NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Scammer on our BST

So there is most probably a scammer on our BST. His user id, just now banned, is Collector. He posted he wanted to buy (he said PM sent) the T206 Green Cobby currently on the BST. That card is being sold by a gentleman who has been on the board only a couple of days. He and I got to know each other as when I saw what he was selling, and how long he had been on the board, I picked up the phone and called. He picked up the phone, we chatted and all is good. That was earlier today. I get an email a little while ago from him asking about another member that has been here for 7 mos but has 0 (now has 1) posts. He bought the card and paid with PP. I checked into it and it is not the person's name who registered and they have a bad phone number. I believe the guy is a total scammer based on what I am seeing....The ship to is a UPS store in CO.. The guy he is sending it to has a recent (2 yrs ago) conviction of ID theft/making credit cards...the plot thickens. But admittedly I can't be 100% sure it is a scam. I am sure there is a fake registration on file. That I am sure of.
This is a cautionary tale of buyer beware on the BST. It is safe only if we use our heads. More to come on this situation but if you are doing a deal with our banned member, Collector, don't do it. I know the scammers real name but don't want to put it out here yet. There is also a chance this thread goes poof....so that is a heads up for this thread. There is a little more to this story I can't divulge right now.....thanks

Last edited by Leon; 12-23-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

Interdaresting!
Thanks for all you do
Old 12-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Bruce Fairchild

Thanks Leon
Old 12-23-2016, 07:23 PM

Thank you sir!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Sounds interesting.. the scammer is a buyer, who paid for a high end card... hmmm hope he didnt use my paypal account . Thanks leon
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Sounds interesting.. the scammer is a buyer, who paid for a high end card... hmmm hope he didnt use my paypal account . Thanks leon
I imagine he was going to file a paypal dispute with the aim of getting the card for free.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 12-23-2016, 08:42 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

On a less serious side note, I was blown away that "collector" was still available as a moniker.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
On a less serious side note, I was blown away that "collector" was still available as a moniker.
Same here haha great sleuth work Leon !

Ps I also thought the plot was pretty darn thick .

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 12-23-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:52 AM
Brian Taylor

Nice to be part of a group where the admin (as well as other members) is looking out for questionable activity. Thanks!