NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Default Curse of the Georgia Peach....

Posted By: honus3415

Obvoiusly Greg doesn't want the card and others would like to see it.

Might I be so bold as to put to Greg and the board a possible solution for the "Curse of the Georgia Peach".

With Greg's and the boards consent I would like to propose making a monthly contest on the board out of PSA serial #11842210 ( alias SCG xxxxxxxxxx, GAI XXXXXXXXX).

Here's my thought...

Initially Greg will initiate a thread on November 1. The Cobb in PSA holder will be listed for trade (trade only).

Over the course ot he next month board members will be allowed to offer for trade any slabbed vintage item by posting a scan of their item (bid). One post per member only, posted item should have value of at least $250 and all scans must be of a reasonable size.

At the end of the month (the new months "Buy/Sell/Trade" thread would close offers) the final thread in that month's post would be - which item the current holder accepts in exchange.

The new month's contest begins.
Last month's items exchanges hands.
The circle begins again.

All trades would be final, feedback given and everyone would have an equal chance to experience the "Curse of the Georgia Peach".

I know there are some finer points (like no T206's) but those could be worked out over the next couple of weeks.

Any thoughts?????

Old 10-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I personally would love this card,,,why don't you offer to buy it ? Why the trade route? I think the card is a great value,,,even with it's checkered past,,,how else would a poor man like me be able to buy a card like this...I think Greg can do whatever he wants with it,,,he can keep it , sell it to whomever he wants, etc...i think we tend to get involved in stuff thats none of our business,,,why would he except some silly trade for this card? Because some people want to devalue his card?

Old 10-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad Freeman

Old 10-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: honus3415

Brad, that's one nice Georgia Peach...thanks for sharing.

Tim-
By all means it is Greg's card and in no way was I suggesting he accept anything he doesn't think is fair compensation. We might be suprised what would be offered for a month with the "Cursed Georgia Peach". I apologize to Greg if he is offended by my proposal and anyone else that thought this thread was anything more than an attempt to make a positive out of a unpleasent situtation.

Sorry

Old 10-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: FatBoy

I thought it was a great idea, I'd bid too.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Mayer

it was a great idea, whatever,,,if it's such a good idea, put up your own card,,,geez...I never heard Greg say he want to trade his card,,,it's like me looking in your wallet and deciding what you should spend your money on....

Old 10-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: FatBoy

Tim,

Other people can decide all they want what I should spend the money in my wallet on, but as with Greg.....I'm the judge, jury and executioner.