NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default B-L Auctions Preview!

Posted By: Josh Krause

Leon/Scott, amazing selection of cards.
Had to go through the "backdoor" to see them, sorry!
Good luck!

http://www.b-lauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=5225

Just go from there...

Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Denny Walsh

Greetings,
Out of my Ignorance (& Not wanting to start a new thread), Can anyone explain to me why this card(Mathewson's Alleghany card) is marked "Hand Cut" by PSA? I thought these came from a regular playing card set, Maybe not!?

http://tinyurl.com/49uj83

Thanks in advance.........

Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh

Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

All the cards are handcut. All the cards in the hobby come from a single set which many believe was a prototype, test issue or something on that order.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Denny Walsh

Thanks David. Learn somthing new everyday around here!
Ofcourse, Its all my pleasure

Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh

Old 09-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Brockelman and Luckey Auction #2 is now open for preview. The auction will open for bidding on Monday, Sept. the 29th. We reserve the right to change anything before that. There might be a few small description changes but for the most part it is good to go. Don't forget to look at some really nice late entries of Old Judges and other things at the back of the auction too. Thanks to all of our consignors and bidders....enjoy. ...best regards

http://www.b-lauctions.com/

Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

Very nice selections. Something for everyone.

(Now I just have to find out how I can get unblocked)

Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Craig W

Scott & Leon,

Great looking auction with many diverse offerings. The most unusual has to be the L1 Leather. I don't think I've ever seen (or heard of) one before!

Best regards and hope it goes well
Craig

Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Leon or Scott

Any lot that has a reserve, is that already showing or would it not show until the last day?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator

No one but no one is blocked. I just looked at your registration and you are good to go. I also sent you an email with a new password just now.

To anyone else- if you have registered you should be able to bid. If you need a password reset you can either do it yourself or let me know and I can send you another one. Once again, everyone that has ever registered is able to bid right now, once the auction is opened...

Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Good question. The last auction was our first and we learned a lot. This time we will either start the lot at the reserve (most will be that way) or the reserve will be shown on opening day......I spoke with several folks about how they would like to see it and most would prefer the opening bid be the reserve, if there is one. I know I had a hard time thinking about the Big Eaters.....which is probably the largest single lot group I have ever seen for sale. It's no secret they came from the lot I bought not too long ago. I decided to open them at their reserves instead of having a real reserve. Each of them has an opening bid at less than I paid for them but if they don't get bids I won't take a big loss......As a newer auction company we are trying to protect all consignors somewhat, while keeping the integrity of the true auction format. I hope folks understand both sides of that equation....Thanks for asking....

Old 09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

Wow. this really is an amazing auction!

Looking forward to it.

Rob

Old 09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

Every time I see one of those Big Eater cards it just tears me apart that my grandfather, who grew up in Sacramento, collected baseball cards, and was 11 the year they were released, was never able to find his collection. I spent so many hours tearing apart his attic and basement when I was kid.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

Wow!!
congratulations on a top drawer second auction.

best,
barry

Old 09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

For anyone not a registered bidder(they received emails this morning) the Fall 2008 Auction is now open for bidding. Please check out the auction and register if you have not already done so. http://www.b-lauction.com/

Scott