NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2021, 11:59 PM

¡Maravilloso, Roland! Gracias de nuevo.
We do wish the picture was larger, but perhaps we ask too much when you have already been so helpful.
We do ask again, though -- can you tell us the manufacturer or publisher of Baraja Pelotera, and the year(s)
it was made?
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl
Old 04-03-2021, 12:57 PM

Default Baraja Pelotera

Butch, now I am sending you the game diagram of the "Ball Deck" the author is Roger J. Vega, they have several patent numbers, some from 1948 and in other boxes 1949, you also have a propaganda, those photos I threw with the phone camera, but they are very large almost 2M and on other occasions I have sent them and they do not come out so I reduce their size, I have more things separated for you. You let me know when you see this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baraja Pelotera 1.jpg (27.1 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg Baraja Pelotera anuncio.jpg (35.6 KB, 202 views)
Old 04-03-2021, 02:06 PM

Default Romeo y Julieta 1922

Jason, you're right, another time I'll give you an explanation of everything, now I'm going to show you some of the rarest cards I know, rarer than Cabañas or Billiken or "Punch" are the 1922 Romeo y Julieta Cigar cards, one from Almendares and an amateur, they appear in my specialized catalog, some in this thread have them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Romeo y Julieta 1922.jpg (72.3 KB, 207 views)
Old 04-03-2021, 03:51 PM

¡Excelente, Roland! Gracias de nuevo, de nuevo, de nuevo.
If you find difficulty in posting larger pictures here, you could try sending them to us via e-mail --
try sending one full-size photo to Butch7999@aol.com and we'll let you know if that works...

Old 04-03-2021, 04:15 PM
Scott

I believe those 1922 Romeo Y Julieta cards have been the source of constant debate over their authenticity on the Forum....
Old 04-03-2021, 04:23 PM

Default Cigarros Romeo

Butch, now you will see a card game of Romeo Cigars, they are very rare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cigarros Romeo.jpg (76.3 KB, 200 views)
Old 04-03-2021, 05:07 PM

Default Scott

Hello Scott, now I see your message, you say that those Romeo and Juliet cards have been a constant strong debate, remember that I am new to net54, but I would like and appreciate if you explain me about this topic, I like to learn . I await your response, thank you very much Scott.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:34 PM

Default Scott

Scott, as I told you in the previous message, I like to learn and now I have learned something that I did not know, thank you very much Scott, because I never read what was discussed in that debate in which I had a small intervention, my mission was to confirm that these The cards were authentic and not forgeries, I did not know that before and afterwards there were debates, they never informed me, a few minutes ago I read something, but later I will continue reading, those cards were taken to my house and I wanted to buy them, but those who brought it They wanted to sell them on ebay, I immediately knew that they were original and very rare but 100% authentic, a few days later they returned to my house to tell me that on ebay they had doubts, since they thought they were false, and that the next day at 3 o'clock In the afternoon they were going to make a phone call, and I agreed to go that day, I went and talked to my friend Ryan and told him in my terrible English that they were real, not forgeries, after a few minutes on the computer they connected to net54, I did not I knew what e that site existed, and the questions began, some showed boxing cards etc and I answered everything, as for the 4 cards of Almendares players, it was analyzed and between Ryan and I, it was agreed that they were authentic, that they were printed in 1922, although in two cases they said 1911 and in another 1915, that was my analysis since they were all in my hands and I scanned them, luckily for me due to doubts of the buyers who had doubts, I was able to negotiate 2 of the Almendares and currently They are in my collection, and I consider that they are one of the rarest of the Cuban cards, but I repeat 100% original, and in my catalog they are all and I give a detailed explanation, I thought that when I left the debate and the moderator thanked the debate from Cuba that according to him was good, it was all over and he never talked about that again, but I see that it continued and at times he was tense, I never knew about it and I am glad I was not in that discussion, I have seen that some who They are in this thread they participated in that debate in 2014, if you want some information about my conclusions about those Romeo and Juliet cards, you can ask me. Greetings Scott.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:16 PM

¡Wow, Roland! ¡Maravilloso! We have never seen those cards, nor knew anything of that game before.
We always love seeing something completely new to us. As always, we must ask:
is there an actual name of that game, or is it known only as the "Cigarros Romeo" game?
And do you know approximately what year it was made?
And can you tell us how many cards make the complete game?
¡Gracias de nuevo!

Old 04-04-2021, 03:17 PM

Buth, ahora veras "La Baraja Deportiva" la componen 40 cartas. La conoces?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baraja Deportiva Caramelos Felices.jpg (78.2 KB, 207 views)
Old 04-04-2021, 03:31 PM

Hello, now I show you some small balls that were used in the late 40s and early 50s, for the players to sign, they will see a normal size ball and 4 small balls each of them signed by different teams: Almendares , Havana, Marianao and Cienfuegos, these balls are rare to find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pelotas Chicas.jpg (56.7 KB, 202 views)
Old 04-05-2021, 03:21 AM

¡Santa caballa, Roland! Este es otro juego completamente desconocido para nosotros. ¡Estupendo!
¿Conoces el año de fabricación?

(Perdone nuestro incómodo español, estamos usando una traducción por computadora.)

Old 04-05-2021, 12:36 PM

Hello, you send me this photo that appeared in the 2014 thread, of the Romeo and Juliet cards, that photo is from the day that the cards I mentioned earlier were brought to my house, and those cards were in my office and they photographed them and They put them in the thread, your question is that you do not know the following cards: Adolfo Luque's belongs to the rarest collection of all, "Gener Cigars 1925", Martin Dihigo's, is from "Campo Alegre 1946", very rare as well. below the latter are Mallorquinas by Lloyd and Willie Foster 1928, all appear in my catalog, the other photo is from the album "Aguilitas 2da serie Artistica" complete with the 900 letters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 104.jpg (64.1 KB, 197 views)
Old 04-05-2021, 05:21 PM

Default Juego de Dados

Butch, I don't know if you are interested, I am sending you a dice game of the goblet game, with the mascots of the Cuban baseball teams, the scorpion, the lion, the tiger and the elephant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Juego Dados.jpg (30.5 KB, 203 views)
Old 04-06-2021, 11:18 AM

¡Hola, Roland! ¡Sí, definitivamente estamos interesados en estos dados de béisbol!
Una vez más, ¿saben el nombre del juego? ¿El fabricante? ¿El año?
No estamos seguros de lo que quieres decir con
"the goblet game".
¿Los dados pertenecen a uno de los juegos que ya has mostrado?

Old 04-06-2021, 04:27 PM

Default Romeo y Julieta 1922

Travis, you sent me the photo of Carlos Royer from the Romeo y Julieta collection, all those cards I had in my hands and I scanned them in 2014 when they appeared, at 4 o'clock on the almendarea you have one, Pedroso's was bought by a good friend mine who lives in Miami, although I do not know if he still has it and I have the other two, those are the 4 known ones are a rarity, years ago I did research and draw my conclusions, which I will explain to you little by little, what if It is true that they are original and were printed in 1922 for the Romeo and Juliet Sports album, which had a boxing section and a baseball section, as I have seen it was prepared for a large number of baseball cards, that collection was prepared for It was released in 1911, maybe it was released or maybe not, because they were waiting for the printing of the album, which for reasons that I do not know, did not come out at that time, Pedroso's card by mistake says 1915, but it is from 1911, since it has the number of games played 191 1, there are interesting things that I investigated in La Compañía Litografica de La Habana, which was the one that printed everything related to the Tobacco Factories, now I took a photo of the album and I put cards from the 1922 series on top, in a while I am going to take other photos and I will continue the explanation, you will have a photo of the scan I did in 2014 with the 4 cards and another with some in the album, if you can when you see this message, let me know. Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copia 4 almendares.jpg (30.0 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg Album Romeo y Julieta.jpg (64.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 04-06-2021, 09:16 PM

Butch, en Cuba ese juego con los dados y el cubo de cuero se llama "Cubilete" es un juego muy antiguo lo pueden jugar 2 personas o mas, lo conoces? Te va una imagen. Yo lo jugué hace mucho tiempo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cubilete.jpg (27.5 KB, 197 views)
Old 04-07-2021, 12:32 PM
Travis Wise

Default Rolando

Thanks for the notes on the Romeo cards! Looking forward to learning some more about them!

Thanks
Travis
Old 04-07-2021, 12:39 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

This thread has been very educational. Even though this isn't a specific area of collection for me, I'd be willing to buy a catalog (even a pdf file) for a reasonable price.

Of course, Roland, you can do whatever makes sense to you, but if you offer the catalog as a pdf file for $20 or so, put me down for one. I know a similar business model worked well for the author of the Japanese baseball card checklist and price guide.

Cheers!
Old 04-07-2021, 01:20 PM

¡Gracias, Roland!
No estábamos familiarizados con ninguna versión de Cubilete - los dados que se muestran en la segunda imagen,
con la copa de dados Almedares, parece
"dice poker" ("póquer con dados"), que es ligeramente popular
aquí en los Estados Unidos (tal vez un poco más popular aquí que los juegos de dominó, que sabemos que también
son grandes en Cuba).

No tenemos idea, sin embargo, de cómo los dados en el primer cuadro, con los emblemas de los equipos
y las iniciales de los equipos, cuentan en la jugada.
¿Conoces al fabricante o al año de la versión en particular de Cubilete que muestres?

Old 04-07-2021, 03:48 PM

Default Butch

Butch, los dados de la foto con los emblemas de los equipos, y las últimas que te envié fue para que te dieras cuenta del tipo de juego, el cubilete, y el cubo del Almendares donde se introducen los dados y se revuelven se tiran etc. Hay otros que en vez de tener el rey y la reina solo tienen la letra K y la Q, pero todo es el mismo juego, me entendiste?
Old 04-07-2021, 04:30 PM

Hola Roland, nos disculpamos de nuevo por nuestro torpe español computarizado y cualquier confusión como resultado.

Sí, entendimos que hay muchos conjuntos y variaciones diferentes de Cubilete, fabricados a lo largo de muchos años
por muchas empresas diferentes. Nos preguntábamos si conocías al fabricante y el año del set que mostraste.
Ese tipo de información es importante para nuestra identificación de fotos en nuestros archivos y para nuestra
catalogación de todos los juegos de mesa y juegos de cartas que se han producido con un tema de béisbol
(alrededor de 2.000 desde 1867). Sabemos muy bien que esa información no siempre está disponible u obtenible.

¡Seguimos agradecidos por toda la información que ha proporcionado hasta ahora y esperamos que haya más por delante!

Old 04-07-2021, 05:22 PM

Butch, I understand well what you say, those dice with the baseball figures came in a box with their lid but I have no more data they must be from the 50s Now I send you the terrain of a more modern game, and I met the author and the He gave me an explanation of how to play it, I cannot find the book with the game instructions, nor the cloth bag where the chips were, if I find them I will send you the photo and more information, Judid means Didactic Games. I have very interesting games for you next time. Greetings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Judid.jpg (44.9 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Judid (2).jpg (39.7 KB, 196 views)
Old 04-07-2021, 06:27 PM
Ricardo

Default Faustino Zuelta Biceleta

Rolando
do you have any
information on this player.
Thanks Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210407_201257.jpg (70.9 KB, 192 views)
Old 04-07-2021, 10:23 PM

Default Zulueta "Bicicleta"

Richard, can you send me a picture and ask me who is it? I will tell you that the one that appears in the photo is the great Zulueta known as "Bicycle". He was one of the most important characters in a baseball game. In case you don't know, I will inform you that Zulueta was in charge of collecting the balls that were hit "foul" Richard up to here, what I mentioned is a nice note towards the bicycle, now the reality, Zulueta was a character from the La Tropical stadium He was the one who collected the foul balls, but due to his fatness he ran behind the balls and the public who attended to see the games made fun and laughed when they saw him run, I knew him personally and on one occasion we greeted each other , his specialty was chasing the balls when they hit the net behind the plate, then he waited for them, and all the public attending the game looked at him, if he dropped the ball they would all yell at him and whistle at him, if he caught the ball then they applauded him , every 10 foul, 9 fell, Zulueta was a show, already when he was older he got more fat and walked with a limp, but the whole public was fond of him, now you will see a photo of Zulueta in 1951-52, in that photo that is fractional as it appears in Volume 2 of my catalogs complete, you see Zulueta on the field, the one you see with a white shirt is Martin Dihigo, and Zulueta listens to him very attentively next to him is "Pajaro Cabrera", greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dihigo y Zulueta.jpg (33.6 KB, 177 views)
Old 04-07-2021, 11:40 PM

¡Maravilloso, Roland! Gracias una vez más por presentar otro juego - Beisbol por Judic -
que nunca antes habíamos visto. ¿Recuerdas si se jugaba usando dados, o era algún otro método?
Estamos adivinando, a juzgar por los gráficos, que fue hecho en la década de 1970.

Esa es una historia interesante que transmitiste sobre Zulueta. En las décadas de 1980 y 1990,
teníamos un personaje muy similar trabajando como "ball boy" aquí en Buffalo (Bisons
de la Liga Internacional) -
"the Butcher" (¡no hay que con nosotros!) un adolescente pero
también extremadamente rotundo y algo así como un payaso, que sacó los mismos aplausos
y abucheos amistosos de los aficionados. ¡Algunos errores, pero también algunas capturas
sorprendentemente atléticas!

https://buffalonews.com/sports/baseb...a320d454b.html

Last edited by Butch7999; 04-07-2021 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:45 PM

Default Caramelos Play

Butch, I send you 2 photos of the game "Candy Play" this game consists of 100 cards and a board with the Game box, I also send you something weird, the lead molds where the cards are printed, I imagine you never have seen, Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg postal 60.jpg (77.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-591F.jpg (80.7 KB, 190 views)
Old 04-08-2021, 06:04 PM
Ricardo

Default 1887 Aguiles Martines Alemendares

Rolando
When u have time
can u please give me information
on this player.
Best Regards Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210408_195614.jpg (76.6 KB, 195 views)
Old 04-09-2021, 11:59 AM

Richard, the photo you sent is of Wenceslao Gálvez, author in 1889 of the book "El Base Ball en Cuba" he played for Almendares and was Champion Bate.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:01 PM
Ricardo

Default Thank u

Thank u
someone wrote on back aguilnes martines.

Last edited by richardcards; 04-09-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:15 PM

¡Hola, Roland! Ese es otro artículo maravilloso que está mostrando - muchas gracias de nuevo!

No sabíamos nada de Caramelos "Play".
¿Sabes aproximadamente qué año se fabricó ese juego? Nos parece un producto de la década de 1930,
pero tal vez sea de producción mucho más reciente.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:57 PM

Now you will see some images that I show for a question that they asked me why do the cards "Punch and Romeo and Juliet have the same portrait? This is a long explanation but I show you some images from my collection and I will tell you something about my research in The 80s when I collected tobacco rings before collecting baseball, I met the oldest workers in the Lithographic Company of Havana and I saw the files and samples that were shown to the clients and from there they chose the photos and the rings, those Rings with the faces of the Kings, were made for the different brands of tobacco that they sold to the Royal Houses and in the Palace, the King gave them to his visitors, in the baseball cards the same, in the samples and files they were for that the manufacturers chose, that is why the Romeo and Juliet say 1911, perhaps the series was printed but no copy is known or it was not printed, but being in the archives they decided to print go it in 1922.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfonso XIIl.jpg (33.2 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg Jorge V.jpg (53.5 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg Pla Romeo y Julieta.jpg (23.4 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg Pla C. Punch.jpg (50.9 KB, 177 views)
Old 04-09-2021, 09:12 PM

Butch, now you have a part of the Cienfuegos team mold of a deck game, tomorrow I'm going to look for the other 3 teams, and the candy field Play
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cartas Cienfuegos.jpg (76.1 KB, 178 views)
Old 04-10-2021, 02:44 PM

Hello, if there are many fakes, the first I saw were the Billiken, at the beginning of the 90s, they were followed by the Nationals, La Cotorra Mineral Water, Polar Beer, some photos of the players of the Programs of the 50s, behind They gave him Aguilitas 2nd Artistic Series, lamentably absurd things were done to cheat and look for a few pesos, but some people fell into the trap, there is more, now there is the photo of the first Billiken that were falsified and others in a larger size also false.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Billiken Falsas.jpg (41.4 KB, 172 views)
Old 04-11-2021, 11:44 AM

Now I show you other fakes. The program for the 1950-51 season, they cut out the photos of the players to make cards and cheat, when I saw them I told the sellers that they were false, to break them, they did not do it and someone not knowledgeable bought them, that it happened many times unfortunately. As an example you will see a forgery of Dandridge as if they were Aguilitas from the artistic series, (at that time Dandridge was a child) and another by Roberto Ortiz, in this case Trinidad and Hno.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aguilitas falsas.JPG (72.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg Aguilitas falsas r.JPG (71.8 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg Trinidad y Hno, Falsas.jpg (50.6 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg Dandridge 50-51.jpg (65.6 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg R. Ortiz 50-51.jpg (28.3 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg Prog. 50-51.jpg (77.3 KB, 167 views)
Old 04-12-2021, 01:54 PM

I show you other counterfeits of cards, made to cheat and look for a few dollars, from the collection of printed matter of the newspaper "Alert" they copied the photos and printed them card size and numbered them, you will see some false cards with propaganda of "Agua Mineral La Cotorra" .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alertas Falsas tipo Cards.jpg (50.5 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg Cotorra.jpg (34.3 KB, 159 views)
Old 04-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

These cards are absolutely fascinating. Thank you!

I've collected some original photos of these players and was thinking of dipping my toe into the actual cards. But these counterfeits are worrying. Thank you so much for sharing...what a public service.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:05 PM

Butch, now you have some cards from a game and one from "Candy Play". You let me know when you see them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barajas.jpg (53.8 KB, 162 views)
Old 04-13-2021, 03:25 PM

I answer you, about 15 years ago they brought me 10 Topps 1955 with the stars, Clemente, Aaron William, Snider etc, I had a complete series, I showed them to the sellers so they could see that theirs were laser printed, that They returned them to the one who gave them to them, then they told me that they did not know they were false and they would return them, the next day a great friend of mine called Ruben calls me on the phone, and he tells me that he had bought a Topps 55 but that he was not sure if They were real, I told him what happened the day before and I asked him what he had paid, and he tells me $ 500 dollars, I am very sorry as they cheated my friend, to your question of, Have they falsified American cards? that is the answer..
Old 04-14-2021, 02:23 PM

Default Franco

Franco, you tell me you are interested in collecting Cuban cards, but you are worried about counterfeits, those began in the late 80s and 90s, and some in the early 2000s, many years ago none have appeared, apparently they were made of all One or two games to try, in the United States, there are very good collectors with great knowledge of Cuban cards and they can guide you, if I have touched on this topic it is for those who start so that they do not buy anything doubtful, but I think that if it is your idea You must follow it, since in the Cuban cards you will find very important cards, mainly from Negro Leagues players, greetings.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:16 PM

Default Pre-Aguilitas

Hello, now I show you the rarest cards of the "Aguilitas Artistic Series" these are the "Pre-Aguiitas" I gave them that name and this is how it appears in my catalog because these cards appeared in the cigarette packs of propaganda to the series that It would come out weeks later, the cards on the front are the same portrait, but behind appears the propaganda of the series and its numbers according to the theme, very few of these were made and it is very rare to find any, I have only seen these in the series of baseball cards, in the photo we see the pack of cigarettes, and the card of Alejandro Oms, and its two backs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pre-Aguilitas.jpg (43.3 KB, 145 views)
Old 04-16-2021, 04:27 PM

Default Fosforos Acebo

Now I show you 4 cards from the collection, one for each team: Connors, Dandridge, Noble, and Manning, and the matchbox that included the cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fosforos Acebo.jpg (59.2 KB, 137 views)
Old 04-17-2021, 11:43 AM

Richard, I'm going to answer all your questions in different messages, as to how to organize them, look, I collect all the memorabilia of Cuban baseball that covers a lot in all its themes, as for the cards, I have most of them in their original albums complete in some cases, those that were never printed albums, those I have in folders with their plastic protectors, as for the rarest, I have my opinions, they are the rarest and most valued and the rarest and least valued, for example: some cards "Gener Cigars, Romeo y Julieta, Helados Hatuey, etc" are rarer than "Cabañas or Punch" but it all depends on the demand and interest of the collectors according to whether they collect all the cards or those of Major League Baseball players, Negro Leagues, Hall of Fame players, etc. All this is in terms of Cuban baseball cards, I will follow the explanation, as soon as you read this message you let me know. Greetings Richard.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:44 PM

Richard, you tell me that you want to see magazines with baseball covers, there are hundreds, now there are three, if they are interested, let me know, they are very old, 2 of them and are more than 100 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joe Tinker El Score.jpg (27.4 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Armando Cabañas.JPG (61.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Selecta.JPG (75.3 KB, 127 views)
Old 04-18-2021, 10:46 AM

Default Revista Carteles

Richard, do you have some covers of the magazine "Carteles" that interest you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart.Duany.jpg (46.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg _ESTALELLA.jpg (32.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Cart.Willy-b.jpg (47.5 KB, 129 views)
Old 04-18-2021, 05:55 PM

Richard, from the Carteles Magazine there are many images, there is also a collection of amateur players from the 40s, I will look for you more, now you have a Posters with the cover of Mike González, a Gente magazine with Adolfo Luque, and a Champion Magazine with M. Mantle, when you see them tell me if you have them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1924.jpg (46.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Gente M..jpg (55.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Camp.Mantle.jpg (69.1 KB, 127 views)
Old 04-19-2021, 11:08 AM

Richard, a few years ago a man over 70 years old came to my house and he asked me about a Bohemian magazine, if I could have it, so I told him to come in 2 or 3 days to look for it, I found it and days later when he came back I showed it to him, the man was moved and told me, look at that boy with the bat is me, he told me that this photo was on January 6, 1949, the "Day of the Magi" and among the Gifts were balls, gloves and bats, and several of the boys went to the Santos Suarez Park, to play and the photographer from La Bohemia photographed them and told them that the photo would come out 3 days later, on January 9, 1949, and So it was, the father bought the magazine and everyone saw it, but the father kept it days later and they never saw it again, eventually they threw it away, and he had not seen that magazine again until the moment I showed it to him. , the man kept coming back to take a picture of him, I scanned it, but he never came back, I'll tell them that Santos Park Suarez is the park in my neighborhood of the same name, I also played ball in that place and almost every day I pass by, sometimes walking in my car, it is 5 blocks from my house (500 meters). from the Almanaque Deportivo Magazine, when you see them let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1949 Bohemia.jpg (49.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Alm. Dep.-4.jpg (34.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 04-19-2021, 05:39 PM

Richard now gives you a cover of the Photos Magazine, with Monte Irvin, in a message a few days ago I showed a photo of Irvin signing a similar but bound magazine, at my house, you will see a Saturday Sports Magazine and the magazine "El Pais "You inform me when you see them, I'm looking for others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M. Irvin.jpg (43.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Sábado Dep..jpg (31.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Magazine El Pais.jpg (41.9 KB, 125 views)
Old 04-20-2021, 01:05 PM

In this photo my friend Martin Dihigo son and I appear, it was taken at a lunch offered by an American to whom I helped him with many images for a documentary of the black leagues, that day he showed us part that was already edited that happened in In 2018, at present I do not know if that documentary was finished and exhibited. At the beginning of 2020, a friend of mine who is a member of net54, Kit, was at my house and gave me the sad news of the death of Dihigo Jr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martín Dihígo (hijo) y Rolando 2018.jpg (49.0 KB, 119 views)
Old 04-20-2021, 05:06 PM

Al, now I see that the image of Dandridge's card did not come out, now they are both, and part of a scan of all the "Punch" of the Almendares that appears in my catalog, those of O. Diaz do you have them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg All Cards Almendares.jpg (38.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Barnhirll.jpg (37.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg R.Dandridge.jpg (36.1 KB, 115 views)