NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Shale Levine

Default Premier Auctions

I just found Premier Auctions and don't recall any opinions on them from net54.
I did a search on past posts and found zip.
My question is simple; does anyone recommend them? I was looking at current auctions by them and many of the items have no bids.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 PM

It's the old Mike Gutierrez Auctions, run by former MGA employees and without Gutierrez. When Gutierrez moved to Heritage a few years back, they took over with his endorsement and changed the name to Premier. I believe it to be a reputable and legitimate company.

Last edited by drc; 12-17-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Wayne Walker

I purchased one autographed item from them about a year ago and had no issues.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 AM

I can add that I haven't bid there in a good while, but have won items from them in the past and received the items. I'm not an autograph expert, but can testify that their customer service and shipping was fine. I see no reason you shouldn't feel safe sending them money.

Last edited by drc; 12-17-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I do not like it when they wont list who authenticated some of the items.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM

I believe all their autographs come with their LOA, plus whatever else certification is listed. They used to have PSA then JSA certify their autos, but quit doing that at some point. Perhaps because of cost.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I do not like it when they wont list who authenticated some of the items.
I have talked to them, and they feel that they have much auto experience and feel comfortable authenticating in-house, much like Lelands. I'm sure with a Ruth or such they'd go to one of the biggies.

Ken
Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I have talked to them, and they feel that they have much auto experience and feel comfortable authenticating in-house, much like Lelands. I'm sure with a Ruth or such they'd go to one of the biggies.

Ken
Then why do they list all those TPA"s if they don not use them?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 PM

I would imagine the items were consigned that way and/or, perhaps, the get a letter for special items. I know that they used to have auction letter TPAs for all their items, but quit doing that a couple of years back. Lelands sometimes has TPA letters, but I assume the letters came from the consignors.

I'm not a company spokesman, consignor or even active bidder, I've just been aware of them since it was MGA.

Last edited by drc; 12-17-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

"We honor the 30 Minute Rule that is in effect at 9PM EST the night of the auction. Registered bidders can bid on any lot throughout the entire auction duration. Bids do not have to be placed prior to the 9 PM EST pre-close."

Explains why you won't see much bidding activity until the last day. No need to "get your foot in the door" with an early bid if there are already a couple of bids on the lot.

I have bought from them before and never had any problems. If I remember correctly, their signed items do come with their own in-house LOA, which basically re-states the auction description, with the auction photo and a "we believe these to be authentic" kind of statement.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-17-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Wayne Walker

The company was selling a number of replica auto baseballs a while back, which some of us didn't like. They use a number of authenticators, and I feel like most of the items I have considered in their auctions have had letters from the more well known alphabets.

Like anywhere,you need to carefully consider an individual item that you are interested in, but I don't think the house is trying to rip anybody off. They will send you what you bid on and most likely help you with any issues you have.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I find that you would even compare this auction house to Lelands. I remember when they used Global and Ace.Now I have to trust them?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
I find that you would even compare this auction house to Lelands. I remember when they used Global and Ace.Now I have to trust them?
I think your fragment here is intended to show outrage, if I'm reading correctly. I am not saying they are on par with Lelands, I was just saying they do in-house authenticating just like Lelands does.

I don't recall them using ACE ever. If they did, shame on them. As for Global, I remember when they were respectful, although I don't have any autographs with their LOA (or, I don't have any with an LOA from them where I've kept the LOA. But, of course, that's my choice.)

I have bought several items from them and have been satisfied all around. Considering what I look for, I am comfortable buying from them again. If they don't instill trust for you, then don't bid!

Ken
Old 12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Amen, you are comfortable then for you it is a good thing. I am not.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:41 PM

That's fine. The only thing I notice is I have yet to see anyone here say 'ball a' or 'signed photograph b' or 'lot #445" is bad, which is something I'd expect to see on this board if one were complaining about an autograph auction house, web site or eBay seller. As I said, I'm not an autograph expert and am not here pretending to be one, but do know that complaints about autograph auction houses are typically centered around specific questionable signatures.

Last edited by drc; 12-17-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

How about lot 145. If it passes quick opinion I will pay you four times the money you spent to have them look at it.

Last edited by shelly; 12-17-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Perry Lin

Quote:
Amen, you are comfortable then for you it is a good thing. I am not.
I've seen your previous posts and you seem very knowledgable. If you can evaluate the items on your own, then who cares what the auction house opinion is.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

What about the people that can't. Let them get ripped off. I really am confused about your statement.

Last edited by shelly; 12-17-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Perry Lin

Quote:
What about the people that can't. Let them get ripped off. I really am confused about your statement.
Your previous post suggested that you were not comfortable doing business with them. My comment was just a response to that. you seem to know your stuff and there is no reason why you shouldn't do business with them if you found something you wanted at a good price.

In terms of reputation, I think we can all agree that they are not a fraud house only selling fakes originating from Florida. They seem to do their best at authentication. Im not saying that some bad lots may not fall through the cracks but how many? They have 1600 lots this auction. 1% is 16 bad lots. I would think less than 16 lots are bad. Just a guess. Those percentages are pretty good in the grand scheme of things. We all take chances when we buy stuff. Even our favorite restaurants have bad nights. I bought a 2013 ford escape and it has had 3 major recalls in less than 6 months. There is no guarantee in life. They seem as good and probably better than ebay, which is where most uneducated consumers buy memorabilia from. In the financial world, alternative investments can only be made by sophisticated or accredited investors. If you're buying high end autos, then most of the buyers in that market can do their own homework, get 2nd or 3rd opinions. I dont find premier any better or worse than most auction houses.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Wayne Walker

Interesting conversation here.

OP-Are you asking about the items in the auction, or the auction house's business dealings? You may be asking about both, but there is a difference between asking "Do they sell fakes?" and "I see an item I like, how is their customer service?"

Old 12-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Michael

Default opinion

I've been to their set up in AZ. Very nice folks. The autograph expert there in house is not as expert as I would like and I have not bid on a few items I felt iffy about but I think it is just lack of experience on their end at times, nothing dishonest. So as with anything you bid on, look carefully and judge yourself or ask someone who knows more for their input too
Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Talking

I do think that there is a difference between Ebay and an auction house. With the auction house you pay a premium to buy something. I would think because of that cost you would think that you are buying something that you feel must be real. When you buy on Ebay its let the buyer beware.

Last edited by shelly; 12-18-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:18 PM

I know Shelly is knowledgeable about autographs, so do take his opinions on the matter subject seriously.