NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-25-2010, 11:24 AM

Default scammers

Leon. Thanks buddy. You can count on it. Just talked to another person they screwed for 1200. He was ready to send them another 400 when he saw my ad on CL. I have saved about 4,000 to date from going into their hands. Unfortunately it was after some people were already scammed but saved them from sending more money. The ones I love the most are the ones who were ready to do the deal but saw my post. Thats why I said earlier that if you want to hurt these guys post a warning on Craigslist. If ive saved this many people I could just think how many we all could save. And also keeping funds out of their hands.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Flatman

Flatman- I would still like to know more about the sheriff's involvement with the Fedex'ing of the 21k that George eventually stopped, recently. There must be some law enforcement that is knowing what is going on AND is already involved. The gentleman I work with said he would make a call for us but I backed off when George told me about that situation of his. I have rarely seen a guy as fired up at getting someone than ole George was about these guys. The problem I have, is that they keep doing it and keep telling everyone to get them if you can. That can't be a good long term strategy. What comes 'round goes 'round.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 PM

Default Edwin is a meth-head

http://www.fresnosheriff.org/wordpress/?p=411
Edwin Arroyo
He's based in Cali and uses a magicjack phone connection to make it look like he's in whatever state he wishes. The money is always sent to CA.

Raymud Rodriguez is in the San Diego area. He's a whopping 4"9" tall and weighs about 95 lbs. Little man syndrome.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default worstnightmare

Worstnightmare- nice first post. I had a picture in my head of Edwin and that pretty much was what it was. At least he is where he should be right now. Lets hope he stays there for a long while. best regards
Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 PM

Default Scammers

Hi Leon. Maybe we can set up a phone call in the next few days or during the weekend. I have much more info now and trust me Leon, Time is running out on these guys! As far as I know George got back his money and its over with. So anything you want to do will not affect him. I will be relentless in following these guys. Im retired and have nothing better to do. Especially during these cold winter months. Plus being a retired police officer I have the right contacts. Unfortunately these things take time. Investigations are a little more complicated than the public would think. Things dont happen overnight. Well maybe in the movies they do. But believe me. This case is now active and things will be happening in the very near future. Its too bad that during this time they are still able to rip people off. We will put a seizure order on their property once they are arrested. But I can tell you from working in the Crimes Divison for 17 years that these dirtbags generally dont have anywhere near the cash in assets that they've bilked people for. But this being an internet crime it will fall into federal Jurisdiction. These guys dont like to get involved at this point. They like for us to do the leg work and they take the credit. Doesnt bother me. As long as these guys are stopped and do time I will be happy. Talk to you soon Leon
Old 01-25-2010, 09:24 PM

Default Scammers

Worstnightmare. Welcome. Your info is pretty much correct. I think Raymud is a few inches taller than that actually. If you were burned by these people or had contact with them please email me. Id like to accumulate all the info I can on these guys and also know of as many victims as possible. Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. It's not like the FBI is involved or a federal grand jury is investigating this, right?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. It's not like the FBI is involved or a federal grand jury is investigating this, right?
Yes and no. I have contacted the FBI but my contact is not in the area they are doing this in. He also said that most likely, even if they scam more people up to the 6 figure range, it probably wouldn't make the queue for their involvement. Of course nothing is in cement and they can do what they want to. But initially this doesn't rise to the level to warrant their involvement. This is from the horse's mouth Now, on a local level...I think we could have something going.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:51 PM

Default Scammers

Hi Leon. I wouldn't be so sure about the FBI not taking interest in this. Im not at liberty to state all I know. But you are right as far as the local police. Anyone scammed or almost scanned by these guys should call the San Diego police department. The number is (619) 531- 2000. See if they will let you talk to Detective Barrett. Even before you call the FBI you should file locally. The above number is the number for the precinct they are working out of. They are already aware and actively investigating this matter. EDWIN ARROYO at the moment is making like he lives in Connecticut. Like I mentioned earlier he is using a magic jack phone which enables him to have an area code from anywhere he chooses. But make no mistake. EDWIN ARROYO lives in San Diego. Or at least works out of there. He lives 3 miles from the Mexican boarder so im sure he bangs back and forth between the 2. One of the people investigating these guys called me today and asked if I had an address from Mexico on EDWIN ARROYO. I told him I didnt and he told me he found one of his addresses to be in Mexico. RAYMUD RODRIGUEZ is still actively involved in this scam posing as EDWIN ARROYO'S cousin who's protecting him from all the internet sharks who are trying to pry poor little Edwins card collection which he inherited from his dad who passed away 6 months ago. EDWIN is now acting mentally challenged and needs RAYMUD RODRIGUEZ to look after him. Of course thats a lie. I havent heard anything new from BRIAN HOGAN lately but ive been a little busy watching the other two scumbags. But trust me. I havent forgotten him and neither have the authorities.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:51 AM

I know he lives in southern san diego, near the affluent neighborhood of tijuana, mexico. I'm guessing he's living in his mommas 900 SF trailer with his 9 hermanos and hermanas, his grandmother and abusive alcoholic padre. Hey, a guy's gotta feed his family, right? Why not rip off all the rich americans? He's a hero in the Mexican community. But just wait till it all comes back around and bites him in his a$$
Old 02-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

Default Losts $1000 too to edwin arroyo and his sp** friends

Just how people have been talken how they make you think they have a real card and ALL FAKE. Just talked from a guy from New York and hopefully between us and others they will get busted. I want to punch him soo bad but too far from san diego
BE CAREFUL PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited racial slur in title of post..infraction given

Last edited by Leon; 02-01-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: edited racial slur in title of post..infraction given
Old 02-01-2010, 07:02 PM

Yikes.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Patrick N.

Default No need

to make it a racial thing, there are scammers of all stripes. There are plenty of white guys involved with baseball card scams...

Last edited by mintacular; 02-01-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Clayton

I am beyond confused by your post Monica-who got burned,for what?Some guy in New York who you talked to,or did you get burned?
What type of card/cards,where were they sold,etc.?
Am I the only one who finds all of this STRANGE???

Last edited by teetwoohsix; 02-01-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3flowers View Post
Just how people have been talken how they make you think they have a real card and ALL FAKE. Just talked from a guy from New York and hopefully between us and others they will get busted. I want to punch him soo bad but too far from san diego
BE CAREFUL PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This grammer looks all too familiar????

Lovely Day...
Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman View Post
This grammer looks all too familiar????

Lovely Day...
It's being checked into......preliminarily it looks ok....regards

Last edited by Leon; 02-01-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default phone number

Phone number and address check out ok.....answering machine, I just got, was from the person above.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 AM

Default found another forum where brian hogan is posting

http://for-sale.yakaz.com/1952-topps-mickey-mantle

Last edited by worstnightmare; 02-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Brian (Kevin) Hogan lives outside Charleston, and Summerville, SC . Do some digging, you'll find him. He's lived in Cali and up north, disabled in CA, moved to SC a couple of years ago. And he may or may not have a white car and mini van in the driveway of his 2 story house. I'm just sayin.... it's possible.

Last edited by worstnightmare; 02-04-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: too much info out in public