NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 10-03-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
The seller is whining after sending an offer of a whopping $6 discount.
Talk about the deal of the century!!! How did the buyer not JUMP at that amazing saving???

And it's the seller here complaining, as well as wanting to block the person while the potential buyer isn't doing anything apparently other than counteroffering... so try living in reality.

It's easy to see who here in the comments are the oversensitive, whiny eBay sellers...lol

Can't take a counteroffer??? Get lost and don't sell, and save everyone from the offended, hurt little girl act.
i thought canadians were supposed to be all relaxed and kind? you're probably a leafs fan, so your angst is understandable
Old 10-03-2022, 10:29 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
i thought canadians were supposed to be all relaxed and kind? you're probably a leafs fan, so your angst is understandable
And I thought Americans had common sense, and could conduct themselves like grown men and actually HANDLE something as simple as a counteroffer without being hurt and needing to block someone and vent here... I guess we all learn new things everyday.

While I'm not a Leafs supporter, I'm betting they're still better than your team
Old 10-03-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
And I thought Americans had common sense, and could conduct themselves like grown men and actually HANDLE something as simple as a counteroffer without being hurt and needing to block someone and vent here... I guess we all learn new things everyday.

While I'm not a Leafs supporter, I'm betting they're still better than your team
i'm getting a habs fan vibe. even better

my bruins are headed to the abyss, but was a good run.

as for the other stuff, if someone wants to block someone, so be it.
there's a lot of aggressive behavior everywhere these days - just
thought you were a little unnecessarily over the top. but just my opinion.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:13 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
i'm getting a habs fan vibe. even better

my bruins are headed to the abyss, but was a good run.

as for the other stuff, if someone wants to block someone, so be it.
there's a lot of aggressive behavior everywhere these days - just
thought you were a little unnecessarily over the top. but just my opinion.
If the Habs were my team, I'd definitely have a LOT more to complain about.

And I love the city of Boston and the Bruins, other than the absolute worst "homer" announcers in the sport.

Finally, someone going out of there way to complain here about such a minor thing on Bay I felt was a major overreaction..... the OP asked for opinions, and I gave mine, so we can agree to disagree... Go Beantowners
Old 10-03-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
If the Habs were my team, I'd definitely have a LOT more to complain about.

And I love the city of Boston and the Bruins, other than the absolute worst "homer" announcers in the sport.

Finally, someone going out of there way to complain here about such a minor thing on Bay I felt was a major overreaction..... the OP asked for opinions, and I gave mine, so we can agree to disagree... Go Beantowners
fair enough. now i'm off to go block you on ebay.

cheers.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:01 PM
Robert J. Miller

OK To get one thing straight.....I could care less about the offers being too low or whatever. My point is that if I should block him because he could be a potential headache of a buyer. If he had no interest in my offer he could have just declined and moved on. Instead he lowers his previous offer?

Again, I perceive him as a potential headache if he makes a purchase which prompted me to ask the question.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:03 PM
Robert J. Miller

Wow. Usually threads I start don't get this much attention or responses.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:21 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
OK To get one thing straight.....I could care less about the offers being too low or whatever. My point is that if I should block him because he could be a potential headache of a buyer. If he had no interest in my offer he could have just declined and moved on. Instead he lowers his previous offer?

Again, I perceive him as a potential headache if he makes a purchase which prompted me to ask the question.
First off, the proper phrase is "I COULDN'T care less", using COULD is incorrect.

Secondly, YOU initiated the negotiation, not the potential Buyer/Watcher. Huysmans and nwobhm are on the money with their responses, putting something on a watch list is definitely NOT a formal, or otherwise, request for an offer to be made or to start a negotiation. I for one put lots of things on my watch list all the time to see what, if any, interest they may create, and how much a particular item might end up selling for. I have never put anything on a watch list with the intent of that somehow soliciting an offer from a seller. I would think most normal buyers with at least half a brain would simply send a message to a seller about their listed item if they were that interested in buying it and wanted to start a negotiation.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but a Seller can only make such a discount offer to potential Buyers if they haven't gotten a single bid on their item yet, correct? In that case, to a potential Buyer/Watcher receiving such an offer it may come across as a bit of a panic move on the part of the Seller to suddenly drop their price to sell something they're now fearful no one is going to buy at even their opening bid amount. Certainly raises the question to potential Buyers of why didn't the Seller just list their item with a "Make an Offer" option to begin with, and likely puts the Seller in a weaker negotiating position to start because now the potential Buyer/Watcher knows that Seller is even more motivated to sell their item for less than their asking price. So even when you come back and counteroffer, and say that is as low as you'll go, you've already demonstrated you don't necessarily mean that. Otherwise, why didn't you just list the item with the "Make an Offer" option to start? It is possible that by coming back with an even lower counteroffer, the potential Buyer/Watcher was trying to convey that the offer they initially made was their best offer, and were now hoping you would be even more fearful of not selling the item, and thus possibly lower your price further to accept what they originally offered.

So when the potential Buyer/Seller uses a technique like offering a lower amount to negotiate back, what makes make you suddenly and automatically think and be so certain they would be a problem Buyer just because of how they negotiated? For all you know, they could have even intended to counteroffer $30, and accidently made a typo they didn't realize. Or the potential Buyer/Watcher could be a dealer that needs to acquire things a certain percentage below market. Whatever the reason(s), was this potential Buyer/Watcher discourteous or insulting in their communications to you at all? And if not, I again ask why you feel such a need to put them down for how they may try to negotiate on an item that YOU started the negotiations on, not them.

One last question for you then. Are you really this mad and upset with this potential Buyer/Watcher, or are you possibly more mad and upset with yourself for possibly overvaluing what you thought the item you were selling was worth and would sell for?

Whether you block this person or not is totally up to you. Just some additional thoughts/perspectives you may not have considered.

Last edited by BobC; 10-03-2022 at 08:26 PM.