NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-26-2022, 02:43 PM
BobC BobC is offline
Bob C.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Parma, Ohio
Posts: 2,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Or you could be gracious and just let it go...
Or the other party could man up and admit they may have been wrong........

I didn't start this, I was simply pointing out that there was an error made, and another poster got slighted. Tell me what is possibly wrong with doing that?

But then the response/defense from some on here, escalating what was a simple factual statement of fact, got in the way once again. And then when I do respond in my defense, I get chastised for daring to defend myself. Had the OP just said they missed the post with the right answer, or that maybe their question wasn't quite as clear as they thought, that would have been a super way to handle it. I never intended to make another post in this thread after that one. I had said my peace and had already let the subject go.........till others then started on me.

Now go look in a mirror and repeat to yourself exactly what you were saying to me in your quote above.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-26-2022, 02:55 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26,347
Default

You did it in an unncessarily contentious way, like it was a courtroom -- anticipating his response and then repudiating it, etc. Then you doubled down. You easily could have made the same point in a light non confrontational way. It's just a trivia question, if Ted didn't frame it well, so what, once we saw his answer we knew what he meant.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-26-2022 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-26-2022, 02:56 PM
BobC BobC is offline
Bob C.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Parma, Ohio
Posts: 2,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Geez, and I thought it was rough over on the autograph side. LOL
Sorry Mike, didn't intend to put you in the middle of something. LOL But I thought you should get credit for the right answer. And you'll notice all the naysayers have accused me of being harsh or ungracious, but none of them have said anything to actually show or prove I was wrong in what I said. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-26-2022, 03:04 PM
mr2686 mr2686 is offline
Mike Rich@rds0n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Sorry Mike, didn't intend to put you in the middle of something. LOL But I thought you should get credit for the right answer. And you'll notice all the naysayers have accused me of being harsh or ungracious, but none of them have said anything to actually show or prove I was wrong in what I said. Funny how that works, isn't it?
I'm just waiting for my 1st place prize...one week in Cleveland right? I hear 2nd prize is 2 weeks in Cleveland. LOL
__________________
Pride of the Yankees movie project - ongoing
Catfish Hunter Regular Season Win Tickets - 22/224 Post Season 0/9
1919 Black Sox - I'm calling it complete...maybe!
1955 Dodger Autographs...38/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-26-2022, 03:33 PM
G1911 G1911 is offline
Gr.eg McCl.@y
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,225
Default

Blocklists are great for people who flip out over trivia.

There will probably be some cool Maris/Judge combo cards next year if he hits 1 or more homers to commemorate the event.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aaron-Judge-Babe-Ruth.jpg (64.0 KB, 127 views)
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-26-2022, 04:01 PM
tedzan tedzan is offline
Ted Zanidakis
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania & Maine
Posts: 9,682
Default TRIVIA....When Aaron Judge hits his 61 HR's, 2 coincidences result. What are they ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
You did it in an unncessarily contentious way, like it was a courtroom -- anticipating his response and then repudiating it, etc. Then you doubled down. You easily could have made the same point in a light non confrontational way. It's just a trivia question, if Ted didn't frame it well, so what, once we saw his answer we knew what he meant.
Peter.....Why are you wasting your time with this jerk, (Bob C) ?

Mike Richardson (post #19) only alluded to 2 right-fielders....not 3, which was the answer I was looking for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He has HI-JACKED ! this thread with his persistent "broken-record bull-crap" ! !

He's the one who should apologize to all of us....as he mis-interpreted the 2nd part of this quiz.

A picture is worth "1000 words". And, I posted my THREE cards of of the BB players involved in this TRIVIA quiz. Perhaps, he is mathematically- challenged....and, only counts TWO.
Or, most likely he belongs to the "toxic -social-media" crowd, and thinks he can get away with his "toxicity" on Net54.

Hey man.....we are waiting for your APOLOGY.....or get the hell off my thread ! And NEVER again post your crap on any of my Net54 threads.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




----


TED Z

T206 Reference
.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-26-2022, 04:19 PM
mr2686 mr2686 is offline
Mike Rich@rds0n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Peter.....Why are you wasting your time with this jerk, (Bob C) ?

Mike Richardson (post #19) only alluded to 2 right-fielders....not 3, which was the answer I was looking for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He has HI-JACKED ! this thread with his persistent "broken-record bull-crap" ! !

He's the one who should apologize to all of us....as he mis-interpreted the 2nd part of this quiz.

A picture is worth "1000 words". And, I posted my THREE cards of of the BB players involved in this TRIVIA quiz. Perhaps, he is mathematically- challenged....and, only counts TWO.
Or, most likely he belongs to the "toxic -social-media" crowd, and thinks he can get away with his "toxicity" on Net54.

Hey man.....we are waiting for your APOLOGY.....or get the hell off my thread ! And NEVER again post your crap on any of my Net54 threads.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




----


TED Z

T206 Reference
.
Actually, your wording was When Aaron Judge hits his 61 HR's, 2 coincidences result. The answer of Judge and Maris hitting 61 and being right fielders is correct. Since Ruth didn't hit 61, why would you include him unless you meant that they all hit over 60 and played right field...which means it wouldn't matter if Judge hit 61 or not. No big deal really, just not worded in the way you wanted the answer.
__________________
Pride of the Yankees movie project - ongoing
Catfish Hunter Regular Season Win Tickets - 22/224 Post Season 0/9
1919 Black Sox - I'm calling it complete...maybe!
1955 Dodger Autographs...38/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-26-2022, 04:46 PM
BobC BobC is offline
Bob C.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Parma, Ohio
Posts: 2,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
You did it in an unncessarily contentious way, like it was a courtroom -- anticipating his response and then repudiating it, etc. Then you doubled down. You easily could have made the same point in a light non confrontational way. It's just a trivia question, if Ted didn't frame it well, so what, once we saw his answer we knew what he meant.
Exactly what I'd expect from you, along with comments about how you seem to know exactly what people did or didn't mean. And quit trying to put words in my mouth or telling me what I was or wasn't trying to do. I didn't double-down on anything or try to be contentious. I merely stated what looked to me to have been a previously given correct answer by someone, given what the OP finally said the answer was.

And did it ever occur to you that I pointed out my reasoning for why I believed the OP's question was flawed so that I at least tried to support my position and opinion? Had I simply said mr2686 already gave the correct answer, and nothing else, I would likely have been shot down and chastised by the likes of you or others anyway for daring to say something you may have thought of as stupid, and with no logic, reason, or evidence to support it. If there's one thing I've learned from this forum, it's to state your reasoning, logic, and evidence up front so you can't be put down for not having any. But I guess that doesn't work or help either because even when you do state up front why you believe something, people, like yourself maybe, will then just take and twist that and try to find another way to blame you and make it look to others like you'reyy the one who was wrong.

But wait, that's right, you know more accurately what I'm thinking and what I mean than I ever could. Thank God you told me I was trying to be mean and confrontational with someone else, I thought I was just being honest and factual. I am so glad you can discern from my printed words exactly what my thoughts and intentions were. (And yes, that is pure sarcasm directed at you for having the audacity to tell me that I somehow didn't know what I meant or was thinking, but you do. How dare you!)

And in the meantime, like I've seen and encountered from so many contrarians and naysayers on this site before, when you ask them a direct question for which they apparently have no supporting evidence or logic to answer you with, they invariably seem to ignore your question and don't respond or answer, probably out of fear it would prove them wrong, and then they'd have to admit it. I'm still waiting for someone to respond to my question about how the OP's question regarding Judge and Maris hitting 61 homers really has anything to do with Ruth since he never hit 61 in a season, and then why anyone would logically and automatically assume that since the first part answer to his question specifically excluded Ruth, why would anyone then knowingly assume Ruth was included in the second part of the answer.

A few posters did seem to agree with my logic, but no one has proffered any info or evidence to really refute me. Oh, Peter did point to the OP including a card of Ruth in his initial post as evidence of the intention to include Ruth in the answer, but we all have seen threads where posted cards/images don't have anything to do with the actual topic of the thread. And if the OP's intention was to include Ruth in the question after all, then why wasn't Ruth included in the answer in part one of the question.

I am sorry to anyone reading this and wondering why I'm carrying on, but if there's one thing about me you should know, I am not going to back down from anyone's bullsh@t and bullying. And if you're going to try to accuse and/or start something with me, I am most definitely going to try and finish it.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-26-2022, 04:55 PM
tedzan tedzan is offline
Ted Zanidakis
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania & Maine
Posts: 9,682
Default TRIVIA....When Aaron Judge hits his 61 HR's, 2 coincidences result. What are they ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcmac View Post
61 years after maris hit his?

Mike

In the title of this thread, I noted that this was a 2-part quiz.

The 1st part was quickly answered correctly by Mac W (see above Quote).

The correct answer to 2nd part was simply...."all three played in RF for the Yankees".

And, no one provided this answer.

Those very simply were the 2 coincidences.

And, you just said it..... "No big deal really". Perhaps, I should have stated the question more clearly.
But, what has resulted in this thread is a damn shame.

I've been posting on Net54 for 18 years, and have never seen such craziness....over something so simple.


TED Z

T206 Reference
.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-26-2022, 05:04 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26,347
Default

I'm commenting on how your post came across, not what your private intent was. Massive straw man. And I think most people would find this pretty confrontational:

"And before you even try to go and say it doesn't count because he didn't also include Ruth, remember it was you who originally asked about the coincidences if/when Judge should hit his 61st home run."
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-26-2022 at 05:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 09-26-2022, 05:18 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 8,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Mike

In the title of this thread, I noted that this was a 2-part quiz.

The 1st part was quickly answered correctly by Mac W (see above Quote).

The correct answer to 2nd part was simply...."all three played in RF for the Yankees".

And, no one provided this answer.

Those very simply were the 2 coincidences.

And, you just said it..... "No big deal really". Perhaps, I should have stated the question more clearly.
But, what has resulted in this thread is a damn shame.

I've been posting on Net54 for 18 years, and have never seen such craziness....over something so simple.



TED Z

T206 Reference
.
Then you have missed a lot of threads.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-26-2022, 05:50 PM
timn1 timn1 is offline
Tim Newcomb
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,010
Default Gotta go with Peter here

It's just an innocent trivia question, dude - not even Final Jeopardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I'm commenting on how your post came across, not what your private intent was. Massive straw man. And I think most people would find this pretty confrontational:

"And before you even try to go and say it doesn't count because he didn't also include Ruth, remember it was you who originally asked about the coincidences if/when Judge should hit his 61st home run."
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-26-2022, 07:49 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 568
Default

Is it that have 9s in the uniform numbers?

Also, why is a Babe Ruth card in the post?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-26-2022, 07:54 PM
G1911 G1911 is offline
Gr.eg McCl.@y
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abothebear View Post

Also, why is a Babe Ruth card in the post?
This is a sensitive subject.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-26-2022, 07:56 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26,347
Default

This is degenerating into farce.
__________________
My avatar is a sketch by my son who is an art school graduate. Some of his sketches and paintings are at
https://www.jamesspaethartwork.com/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-28-2022, 07:54 PM
FrankWakefield FrankWakefield is offline
Frank Wakefield
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Franklin KY
Posts: 2,398
Default

Congrats to Aaron Judge, and the Yankee fans out there.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:10 PM
Fred's Avatar
Fred Fred is offline
Fred
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,283
Default

If Judge hits it on October 1, then they both hit it on October 1 against the same team and exactly 61 years apart.

Edited to add, just caught up with the rest of the thread. I should have stopped reading after the fist page...

And now I just read Judge hit the HR today (Wednesday, 28SEP22) in another country. Sheesh... Apple pie, Chevrolet, eh hoser...
__________________
fr3d c0wl3s - always looking for OJs and other 19th century stuff. PM or email me if you have something
cool you're looking to find a new home for.

Last edited by Fred; 09-28-2022 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Ok, just caught up with the rest of the thread...
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:17 PM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is online now
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 10,774
Default

im glad he finally got that over with!!!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:23 PM
frankbmd's Avatar
frankbmd frankbmd is online now
Fr@nk Burke++
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between the 1st tee and the 19th hole
Posts: 6,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Gee counselor, trying to pull someone else in to change the narrative and possibly give some out for the OP? Frank is a great guy, and so is the OP as a matter of fact. And Frank is also well known for making a lot of goofy and funny posts, that I for one enjoy reading. Now is the OP known for making similar funny and joking posts and doing other oddball and off-the-wall stuff occasionally, or more for being the serious and well-informed long-time collector and resident T206 expert, who pretty much always comes across as factual, knowledgeable, and correct, and is really never wrong?

The OP doesn't normally, to my knowledge at least, ever really act much like Frank in the way and manner he posts and discusses things. So why do you then suddenly invoke how someone else acts and interacts on the forum as a possible reason to defend or explain away what someone else does or doesn't do on the forum? Relevance counselor, relevance. What does how Frank posts and interacts with others here have to do with how the OP does, or otherwise explain his actions?

Quite frankly (pun fully intended), had it been Frank who had posed the original question the OP did, I wouldn't have posted anything. Knowing Frank, he probably would have made some hilarious comment regarding mr2686's response to begin with, or joked about his own mistake in how he posed the question.

And I already responded and dismissed your comment about the Ruth card image in this thread in a previous post.
OMG!!!

Now it looks like I need a lawyer (anyone but Spaeth)

Ted and i are "buds". I would never pull his leg, because I cannot bend over far enough.
__________________
FRANK:BUR:KETT - RAUCOUS SPORTS CARD FORUM MEMBER AND MONSTER NUMBER FATHER.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES


274/1000 Monster Number


Over*900* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-21.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.



Now nearly PQ.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:23 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is online now
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,078
Default

The asterisk remains, I dislike that asterisk.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

E94 27/30

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trivia - Hits per Decade. With a Prize! Bliggity Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 28 11-14-2015 08:33 AM
Old Judge Trivia oldjudge Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 16 06-17-2014 08:05 AM
TRIVIA....BB (card) related coincidences....tell us of your's ? tedzan Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 9 03-14-2012 01:43 PM
o-t trivia 1000 hits for 2 teams Peter_Spaeth Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 25 09-04-2009 06:36 PM
Kalamazoo Bats, Four Base Hits, Old Judge, etc.... Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 14 05-15-2005 04:54 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20 PM.


ebay GSB