NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone Think Of A Site That Displays Cards?

Posted By: DJ

Board members are always looking for unique and creative ways to show off their cards and share their collections with other members. There is nothing cooler than seeing a card you've never seen before and heard only of their existence, but weren't really sure you would ever see one. That House Of David Grover Alexander was my Bigfoot. DJ WANTS ONE! (arms extended, hands in grabbing motion).

I sometimes spend a few minutes looking at Leon's web site and Hal's fine site oggling the cards. Someone should create a 'community' web site where YOU THE COLLECTORS submit the cards and allow the Collecting world to view them.

There can only be ONE of any one card (no sense in many duplicates) and the persons name, id, store name, whatever can be credited to the image.

So if I want to see what a Rube Oldring Cullivan's Fireside looks like, I can go to the T208 section, stare at it and wish I owned it.

What do you guys think? Someone contact Trae.

Just a thought.

DJ

Old 05-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

This is the closest thing to what you are looking for that I know of.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/bbhtml/bbcardsSets1.html

Old 05-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Administrator

This site is new to me. I'm intrigued. Thank you for pointing it out!

DJ

Old 05-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

This one is pretty good.
http://www.vintagecardtraders.com/virtual/index.html

Old 05-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ctdeano

The PSA Set Registry to show off my cards, here is a link to my 33 Goudey set:

http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/display_cards.chtml?rsetid=36955&alltime=no&rank=19&tied=0&requesttimeout=9999

I am not sure if SGC and GAI have similar options of letting you uplaod your pics but I have found this a great benefit. Bored at work.....look at you set....turns your day around!

BTW long time lurker first time posting, I really enjoy all the knowledge on the board and look forward to participating more.

Regards,
Chris

Old 05-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Chris,

Very nice looking set. But gee, couldnt you have a few more psa 5 Ruths?

Welcome aboard.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ctdeano

Thanks Josh, I am working on number #53 next......saving my pennies for the National in July with that sole purpose.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: M.D.

Actually, this is an idea I had some time ago and decided to start a site myself.

The site has a number of different features, but the most important one is that every user gets unlimited card photo storage, and can organized their images into collections of their liking. I've uploaded some of my vintage stuff, and I would LOVE to see some of the great vintage stuff folks around here have posted to the site.

Drop by if you have a moment. The address is:

http://www.cardfu.com

Or for the image gallery, go directly to:

http://www.cardfu.com/pics/

Thanks!

MD

Old 05-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

DJ,

I have given a great deal of thought to the exact project you mention. I have a couple of bookmarks that I often visit as a way to see what certain cards/sets look like. I think it would be awesome to have an extensive archive all in one central location, and think it could be useful for many reasons.

That said, the only thing stopping me from building such a site is time. If there is significant interest in such an "archive", I'd gladly make the time to build something, if some people were willing to a.) communicate with me some specs, b.) gather photos, c.) help manage the "collection".

Email me if there is some interest, and maybe we can put something "vintage baseball" specific, completely with checklists, etc.

Richard.
http://www.richardarmstrong.ca

Old 06-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Excellent topic !!! I was going to post the same question. Personally, I'm interested in any displays of cards of Jewish players (ie Barney Pelty, Moe Berg, Lipman Pike, etc,...). See http://www.jewishmajorleaguers.org
I'm not so much interested in a display of the highest grade or nicest condition of the card, but rather the largest, nicest .jpg or .pic photo.

Thanks very much
Alan
Jewish sports collector/archivist

Old 06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

There used to be a site that tried to have scans of every known Old Judge variation and had about 60% of the different poses. Was one of my favorite sites,but hasnt been around for a couple years.Couldnt contact the host of the site either to see what happened.I personally would love to see a site that tried to recreate that and include as many poses as possible

Old 06-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Administrator

When I have the need to check out OJ's, I head for this site:

http://gfg.com/LLojfind/28.shtml

It's a seller but he had hundreds and hundreds of OJ's for sale with scans laid out in wallpaper like fashion and I've purchased a few from him.

The only thing that stands in my way is time itself as well Richard. The summer is always tough for me. Let me mull it over and maybe we can do something in a few months.

DJ

Old 06-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter

Hello,

I'm a casual collector, and an often lurker to these pages.

I was searching Yahoo! images for Zeenuts when I found this site:

http://www.deliafamily.net/BBCI/bbci.html

Some of the pics are small, but he's got a lot of pics of 19th c. and 20th c. Tobacco cards, Caramels, and Zeenuts.

Peter