NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-01-2022, 01:17 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Sending High value cards to PSA Insurance?

Hey All:

I am not one for submitting to PSA often.

Curious how one goes about sending a high value card, say for example a 52T Mantle one would expect a grade of 7 or so.

Sending in via USPS you can't get insurance high enough. According to the USPS website the highest insurance is for $50K via registered mail.

So how does one go about send high value cards to PSA and be insured?

Is Fed Ex or another commercial carrier better? Are their private secure transportation companies that will allow for higher insurance?

Anyone have experience with this? Appreciate any input

Last edited by whiteymet; 12-01-2022 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

UPS has a subsidiary, or did, that goes up to 200K. But I would guess there are companies that for a fee will go much higher, people ship art, right?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:28 PM
J@mes In.gram

I believe jewelry stores and such use private courier services. I don't know the ins and outs of that. But my attorney brother in law used to own that sort of service in the Chicagoland area that he inherited from his father. I could ask if you so desire.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 12-01-2022, 02:53 PM
Robert J. Miller

Personally, I would fly out and hand deliver it and pick it back up in person.
Bob
Old 12-01-2022, 03:25 PM
Scott Russell

if you have a card of that value you should have your own insurance which can cover mailing.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 12-01-2022, 03:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
if you have a card of that value you should have your own insurance which can cover mailing.
Such a policy with that kind of mailing limit for a single item would be pretty pricey, no?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-01-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:59 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Do not use fedex or ups!!

They will take your $$, but only offer $1K limit on "collectibles" which is only in their fine print. Private insurance is worth looking into - CIS. Private courier sounds interesting, but I have nothing to add to that conversation. Hand delivery and pickup also an option. You are going to be paying a chunk of change to grade, what's a roundtrip airline ticket on top of it?

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:04 PM

Registered Mail and sleep tight....It will get there
Old 12-01-2022, 05:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

There's also the issue of return shipping. Does PSA have a declared value limit?

Old 12-01-2022, 06:40 PM
Mike

I would go Registered Mail also. But how is it returned to you ??
Old 12-01-2022, 06:57 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

PWE, the only way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:54 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Flight, hotel for a night or two.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:08 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
Personally, I would fly out and hand deliver it and pick it back up in person.
Bob
Bob: I was told on another post that PSA does not allow "drop off" submissions. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

Here is what Swarmee said:

Officially, they don't offer drop-off unless you're taking it to a card show like The National where they are bringing their slabbing machines. However, they did post on Twitter when they let Phil Hughes bring his cards in, but he's a player and internet celebrity, so it's not for the common folk.

And Raulus said:

I think they let Mike Trout drop off his cards too.

I am up for a flight and hotel for a few days if PSA will allow me delivery and pick up personally.

Old 12-01-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
PWE, the only way to go.
Agree, PWE with an extra stamp.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:17 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Bob: I was told on another post that PSA does not allow "drop off" submissions. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

Here is what Swarmee said:

Officially, they don't offer drop-off unless you're taking it to a card show like The National where they are bringing their slabbing machines. However, they did post on Twitter when they let Phil Hughes bring his cards in, but he's a player and internet celebrity, so it's not for the common folk.

And Raulus said:

I think they let Mike Trout drop off his cards too.

I am up for a flight and hotel for a few days if PSA will allow me delivery and pick up personally.

I could be wrong, but I think being Trout has privileges that us mere mortals might not enjoy.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel