NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-28-2022, 11:53 AM
Troy Rambo

Default PWCC Strikes Again. but in a different way...

Received a text that their weekly auction had a "computer issue" with 833 of their auctions ending yesterday and they were going to relist all 833 cards. I was a winner of 4 of those lots and my bids were nullified after the auction ended.

For what it's worth, I did watch the countdown clock go to zero and saw where I won the cards. Not a huge dollar amount based upon my collection and all were not for my main t206 set (I'm building all PSA 1 and all PSA 2 sets as well). Just seems pretty interesting (read: fishy) to me because all of the lots that I won and were cancelled were on the buyer side of fairly priced.

If I get any resolution with PWCC, I'll post a reply here but I'm guessing they don't really care about me as a buyer. I knew it was a bad idea to start looking at their stuff again.......

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 02-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-28-2022, 12:44 PM
Chase

Knowing what we all know about PWCC I have no sympathy for anyone encountering issues with them. Boggles my mind how so many people will look the other way and put cardboard before principles.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:55 PM
J@E R1T0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trambo View Post
Received a text that their weekly auction had a "computer issue" with 833 of their auctions ending yesterday and they were going to relist all 833 cards. I was a winner of 4 of those lots and my bids were nullified after the auction ended.

For what it's worth, I did watch the countdown clock go to zero and saw where I won the cards. Not a huge dollar amount based upon my collection and all were not for my main t206 set (I'm building all PSA 1 and all PSA 2 sets as well). Just seems pretty interesting (read: fishy) to me because all of the lots that I won and were cancelled were on the buyer side of fairly priced.

If I get any resolution with PWCC, I'll post a reply here but I'm guessing they don't really care about me as a buyer. I knew it was a bad idea to start looking at their stuff again.......

IMHO the best thing you can do is NOT bid on the relisted items. Computer systems have back ups and logs, they know who won which items and the transaction amount - this stinks to me.

Love the late 1800’s Boston Beaneaters and the early Boston Red Sox (1903-1918)!

Also collecting any and all basketball memorabilia.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:11 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:

Computer Issues with 833 lots? Could the issue be the numbers were not strong enough so lets try this again?
Old 02-28-2022, 01:44 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Frustrating for both buyers and sellers.

Vacated buyers now have to rebid and hope their original winning bid amount holds up. If not, they may have to pay a little extra now if it is a highly desired card and the re-listed amount exceeds the original one.

Conversely, if the bidding action is less robust for the re-listing, the seller may lose money if the second winning amount is less than the first winning bid.

Finally, both buyers and sellers are out their time.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:52 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

They have a new auction up as of today. Not sure how many of those items are repeated from last week's auction.

Anyway, they continue to self flagellate by crappy business practices.
Old 02-28-2022, 01:59 PM
Troy Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Knowing what we all know about PWCC I have no sympathy for anyone encountering issues with them. Boggles my mind how so many people will look the other way and put cardboard before principles.

Not that I need to justify the why, but my decision to look at PWCC was to see how their new auctions were working. I've won a few cards a few weeks ago and their service seemed to be pretty good as well as honest. A surprise, I know, but today's events have made me realize they're likely not a good auction house either.

I choose to give people another chance. Please don't question ones motives, ethics or principles until you know the full story. I can tell you that I certainly don't appreciate having my character questioned, especially from someone who can't put their full name to such comments.

No response needed nor wanted to this post. Probably better for all to discuss the original comment about the business ethics of PWCC versus anything else.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:01 PM
Troy Rambo

Update-

I traded a text and sent an email requesting to talk to someone before I actually pay for the 2 lots I won. At this point they've refused to talk with me in that vehicle but only via email and text.

We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:37 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

92. STD (Scammer Transmitted Disease) (also Crabs Grab)
Feeling repulsed when you see that somebody on the site posted a card they purchased from one of the notorious card-doctoring eBay sellers.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:40 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
I choose to give people another chance. Please don't question ones motives, ethics or principles until you know the full story. I can tell you that I certainly don't appreciate having my character questioned, especially from someone who can't put their full name to such comments.
While it was not good practice to provide a negative connotation, Chase's name is listed in full below the comment.

Many of us prefer to have the board know us but use a broken full name with symbols to avoid our names on search engines for both privacy and safety.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:45 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
Frustrating for both buyers and sellers.

Vacated buyers now have to rebid and hope their original winning bid amount holds up. If not, they may have to pay a little extra now if it is a highly desired card and the re-listed amount exceeds the original one.

Conversely, if the bidding action is less robust for the re-listing, the seller may lose money if the second winning amount is less than the first winning bid.

Finally, both buyers and sellers are out their time.
If the second "winning" bid is lower than the first me thinks they will reach out to the initial "winner" and ask them if they'd like to honor their formerly winning bid. That's called a win-win.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-28-2022 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:05 PM

Sorry Troy, that sucks.

Where is Snowman to explain how/why this is all OK??
Old 02-28-2022, 03:50 PM
Ma-rc Alph0ns0

Can't saw I'm surprised. They screw their customers over by having shill bids and they still continued to sell trimmed cards even though they were notified prior to auctions ending. PWCC is the absolute worst.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:04 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

There are more than enough other resources for buying cards. I would simply ignore these crooks, let them rot and die a slow painful death.

The FBI has apparently let them off the hook, but we have the power to bring them down. If we start acting like they don't exist, eventually they won't.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:18 PM
J. Davila

Quote:

Yes, got the same email. I had bid on 2 T206 hofers that will now be relisted. First time I had actually bid on a PWCC auction since they left eBay. Definitely leaves a bad taste.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:42 PM
Troy Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Sorry Troy, that sucks.

Thanks Ryan! Not the end of the world to be sure and I think the 4 cards that were part of this were all PSA 1s. Likely $500 of cards or something less. More the principle of it all for me. They're back on my "nope, not buying from them again" list.
Old 02-28-2022, 05:01 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

I've been very happy with how easy them leaving eBay has made it for me to forget they even exist.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:54 PM
Fred

What was that Yogi saying... it's deja vu all over again... kind of like those Goldin auctions not so long ago.

Honestly, I've never had an issue with PWCC so I have no complaints. However, that would suck to think you won something only to have it back in limbo. I remember during those Goldin auctions that kept crapping out I was up on a couple lots and then BANG - over, done, lost I haven't bid with them since.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:54 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Sorry Troy, that sucks.

Fear not, I'm here to the rescue! Let me know if you need any help sorting this stuff out. I know, it can be difficult.

Your BFF,
Snowman
Old 03-01-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Fear not, I'm here to the rescue! Let me know if you need any help sorting this stuff out. I know, it can be difficult.

Your BFF,
Snowman
Lol. Good reply! That said, you have historically defended pwcc; many times making valid points. Do you have any comment on this situation?

If I was PWCC, I would do everything I could to make my auctions as seamless and not-sketchy as possible. This is especially true given (1) they are still trying to make hay as a stand-alone platform off eBay, and (2) they have a checkered past and a bit of a reputational issue. Calling off 800+ finished auctions is not a good look.

I will still bid with PWCC and I was the underbidder on the 1917 CM Ruth in their last premiere auction. I bid with them bc I am a card whore and bc I, personally, have had no bad interaction with them (except I am sure I have been shilled, but I blame that more on eBay than pwcc and we all get shilled from time to time regardless of platform). I did take about a year off after the scandals, but I will/do bid with them. Not happily, however (again, I am admitted card whore). Thankfully, they rarely have things I want. That, together with instances like the subject of this thread, are making a permanent boycott for this card-addict evermore likely.

Regardless, eyes are (and have been for a long time) wide open with this group.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:03 AM
J@RR0D

I personally have no desire to bid with them, although I won't begrudge anyone who does. But I will say I had a friend who was bidding on lots and did indeed experience errors that kept his bids from being placed. So I understand why they're doing it.

I'll also say if I was a winner of one of the lots, I'd be livid.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:57 AM
Christopher Herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
if we start acting like they don't exist, eventually they won't.
☝️

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 03-02-2022, 06:45 PM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

I had 7 lots get axed.
Probably a total of $90.

Not very upset.
Successful transactions: sycks22, charlietheextervminator, Scocs, Thromdog, trdcrdkid, mybuddyinc, troutbum97, Natedog, Kingcobb, usernamealreadytaken, t206fanatic, asoriano, rsdill2, hatchetman325, cobbcobb13, dbfirstman, Blunder19, Scott L. ,Eggoman, ncinin, vintagewhitesox, aloondilana, btcarfagno, ZiggerZagger, blametony, shammus, Kris19, brewing, rootsearcher60, Pat R , sportscardpete , Leon , OriolesHOF , Gobucsmagic74, Pilot172000, Chesbro41, scmavl,t206kid,3-2-count,GoldenAge50s