NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 02-12-2024, 08:59 AM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Default eBay ESUS tracking issues?

Am I the only one to have issues getting cards from sellers that use eBay's cheaper shipping option? Tracking numbers that begin with ESUS?

I currently have four cards (all under $5 each) enroute that were shipped over a month ago. Various stages of shipping progress - various locations around the country.

Haven't seen this before. Just find it odd that I have four cards all floating around at the same time.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:19 PM
J0hn Collin$

It was pretty crappy over the holidays, but all my stuff showed up eventually. The eBay envelopes are just the lowest class of package that can even get tracking. It's a PWE with a number on it. Not exactly the highest priority for the USPS.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
It was pretty crappy over the holidays, but all my stuff showed up eventually. The eBay envelopes are just the lowest class of package that can even get tracking. It's a PWE with a number on it. Not exactly the highest priority for the USPS.
This is my experience too. Hope your cards show up soon.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:38 PM

I’ve noticed tracking says delivered on one day but shows a day or two later
Old 02-13-2024, 08:25 AM
Bill Cauley

I've been lucky in that I haven't had any issues in receiving anything so far, though I don't buy much anymore.

I've had cards delivered to me, I leave feedback within the hour, and ebay doesn't show them as delivered until a few days after that.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberson View Post
I'm a seller that gets all orders out immediately. I've been having a lot of inquiries from customers that tracking shows order as delivered when they haven't been. Have had about a dozen or so like this. Haven't had the USPS lose one on me yet. They always show up soon afterward.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:55 PM
Robert J. Miller

My shipments seem to be slow also. Sometimes they show out for delivery after they have been delivered.
Bob
Old 02-13-2024, 02:59 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberson View Post
I've seen that several times too. These four cards aren't showing that. One was scanned once - a month ago. One was scanned at a nearby post office - 3 weeks ago. One had two 'in transit' scans over a month ago. The fourth card was returned to the seller for some reason. He said he'll try again. That card moved around for five weeks the first time.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:45 PM
Marc

I've had two of these disappear since Dec. The only ebay items I've ever had not delivered in 20 years. They were relatively low value, so I haven't tried to follow-up at the post office, but I've heard that they aren't scanned by carriers. Just machines as they are being sorted.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:53 PM
J0hn Collin$

To me, the USPS is like Beckett Grading Services. It may not be the best. It may not be the flashiest. But it's consistent, and 9 times out of 10 you know what you are going to get.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:25 PM

I've had the same experience with "shows delivered but shows up the next day" plenty of times. I heard somewhere they basically track the "bundle" of mail it's in, not the individual item, so it's not super accurate.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:49 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
I've had the same experience with "shows delivered but shows up the next day" plenty of times. I heard somewhere they basically track the "bundle" of mail it's in, not the individual item, so it's not super accurate.
They also don't track them past hubs. So if it gets to the hub, sometimes it's marked "delivered" when in reality it needs to go to a local PO the next day, and then be put out for delivery.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:31 PM
Marc

It is also common for me to have them marked as delivered and then show up a few days later. Both of my issues were marked as delivered, but they never arrived, so something happened at the end of the line. Because USPS and ebay see the tracking as delivered, there is really nothing I can do. And it isn't the seller's fault.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:59 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
It is also common for me to have them marked as delivered and then show up a few days later. Both of my issues were marked as delivered, but they never arrived, so something happened at the end of the line. Because USPS and ebay see the tracking as delivered, there is really nothing I can do. And it isn't the seller's fault.
No, but if you are buying on eBay and don't get what you paid for, you are covered. I try not to offend sellers when I know it's not their fault, but you can bet I'll be filing a claim on something if I really don't get it. I don't care if it's a $5 card. That's the supposed benefit of a platform like eBay. Many times they will investigate and refund you without docking the seller if they can tell what happened.

Last edited by jchcollins; 02-13-2024 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Curt

Some take a long time, a few have been "lost". I am not as much a fan of the process as i was when it first went live, mainly because the USPS doesn't seem to recognize the tracking. I am not sure how updates even happen if the USPS isn't scanning/updating.

I will definitely only use this method for easily replacable cards. if the card or item is unique (but cheap), I will pay the extra couple of bucks to help ensure it doesn't disappear with a "sorry, it's lost, what do you want us to do about it?"