breitenstein
Brooks
E. DeMontreville
Lafitte
Lindsay
Manush
Paige
Rohe

Did I miss any cards for any of the players of the above teams. Also if anyone has any of the above cards for sale please let me know :-D

Thanks

James G
Old 02-02-2010, 12:42 PM

From your list, I assume you're looking for Joe Jackson's minor league teammates? Here is the T209-2 Greenville team:

Here's Brooks' T211 card:

I know I have some other cards on your list, I'll have to search for their scans.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:29 PM
JeR@Me

Default T211 New Orleans...

James - Add Robertson to your New Orleans list... My computer fried late last week, so I don't have many of the images at present. I do have most of them in some form or fashion... See scan - Paige is bottom left (no name on card)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T211Erlof-bayless-paige-smith.jpg (72.2 KB, 165 views)
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
JeR@Me

Default Additional Scans :

James - Here are some additional scans, I had in my email archives. (Most of these I don't own...) Several New Orleans Images and also a Savannah Grouping, that I believe belongs to Scott Gross.... FYI - PM me with your email address, and I can forward these scans so you can supersize them to review names...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T210-8's.jpg (75.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg T210-8.jpg (74.8 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg SavannahTeam.jpg (74.3 KB, 152 views)
Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 PM
James Gallo

Great images guys, thanks.

I know there are several players in the sets above that are on a given team, however they were not listed on the team roster for the given year. My thinking was that these players arrived likely after Jackson had already left. The players I listed were the only ones that both had cards and matched the roster.

I assume by the responses that I am not missing any other minor league issue that might of had these players and that the checklists in the standard catalog and in Lipsets books are accurate?

Thanks again.

James G
Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Frank Wakefield

At some point in time I came around to thinking that the DeMontreville cards in the red border Old Mill set are 2 different cards of the same player, Eugene "Gene" Napoleon DeMontreville. He played several years in the majors, and then a few more in the minors. He managed in the minors. He was a middle infielder. I may well be mistaken about the cards, but that is my recollection. I recall thinking that it must be a card for 2 different players, probably brothers... but I decided that it was 2 different depictions and captions for the same player.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 AM
martin

Here's a few.

Edited to say, I am no master
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stouch et al.jpg (46.8 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by martin neal; 02-03-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Jim R

Default T211 Breitenstein

BrietensteinFlood.jpg