NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-30-2020, 12:49 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default Crazy uncles

Anyone get an invoice yet
Old 06-30-2020, 01:20 PM
Craig Wright

Default No

More here: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285319
Old 06-30-2020, 01:33 PM
Albert Bee

Default Uncle

Now is that Uncle Jimmy or Uncle Crazy ??
Old 06-30-2020, 04:16 PM

Yes. Last night
Old 06-30-2020, 05:29 PM

I have a feeling Uncle Jimmy was smart as whip and crazy like a fox. Uncle Crazy on the other hand...

brianp(arker)-beme
Old 06-30-2020, 07:00 PM
Tho.mas L Sau.nders

Was told they are emailing them out yesterday and today.

I have yet to get mine
Old 07-02-2020, 06:35 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Recently, well 3 years now I think. Prisco made off with at least 60k via live auctioneers platform, 4k from me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-06-2020, 12:15 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Recently, well 3 years now I think. Prisco made off with at least 60k via live auctioneers platform, 4k from me

I remember that auction. About 5 successive auctions. I paid for the first auction and got a bogus tracking number that was never scanned in, hadnt paid for my winning in the second, but in the third auction they were auctioning off a 1939 Ted Williams Rookie that just so happened to be sitting in my PC. It was then I knew I had to call and I dont know why, but they refunded me, immediately, my payment from auction 1 and then barred me from bidding in any others. Prisco said he didnt have the cards in hand, that they were from a consignor who was sending him pics. I contacted LiveAuctioneers with all the evidence that he was runnning a scam, they DGAF.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:17 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 View Post
I remember that auction. About 5 successive auctions. I paid for the first auction and got a bogus tracking number that was never scanned in, hadnt paid for my winning in the second, but in the third auction they were auctioning off a 1939 Ted Williams Rookie that just so happened to be sitting in my PC. It was then I knew I had to call and I dont know why, but they refunded me, immediately, my payment from auction 1 and then barred me from bidding in any others. Prisco said he didnt have the cards in hand, that they were from a consignor who was sending him pics. I contacted LiveAuctioneers with all the evidence that he was runnning a scam, they DGAF.
Yep, I win the green cobb psa 4. Never got a dime back

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-06-2020, 12:31 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Yep, I win the green cobb psa 4. Never got a dime back

I missed the first auction, which had many lots not reach a reserve (why he had a reserve on a scam, who knows) But in that second auction I won and paid for:
T206 Mathewson Portrait SGC 7
T206 Johnson Portrait PSA 7
(2) 33 Ruth SGC 5's

I was ecstatic. It was the fourth auction (your Green Cobb) where I caught him auctioning a card I possessed with pics from Heritage. He banned me from bidding in that and his 5th auction. Somewhere on my computer I have all the pics of the card in hand against the computer screen of the lot.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Ne@l K

This should be on Netflix

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 07-12-2020, 04:13 PM
Al Richter

We need a Paul Harvey
Old 07-14-2020, 07:28 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
We need a Paul Harvey
+1

This is a horrible story. But I'm impressed by how many people support you. You seem like an outstanding guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 07-14-2020, 08:41 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
+1

This is a horrible story. But I'm impressed by how many people support you. You seem like an outstanding guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you Tim. We all have our faults and unless one has the word Saint before their name, then none of us are perfect. Bottom line is that I don't cheat people on business deals, I try to be as fair as possible. But I don't rip people off, I don't take advantage of people and I don't lie to make a buck !!!

Can we say that about Crazy Uncle's...…..I'll let everyone decide that for themselves.....just so that Aaron doesn't threaten to sue me again for slander (which is actually libel) as he threatened me if I said a word on Net54. I've said more than a word.....so Aaron, go ahead and sue....I double dog dare you !!!
Old 07-15-2020, 07:17 AM
Howard Chasser

Default A story for sports collectors daily??

I believe they have offered non biased reporting of good and bad in the hobby and I believe reach a lot more collectors than this board. I for one believe this story is "newsworthy". May be worth contacting them Dave - to see if they are interested in publishing the story - I am sure they would reach out to Aaron for "his side" and at the very least would put a high degree of pressure (assuming he has a desire to continue in the auction business) on him to make effort to right this wrong (as best he can at this point). Here is their contact info: editor@sportscollectorsdaily.com
I would have sent the email myself, but believe it is your decision to make.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:13 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
This should be on Netflix

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Haha!!! Yah I'm now hoping he consigns for a 3rd time!!!

Be a great plot twist........
Old 07-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Bill Roberts

Does Aaron have possession any more of your consignments that are worth 6 figures that he could dump on your lawn? After he did that the first time, why didn't you get the rest of your stuff back? I'm confused.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:43 PM
Dave

Last edited by CJDave; 07-12-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:44 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoberts View Post
Does Aaron have possession any more of your consignments that are worth 6 figures that he could dump on your lawn? After he did that the first time, why didn't you get the rest of your stuff back? I'm confused.
I am not certain if he has anymore of my items. I was taking inventory of what he dumped back to me the first time vs. what he "sold" at the last auction. Until I get home this evening and see what was dumped in round 2, I won't know if anything is missing........I am more troubled and concerned if anything is damaged from the storm.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:59 PM
Scott Russell

Damn Dave, Worst part is suing them isn't going to prove anything because it's doubtful any money will still be there to collect. Did we ever discover if they're even a real LLC? Maybe registered in Delaware like a lot of LLC's?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-17-2020, 04:41 PM
Jeffrey Pittman

All,
I have followed the Crazy Uncle Auction discussions with interest as my first auction experience was bidding on three t206 cards at this recent auction. Following the discussion thread, I have learned much about the auction process. And as others have expressed, I am very sorry about the harm done to Dave with his fabulous collection and the problems presented.
My personal experience at the lower tier was different. After winning three cards, there were initial invoice problems. However, today I received two of my cards, expertly packaged. The third card is in transit. My communications with Aaron have been good. He has delivered as promised. I am happy with the cards I acquired.
My comments are not meant to minimize any of the previously presented issues. I just wanted to mention my generally positive experience. Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2020, 05:12 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpittman765 View Post
All,
After winning three cards, there were initial invoice problems. However, today I received two of my cards, expertly packaged. The third card is in transit
They weren't all shipped together? I haven't heard of this before. Did you get two separate tracking numbers for one invoice? Are they coming from different locations?

Thanks!

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 07-17-2020, 05:31 PM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
They weren't all shipped together? I haven't heard of this before. Did you get two separate tracking numbers for one invoice? Are they coming from different locations?

Thanks!
I win! I got 3 tracking numbers from two different towns 2 hours aways and all are currently in transit. I'm not worried, but I am curious as to this methodology.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:32 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Are they coming from different locations?
I believe someone implied in another thread that he was most likely selling things he did not have physical possession of, yes.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:42 PM

And the people that run legit auctions, just shake their head....this could have been a win/win for consignor and auction house. Yet it turned out to be a disaster for most involved.

If you would like your consignments to be treated professionally, listed as requested and paid promptly just email or call...it's really that easy.

Scott

Brockelman Auctions

www.brockelmanauctions.com

817-688-9499
Old 07-17-2020, 06:00 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
And the people that run legit auctions, just shake their head....this could have been a win/win for consignor and auction house. Yet it turned out to be a disaster for most involved.

If you would like your consignments to be treated professionally, listed as requested and paid promptly just email or call...it's really that easy.

Scott

Brockelman Auctions

www.brockelmanauctions.com

817-688-9499
Amen. When in doubt trust guys named Scott
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-17-2020, 05:43 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Sure does increase overhead/expenses/timeline to do it that way. Maybe he's realized how much quicksand he's in and has hired a lawyer who is directing him to complete as many transactions as possible before those people cancel their accounts and their bids.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:44 PM
Br1an N0Iff

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I believe someone implied in another thread that he was most likely selling things he did not have physical possession of, yes.

What could possibly go wrong??????
Old 07-17-2020, 06:56 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Pretty sure this is how American Memorabilia worked for many years. Still?? Are they still around?
Old 07-17-2020, 06:12 PM
Jeffrey Pittman

Quote:

Thanks!

I did receive two separate tracking numbers. I believe my three winning bids involved two different physical locations for the cards. When I first talked to Aaron, I believe he said, with COVID 19 shipping issues, he was shipping from multiple locations. I could be wrong on my recollection. Shipping anything today, especially through USPS, is an interesting endeavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2021, 09:24 PM
M@++ Cyganik

As mentioned above, I started a separate thread on “Dutch Auctions”, which sent me an unsolicited email about their new auction house, Dutch Auction Shop. I looked at the address at the bottom and it was the very same one listed for Aaron Rothschild with Crazy Uncle.

The website makes no mention of who is running the auction, so I suspect Aaron doesn’t want to get his name dragged in the mud again after what happened with Crazy Uncle. Which, to my knowledge, never came to a public resolution.

Several hours later after posting about the address, I get another email exactly the same content, but with the address changed.

I have no personal vendetta against Aaron. My auction experience with Crazy Uncle was a bit strange but I was not affected. But I am making all of this aware for the people who did have issues with Aaron and may want to know about this new endeavor.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:25 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default CU

I wonder if any of the items in this new auction actually belong to Dave?

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.