NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-17-2023, 10:40 AM

I'm a pretty new member and I didn't join at all to buy, sell, or trade. I joined to share information, and learn from fellow collectors who are much more knowledgeable than I when it comes to pre war cards.

So my recommendation is: Do away with the BST section entirely.

OK, go ahead and blast my recommendation.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:44 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So, generally, there has been a tiny bit of leniency. If no one is out any money, and someone says they can't do the deal, for whatever reason, they usually aren't banned or suspended on a first issue. That said, if they don't do anything, no communication or follow up etc.... then yes, I don't think they should be here. Why should they be?
Thats why I don't understand how some members feel they have to protect these non-payers. They are just pushing the problem down the line, let the next guy worry about it. If we do nothing, we're just enabling them to do it to others.
Old 01-17-2023, 11:11 AM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Thats why I don't understand how some members feel they have to protect these non-payers. They are just pushing the problem down the line, let the next guy worry about it. If we do nothing, we're just enabling them to do it to others.
I agree. A man is only as good as his word and should honor a binding contract. I've only sold a few items on the site. I would probably let it go if someone within a reasonable time after saying that he wanted to buy my set-price listed card changed his mind. Yeah, I missed out on the sale, but the card remains listed.

However, not paying an auction is a different story. The seller then has to re-list the card and wait another week to sell it. This is a pain.

Last edited by Tyruscobb; 01-17-2023 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 02:04 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I'm a pretty new member and I didn't join at all to buy, sell, or trade. I joined to share information, and learn from fellow collectors who are much more knowledgeable than I when it comes to pre war cards.

So my recommendation is: Do away with the BST section entirely.

OK, go ahead and blast my recommendation.
Consider it blasted. The BST is the only fun place to buy cards anymore. I would like to see more trading, and maybe there is, just not for what I have. And selling couldn't be easier. If you like fees, shill bids, and fake cards being sold as real, you know where to find those elsewhere...

Cheers,
Geno
Old 01-19-2023, 01:50 AM
Mike

Hope it's ok to start calling these creeps out......

alexandrineoreilly067 sent a private message regarding a post I have in the memorabilia section FS. Message stated something along the lines of "his brother had that sitting on a shelf and that I could call some phone number to verify"

Not kidding, lol, oh yeah and of course it looks like it was sent via the Tapatalk app.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:37 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey View Post

alexandrineoreilly067 sent a private message regarding a post I have in the memorabilia section FS. Message stated something along the lines of "his brother had that sitting on a shelf and that I could call some phone number to verify"

Not kidding, lol, oh yeah and of course it looks like it was sent via the Tapatalk app.
Same here! Contacted Leon about him before seeing your post. Here's his eloquent message to me, but I assume it's computer generated as the subject title was a thread I started tonight and NOTHING made sense...

alexandrineoreilly067

New NFL Playoff OT Rules Discussion
My brother have that laying on is shelf you can contact him via 9193989269
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 01-19-2023 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:38 AM
FredYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey View Post

I also got the exact same message this AM from same name/ID

Have no idea what the purpose is!
Old 01-19-2023, 04:58 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
I also got the exact same message this AM from same name/ID

Have no idea what the purpose is!
What a coincidence! This guy’s brother has my item on his shelf too… must one big-arse shelf!

(I got the same message this morning tied to the title of my own recent BST posting last month)
Old 01-19-2023, 05:35 AM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default Cepeda Item wanted (have on shelf)

Maybe this guy just has a really big shelf?
Jeff W
Old 01-19-2023, 06:29 AM

I got the same message. I'd love to see a photo of this guy's massive shelf!
Old 01-19-2023, 06:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This scammer was PM'ing in the middle of the night. I was asleep. He's gone now. I had 6 pm's and 1 email about him. I appreciate everyone letting me know.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:53 AM
Mike

Found the shelf!!!! Appears it's his "big brother".......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shelf.jpg (72.6 KB, 261 views)
Old 01-19-2023, 09:10 AM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default Cepeda Program

Maybe the program of Cepeda in his last game is in there somewhere. I hope he can find it! These scammers are ridiculous. I understand it is bulk emails but for a $25 item? Jeff W
Old 01-19-2023, 12:45 PM
Doug

Got the exact same message today , beware !!

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2023, 07:49 PM
Bradley Holt

Default Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhoff122 View Post
Another member mentioned Jack Corrigan as a suspicious actor further up on this thread. Well, Jack Corrigan responded to my post (WTB: 1985 Topps Tiffany set) a few days ago via email (not PM) simply with "How much are you willing to spend?" Interesting way to engage a potential buyer, I thought. I responded and we arrived at a price, which, not coincidentally, was the I said I'd be willing to pay. He probably would've agreed to any price I said. We went back and forth for a couple of days and the exchange got sketchier and sketchier. When I asked him for his Net54 ID he couldn't provide it b/c he "wasn't able to log in at that time." He sent me Venmo information with a different email address. I suggested we use PayPal Goods and Services (and he agreed, oddly enough) but when he sent me his PayPal address it was yet a third different email address. Anyway, keep an eye out for this guy.

Also, re: PayPal G&S, are you fully protected through that if you don't receive what you paid for? The fact that he was willing to go that route, had me wondering.
Jack Corrigan just contact me via email with scans of a 52T Robinson asking me "how much are you willing to pay?". told him to PM on this site (still no reply). did a quick search on google and this thread popped up. Just another scammer...