NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: What is your preferred National location as a SELLER?
Anaheim, CA 11 7.05%
Atlantic City, NJ 26 16.67%
Chicago, IL 48 30.77%
Cleveland, OH 20 12.82%
Las Vegas, NV 34 21.79%
Other 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

Default Poll: SELLERS preferred National Location

Lots of discussion about preferred National locations. Let's get some quick stats from a SELLERS (dealer) perspective. Even if you did not attend this year, where would your preferred venue be located? A separate poll was created for buyers. Curious to see if the results align.

Jeff
Old 08-02-2023, 02:17 PM
Robert J. Miller

I am not going to vote because I am not a seller yet. But again Atlantic City because of location to where I live. However, I would love to set up in a year or two when I retire and the closer the better.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:03 PM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

Bump. It would be good to get more commentary from SELLERS. Here's your chance to influence the selection committee.

Jeff

Last edited by teza11; 08-02-2023 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:27 AM

Default Trial Run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
I am not going to vote because I am not a seller yet. But again Atlantic City because of location to where I live. However, I would love to set up in a year or two when I retire and the closer the better.

.. You can practice at Valley Forge/Oaks shows ; they lately are approaching AC National in size.

Old 08-03-2023, 07:38 AM
Ma.tt Whi.te

There is absolutely no way actual vendors who set up at the national would vote for Vegas.

Just look at the locations of the dealers in the other thread.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:42 AM

When we drew our booth locations for the Cleveland National next year, a ballot was presented to dealers to vote on Chicago, Atlanta, or Atlantic City for the year 2026. Atlantic City offered all dealers a $1000. discount for every booth for the National in 2026. Even though that's hard to pass up, I think having a National in Nashville would be nice, but if someway we can get back to Baltimore, by the harbor, that would even be better.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsports View Post
When we drew our booth locations for the Cleveland National next year, a ballot was presented to dealers to vote on Chicago, Atlanta, or Atlantic City for the year 2026. Atlantic City offered all dealers a $1000. discount for every booth for the National in 2026. Even though that's hard to pass up, I think having a National in Nashville would be nice, but if someway we can get back to Baltimore, by the harbor, that would even be better.

Baltimore isn’t an option. It isn’t even half the size needed.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:01 AM
pete ullman

how come mpls isn't on the list????
Old 08-03-2023, 01:01 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I would love to see
I would love to see it in West Palm Beach which has got everything a National.l. The new convention is great and the a/c works great.
Old 08-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Drew W@i$e

Dealers would complain about Vegas, but in the end, money trumps all.
Old 08-04-2023, 07:01 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

The whiners are just going to have to get over their bad selves, because the show is growing beyond amateur hour and into a major industry trade show. It ought to be treated as such and not just as a cash cow for the promoters.

I've set up at the show as a subtenant in the past. My vote is Vegas, baby! I'd like somewhere professionally run, secure as hell, and easily accessible. The Sands Expo Center and the Las Vegas Convention Center each can provide over a million square feet of contiguous space. There are 20,000+ hotel rooms in walking distance in an area that is as safe at midnight as at noon, the airport is one of the world's busiest and largest, and there is interstate access literally to the front door of the venues. Oh, and did I mention all-night bars and world-class dining with everything from fast food to Michelin starred restaurants? Plus, lots of fun somewheres for the wife and kids to head off to while daddy is at the show.

If it costs more, hit up the corporate sponsors for the extra dough. Or add more of them since the floor space can handle it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-04-2023 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-05-2023, 08:16 AM
Mike Ryan

Well stated. "VIVA LAS VEGAS"
Old 08-05-2023, 09:28 AM
Paul
P@ul F0wler

Im sure most on here have never been to Anaheim, but having lived in SoCal my whole life, I can say that the area around the convention center in Anaheim is just beautiful and right across the street from Disneyland and many nice hotels. Streets lined with palm trees, beautiful weather, tons of restaurants, shops and 20 minutes from beautiful beaches. I dont see how any other venue/location could even compare.

AF15
Old 08-05-2023, 11:20 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardandCrackerjacks View Post
Im sure most on here have never been to Anaheim, but having lived in SoCal my whole life, I can say that the area around the convention center in Anaheim is just beautiful and right across the street from Disneyland and many nice hotels. Streets lined with palm trees, beautiful weather, tons of restaurants, shops and 20 minutes from beautiful beaches. I dont see how any other venue/location could even compare.
I agree it is a great venue to select. I've been to every National there starting in 1991, and I will be in booth 1456 over Labor Day weekend at the Burbank Sports Show's monster card show in Anaheim with a festival of bric-a-brac to choose from.

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-05-2023 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-05-2023, 01:38 PM

Quote:
The floor plan is far from ideal. I seem to recall an L shape? While the inside of the venue was clean and bright, I wasn't impressed with the layout. Keep in mind that my memory is now 17 years old. Maybe the space is adjustable and I'm simply unaware. I didn't think it looked to be, but was too busy back then to explore too much. One inner wall of the L shape was definitely not adjustable, as I do recall a lot of windows where we were set up.

A few small pockets of the state aside, I'm not a California lover and will avoid being there ever again, so the point is likely moot from my perspective.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 08-05-2023 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-08-2023, 09:34 AM

Personally, having done 39 Nationals, it doesn't really matter where the show is held: it's the National. Wherever it is, the collectors and dealers will come.

But I would grab the quick $1k from Atlantic City and if not, then Atlanta followed by Chicago. Chicago too many years in a row is boring.
Old 08-08-2023, 01:20 PM

No other venue/location could even compare? Oh, yeah? Oh, YEAH????

Well...

Quote:
Old 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I would love to see
I would love to see it in West Palm Beach which has got everything a National.l. The new convention is great and the a/c works great.
about half the required size.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-08-2023, 04:56 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I d/k if it has the convention center but if it does, I'd go to Miami because I have relatives there and could stay with them. Not having a hotel bill for the week would be nice.

Or not...
Old 08-10-2023, 12:20 PM
Tony Gordon

I’ll set up wherever it is located but if it moves out West, I will be limited to inventory that I can carry on the plane. I prefer east of the Mississippi where I can drive and bring my full inventory.
Old 08-10-2023, 05:40 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Gordon View Post
I’ll set up wherever it is located but if it moves out West, I will be limited to inventory that I can carry on the plane. I prefer east of the Mississippi where I can drive and bring my full inventory.
The reverse applies to every dealer in the west.

Or not...
Old 08-10-2023, 10:33 PM

Try it in Vegas 1 year and see what happens. This might not be a popular opinion but if some of the regular National dealers from the East coast don't want to set up that year that would be fine, maybe some fresh West Coast dealers that never set up before would be a good thing.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:47 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber63401 View Post
Try it in Vegas 1 year and see what happens. This might not be a popular opinion but if some of the regular National dealers from the East coast don't want to set up that year that would be fine, maybe some fresh West Coast dealers that never set up before would be a good thing.
Exactly.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:30 AM
Glyn Parson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
.. You can practice at Valley Forge/Oaks shows ; they lately are approaching AC National in size.

Not close. It’s bigger for a regional show but ac was way bigger.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:45 AM
Bob Donaldson

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber63401 View Post
I agree and I'm in Boston!
Old 08-11-2023, 12:44 PM

Coming from MA I’d second Vegas over Chicago, if east coast guys are flying half way across the country Vegas has more appeal than Chicago. Also hotels and food would be cheaper.

I feel many attendees and dealers are ready for a new location or two. I’d propose something like the below to move the show around.

Chicago
Atlantic City
Cleveland
Las Vegas
New site (Charlotte, Nashville, Orlando, Atlanta for Southeast options) or Dallas, Louisville, Cincinnati)
repeat back to Chicago
Old 08-11-2023, 04:27 PM
rgpete

Charlotte NC
Old 08-13-2023, 02:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I would vote to have it in Rosemont every year. Or Dallas every year LOL...

Last edited by Leon; 09-19-2023 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:11 AM

Article in the Wall Street Journal listed Top 10 convention centers. Chicago was #2 and Cleveland and Atlantic City were not on the list. Las Vegas listed twice and also Orlando, Atlanta, and Dallas among others.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:13 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkuhl View Post
Article in the Wall Street Journal listed Top 10 convention centers. Chicago was #2 and Cleveland and Atlantic City were not on the list. Las Vegas listed twice and also Orlando, Atlanta, and Dallas among others.
What was #1?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 09-18-2023, 10:39 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
What was #1?

Or not...
Old 09-18-2023, 01:49 PM
Jeff H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I don’t think this will work. No elevator!😉
Old 09-19-2023, 09:07 AM

Las Vegas was #1 and also 6
Old 09-19-2023, 05:39 PM

So based upon the poll, 70% of the dealers want to go somewhere else.

I tried to go to the recent Anaheim show and turned back because of the traffic jam, poor parking conditions and crowds from concurrent shows. After two hours I was still in my car driving around looking for parking. Maybe Anaheim in February is a better bet if they are not competing with other major shows.

But I'm sort of resigned to not attending any more Nationals.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:14 AM
Ken McMillan

Orlando would be awesome