NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-11-2014, 07:12 AM
H Murphy

Default Thank You All Vets.........

To all vets, both past and present, thank you for your service, dedication and sacrifices that allow the rest of us to live the lives we do. Again thank you to America`s finest !
Old 11-11-2014, 07:41 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
To all vets, both past and present, thank you for your service, dedication and sacrifices that allow the rest of us to live the lives we do. Again thank you to America`s finest !
Amen!
Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I will second this motion. Semper Fi!!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Zach

Happy Veteran's Day to all that served.

MM2(SS) Smith
USS Wyoming SSBN-742 (99-04)
USS Philadelphia SSN-690 (05-06)
USS Emory S. Land AS-39 (06-07)

Old 11-11-2014, 09:07 AM

I've Always been Humbled by those who "Dared to take that Oath!", And then Give & Live their Lives so that this Grand Nation of Ours could Live Free...

From What I've Truly Seen of this World...
America iS the Best Damn Place to be,
Because of those who Simply laid down their Lives...

"You Have My Admiration!"
Old 11-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Barry Arnold

Default all vets

yes,indeed, thank you for your service.

best,
barry
Old 11-11-2014, 10:08 AM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
Thanks guys. USAF.
And I echo these sentiments to all! My little brother is still always in harms way and many of us take too many things for granted with our Freedoms!
Old 11-11-2014, 10:11 AM

Thank you, vets.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Jeremy W.

Quote:
Well said!
Old 11-11-2014, 02:47 PM
pariah1107

Thank you veterans!

Please help a family find resolution and bring San D. Francisco home (MIA)... http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/membe...b676a434e.html

Last edited by pariah1107; 11-11-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Thanks to all the Vets....1776 - 2014

"Straighten out that tie Airman"

That's me....USAF Radar Tech School, Illinois....circa 1961

TED Z
Old 11-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Elvis?

Damn Ted,

for a second, I thought that was Elvis or maybe even Johnny Cash!!!

From one vet to another, thank you for your service and thanks to everyone that has lent their words of appreciation on here.

peace, mike
Old 11-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Thanks fir your service
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Happy belated birthday Leon. Eric "Sideshow"Sharp SSGT, USMC
Old 11-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Default Remembering All Veterans Today

For your edification/enjoyment, the Barney Ross story:

Per Wikipedia:
Barney Ross (born Dov-Ber "Beryl" David Rosofsky; December 23, 1909 – January 17, 1967) was an American professional boxer. Ross became a world champion in three weight divisions and was a decorated veteran of World War II.
He was sent to Guadalcanal in the South Pacific. One night, he and three other comrades were trapped under enemy fire. All four were wounded; Ross was the only one able to fight. Ross gathered his comrades' rifles and grenades and single-handedly fought nearly two dozen Japanese soldiers over an entire night, killing them all by morning. Two of the Marines died, but he carried the third on his shoulders to safety; the other man weighed 230 lb (104 kg) compared to Ross' 140 lb (64 kg). Ross was awarded America's third highest military honor, the Silver Star, as well as a Presidential Citation. As one of America's greatest "celebrity" war heroes, he was honored by President Roosevelt in a Rose Garden ceremony.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-11-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Joe S
J.oe Squi.res

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachS View Post
Happy Veteran's Day to all that served.

MM2(SS) Smith
USS Wyoming SSBN-742 (99-04)
USS Philadelphia SSN-690 (05-06)
USS Emory S. Land AS-39 (06-07)

No kidding! Small world

MM3 (SS ) , USS Georgia, SSBN. 92-95
Did you go to NNPS in Orlando, or was it shut down by then?

Funny to find another nuke bubble head on here.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:43 AM
Bill Gregory

Default God Bless our troops!!!!

The men and women that defend this great nation of ours are heroes. Every single one of them. And whenever I see one of them in their uniforms, or I overhear somebody talking, and they mention they are in the service, I go to them, and ask them for the honor of shaking their hand. It is such a simple gesture, but I think they appreciate it. Having known many vets myself, I continue to be amazed by their sacrifices, and the sacrifices of their families. So, today, let's not forget the families that love these soldiers. They, too, help to make this country safe with their unwavering support.

While I think it's great that we devote a day to recognize them, I think we can do so much more. We spend billions every year on tanks, missiles, combat jets, attack helicopters, machine guns, grenades, bombs, etc. And I think that our soldiers deserve the very best. Whatever we can do to make their jobs safer, we need to do.

But what about when these incredible men and women come home?

We OWE it to these greatest Americans to make sure that when they return home, that they will never have to sleep under a bridge, or in a cardboard box. I don't think that insuring veterans always have a roof over their head, and food to eat, is asking too much. If we stopped playing big brother to the world, we would have the funds necessary to take care of our own. These people risk their very lives. They come home far too often missing arms or legs, or both. And even more often, they come home bearing scars we cannot see.

We have to do better by them.

If I were President, on my Inauguration Day, immediately after being sworn into office, I would call a special session of Congress, and I would tell the members of the House and Senate that nobody is leaving until we have a rough outline, and bipartisan support, on legislation that will insure our veterans never go without the basic necessities. We can make a few less missiles and bombs, and make sure that our soldiers are cared for.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
No kidding! Small world

MM3 (SS ) , USS Georgia, SSBN. 92-95
Did you go to NNPS in Orlando, or was it shut down by then?

Funny to find another nuke bubble head on here.
I was A-gang (conventional MM). I do know that Orlando was shut down by then though. All the nucs went to Goose Creek, SC... and there was a prototype in NY I think?