NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Default Insure your collection

Posted By: Matt R

I mentioned that I had a specialty insurance policy for my sports collection on another post. I got an email from another board member asking for information on this company and I thought there might be some others in need of this service. Their name is Collectibles Insurance Services, LLC. Their phone # is 410-876-8833 and email info@insurecollectibles.com. My homeowners policy won't cover my cards so this extra policy gives me a lot of piece of mind. My rate is $66.00 per year for $12,000 in coverage. The only cards that you have to provide an itemized list for is any card worth $5,000 or more. It's an expensive way to prevent possible grief.

By the way, I do not work for this company and am not trying to sound like an advertiser.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

There has been a link on the Net54 links section for years with this company there....regards

http://www.collectinsure.com/index.html

Old 04-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hennessey

Thanks Matt for getting back with me on the insurance question. I guess i need to explore the whole web site, Thanks Leon, didn't know that information was posted some where on the site, Dale

Old 04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator

No problem. My $66 policy has made me feel a lot more secure.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rawn Hill

Is there an address with that?

Old 04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trae R.

http://www.slantycouch.com/articles/05_insurance.htm

---
"There ain't much to being a ballplayer, if you're a ballplayer."
-Honus Wagner

Old 04-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

It sounds like a good plan, and it is really nice to see an insurance company specializing in collectibles. But one question: has anyone actually filed a claim for a substantial amount? If so, how easy or difficult was it? Accepting money for a policy is one thing, paying it off in an honest fashion is another.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Koyama

My homeowners only covered $1000 of my baseball card collection that was stolen (only had about $10k worth of cards, not nearly the amount like most of you on these boards). They didn't have a cap on the amount for my comic book collection that was also stolen at the same time. It's taken them over two months to go over the fair market value to replace my comics. I had a bunch of Golden and Silver age comics worth about $75k. Still no check yet, but they stated they didn't want to short change me on the value.

Brian

Old 04-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

CIA is good. Most homeowners policies also sell additional coverage for a marginally-higher premium.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

"Still no check yet, but they stated they didn't want to short change me on the value. "

hmmmm.....

Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

great company to work with, I even have them on my website

Jimmy

J&B Sports Auctions

Old 04-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

"Still no check yet, but they stated they didn't want to short change me on the value. "

LOL. Seems to be a variation of "the check is in the mail."

Old 04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Jeff, I hope they aren't out to screw this collector out of his money. I would rather think that they are thoroughly researching the value of his collection so he gets paid fairly. A small specialty insurance company would lose lots of customers fast if it came out that they won't pay up when a claim is filed.

Before I bought my policy, I talked with their representative who had a table at the National last year in Cleveland. He seemed honest and was able to provide answers to all of my questions. That made me feel like they are a reputable company.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andrew

The peace of mind is worth it. Most of us drop that premium on Ebay without thinking twice. Less than two fewer trips to Starbucks per month.

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Old 04-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Yep Andrew, I consider my $66 premium for $12,000 in coverage to be a no brainer. I actually need to take an inventory because I think I need to add another $2K or $3K in coverage.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Koyama

I've already received an initial check for the electronics/computer items that were stolen and an updated list of the items being looked at by the third party. My insurance agent has been in constant contact wtih me and stated that the total dollar amount that they have evaluated has been over 50k as of this past Tuesday.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Brian, that's good to hear. Good luck.