NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM
J3ff Thr0m

Default T206 Plank Auction

I had a small bet with a coworker that this one would match or surpass it's previous sale of $107K.....

http://www.gregbussineauauctions.com...ventoryid=7409

Didn't come close.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 AM
D@ve R1cks

Possibly because nobody knew about it? I've been on this board for a couple years and have never even heard of that auction site.

It's too bad - looking at the final prices on some of those cards, there were some great deals to be had!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus94566 View Post
Possibly because nobody knew about it? I've been on this board for a couple years and have never even heard of that auction site.

It's too bad - looking at the final prices on some of those cards, there were some great deals to be had!
The one company I have called about advertising on our site is Bussineau because what they sell is precisely what we talk about all day, every day. It would be an absolute no brainer for them to make exponentially more than their investment. They weren't interested .
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Scott

i have purchased from Greg many times, always VERY happy
Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
i have purchased from Greg many times, always VERY happy
Yes, as a buyer. What about as a seller?

Barring a larger auction house, it might have gotten better word of mouth on the BST. And straight transaction -- no juice.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Leon I skimmed through the auction - had I known this was going on I would have raised the bids by at least $1000 - their loss..

Also - I was surprised the topic starter for the t206 plank wasn't someone else

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
Leon I skimmed through the auction - had I known this was going on I would have raised the bids by at least $1000 - their loss..

Also - I was surprised the topic starter for the t206 plank wasn't someone else
I am biased of course, but honestly couldn't believe a company would be so narrow sighted as to not understand where their customers are. You can lead a horse to water......
Old 07-26-2013, 09:42 AM
J0n Fu.ld

Beautiful card
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Barry Sloate

The centering wasn't great with that thin top border. Not a high end 5 by any means (maybe a nice 4).
Old 07-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

I have won a few items from Greg, I was surprised that he didn't advertise on here.

Next Plank is up. HA.com
Old 07-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i have not heard of this either...I know i would of made a few biids.
Like 52 Mays Bowman, Clemente RC and even the Cobb (red portrait)
Some nice pieces to been had
Old 07-26-2013, 09:59 AM
J3ff Thr0m

I've been watching that Heritage one too.....it's a beautiful card.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Christopher Cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thromdog View Post
I had a small bet with a coworker that this one would match or surpass it's previous sale of $107K.....
Just to confirm, did you win or lose the bet? Can't tell with 100% certainty from the statement above exactly which side you took.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Jerry

[QUOTE=atx840;1163161]I have won a few items from Greg, I was surprised that he didn't advertise on here.

I agree. I've been buying from Greg since he ran Superior back in the mid to late 90s. Always has great vintage cards in his auctions. I wonder why he doesn't advertise here??
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Bill Gregory

http://www.gregbussineau.com/item.php?item=569

Drool...

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
The centering wasn't great with that thin top border. Not a high end 5 by any means (maybe a nice 4).
+1 on that Plank as a 5.

Greg is a very nice person who has some great auctions. I too was unaware of him a few years ago. I also must admit I forget about his auctions from time to time only to say ughhh I would have bought that!

With that said he has a great business going it seems and has some of the nicer stuff for sale.

The Heritage is a very nice card for a 350, I'm happy with my Planks but still would like to find an EX or better 150.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-26-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:46 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Greg is leaving money for himself and his consigners on the table, by not reaching the biggest buyers of this stuff. I'm small, (by comparison) to a lot of guys, but I still spend a grand or two every month, sometimes more. Bad business. Dave. ps I would have been a bidder on some if I had known.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 PM
ΛLβΞℜ₮

whataahh disaster... enuff sed!

aL
Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Tony N.

Default Plank

One would think that in today's card market, it would be pretty tough to have a T206 Plank in that grade kind of fly under the radar.

Based on the ending price, it obviously did. Sucks for the consignor, great deal for the buyer. Maybe it will pop up for resale pretty soon?

Tony
Old 07-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Joe M.

They have been around a long time. Probabably do not think they need the extra advertising. Maybe they should re think.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 07-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
sexy

Not sure how much advertising is on here but with the forum ranking high on most Google "hobby related" searches, having a massive banner sounds like a smart ROI.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
sexy

Not sure how much advertising is on here but with the forum ranking high on most Google "hobby related" searches, having a massive banner sounds like a smart ROI.
When I spoke to whomever it was at their office I told them I could all but guarantee they would reap many, many times their investment. Our most expensive ad is $450 a month....and they go down to $150, with a one month minimum. Nah, they probably wouldn't have made that much back.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:55 PM

Wow surprised they don't want to advertise here and many haven't heard or just forgot about them..... I remember bidding from them pre internet via SCD... I think I may have even won an item or two from them...so they have been around a long time.

Ricky Y
Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Matt Hall

I don't know why they changed their name from Legacy. I think their auctions were easier to find back then. I keep up with their auctions to see if there is anything I want, but it does require a significant amount of effort as they don't seem to advertise at all.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:34 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Is this the outfit that used to be called "Superior Sportscards"? Or were they a different company?
Old 07-26-2013, 04:42 PM

Like any other auction, if you register with them, you will get many emails in regards to their auctions. I have bid with them for many years and got several automated emails to alert me to this auction as I am sure did most of the older collectors who would have been on one of the three different companies lists.

I would suggest a visit to Old Cardboard as well as PSA and SGC websites and Register with many of these auctions, even if they do not currently have an auction going.

Whether the Plank would have brought more is pure speculation, it's a weak 5 at best and it the typical washed out 350 series. The 150's are so much nicer and do not appear nearly as often. In fact as John is wishing for one nicer than EX, the only one in Card Target's data is an SGC 70. All the others 5/EX or higher are 350's.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Banned

My guess is the timing of this auction (ending a week before the National, aka "Nationals") might have impacted perceived lower prices than the lack of a banner ad. This auction house consistently realizes strong results and always seems to have an impressive catalog. (For the record, I don't think I've ever purchased an item from them, but I also don't think I've ever not known about one of their auctions.)
Old 07-26-2013, 04:54 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Greg is leaving money for himself and his consigners on the table, by not reaching the biggest buyers of this stuff. I'm small, (by comparison) to a lot of guys, but I still spend a grand or two every month, sometimes more. Bad business. Dave. ps I would have been a bidder on some if I had known.
Greg is doing just fine no need to be over dramatic.

While this forum is a fun part of our hobby as well as a place I enjoy visiting. It is by no means the end all be all of our hobby, the players and the market as a whole.

I think all these forums and their members sometimes take themselves a bit too serious. In fact it's a common running joke amongst auction houses that the bulk of any forum members talk a big game and never bid…basically saying that for the most part forums and their members could boycott them and they would be just fine.

Could a banner ad add value to his business sure I don’t see how it could hurt. However to think it’s a game changer and will bring so called huge unknown players to the block...I think that’s a stretch.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Scott there is a PSA 7 granted I think it's trimmed but it's still one heck of a SC150. Then you are correct...it goes a few EX, a few VGEX then VG and down and that's about of the 150's I know of. I have heard rumor of a EX+ raw one...but who knows...

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-26-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
My guess is the timing of this auction (ending a week before the National, aka "Nationals") might have impacted perceived lower prices than the lack of a banner ad. This auction house consistently realizes strong results and always seems to have an impressive catalog. (For the record, I don't think I've ever purchased an item from them, but I also don't think I've ever not known about one of their auctions.)

The fact that several board members have said, in this thread, that they didn't know about the auction, and had they known about it they would have placed bids, leads me to believe a banner ad would have impacted sales.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Paul Stewart

They may not have done advertising with this forum, but I bet they do better in their next auction because of this thread!!! Now that is good. "Well played Mauer"!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
The fact that several board members have said, in this thread, that they didn't know about the auction, and had they known about it they would have placed bids, leads me to believe a banner ad would have impacted sales.
Maybe, maybe not. If a Net54 member was prepared to bid at or more than what some cards sold for, then sure that person would have made a difference. If the only bids he was going to place were at the opening or for half of market value, then I doubt he would have impacted results all that much.

There are plenty of dealers out there -- who don't rely on banner ads to know when major auctions houses are doing business -- who place plenty of bids at lower and middle levels to ensure most lots aren't going to be absolute steals. Auction houses don't need Net54 members to place those bids.

I can say that I placed $10,000 in bids in an auction, which sounds impressive, but the reality could be that I didn't impact the selling prices one bit.

I'll stand my guess that serious buyers know when major auctions hold their sales. And the fact that this particular auction wasn't helped by its timing.

That being said, I think if this auction house spent $150 a month with you, it would be a fantastic win-win for both sides.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Scott

Default Ummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Maybe, maybe not. If a Net54 member was prepared to bid at or more than what some cards sold for, then sure that person would have made a difference. If the only bids he was going to place were at the opening or for half of market value, then I doubt he would have impacted results all that much.

There are plenty of dealers out there -- who don't rely on banner ads to know when major auctions houses are doing business -- who place plenty of bids at lower and middle levels to ensure most lots aren't going to be absolute steals. Auction houses don't need Net54 members to place those bids.

I can say that I placed $10,000 in bids in an auction, which sounds impressive, but the reality could be that I didn't impact the selling prices one bit.

I'll stand my guess that serious buyers know when major auctions hold their sales. And the fact that this particular auction wasn't helped by its timing.

That being said, I think if this auction house spent $150 a month with you, it would be a fantastic win-win for both sides.

....anyone who is anyone (whales included) are on net54....

It has also, attracted a good amount of PSA Board members who leave that site for greener pastures....

This is the place to see and been seen....

It's starts with the moderators who are active, fair, watchful......

So it seems clear, that if an Auction house wanted to find its ideal customer, they don't have to look past this site..simple

Last edited by ScottFandango; 07-26-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:16 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
....anyone who is anyone (whales included) are on net54....
Meant with no disrespect to Net54 members, Net54 or Leon and the fellow moderators, I respectfully disagree with the above statement Scott.

The hobby is much bigger and there are many, many collectors with amazing collections who are not on here, further more many of them are not even that aware of our little playroom in cyberspace.

Once again I feel we really tend to simplify the hobby, its collectors and place them into our box when its simply not the case.

Cheers,

John
Old 07-26-2013, 07:22 PM

John,

While most Harris cards are suspect, this Plank is obviously wider than normal and does not appear short top to bottom. I would want to see this one in person to make a final determination, as the overall size is very close to my 150 Plank. Very nice bold blue, but the L/R centering is distracting to me.

Quote:
Greg is doing just fine no need to be over dramatic.

While this forum is a fun part of our hobby as well as a place I enjoy visiting. It is by no means the end all be all of our hobby, the players and the market as a whole.

I think all these forums and their members sometimes take themselves a bit too serious. In fact it's a common running joke amongst auction houses that the bulk of any forum members talk a big game and never bid…basically saying that for the most part forums and their members could boycott them and they would be just fine.

Could a banner ad add value to his business sure I don’t see how it could hurt. However to think it’s a game changer and will bring so called huge unknown players to the block...I think that’s a stretch.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Scott there is a PSA 7 granted I think it's trimmed but it's still one heck of a SC150. Then you are correct...it goes a few EX, a few VGEX then VG and down and that's about of the 150's I know of. I have heard rumor of a EX+ raw one...but who knows...

Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Scott, agree. Also agree a lot of the Harris cards can be something to review close.

I made the comment on this certain card due to its history and past owner Copeland. Who was the unfortunate end owner of many a trimmed card back in the day due to his thirst for cherry cards and the dealers who prayed on that thirst.

Cheers,

John
Old 07-27-2013, 05:23 AM

Wow. that went for cheap, even if it might be a "weak" 5. i got one or two emails from them, but not the typical "5 hours left...4 hours left...3 hours left, etc." (which are annoying BTW). but there should be a happy medium. Goldin sends out WAY too many emails on the other end of the spectrum (it's like, yes, i get it, your auction is closing, but i don't need 11 emails about it.)...but with this auction, there wasn't enough emails. in hind-sight, this might have been a piece that i would have tried convincing my wife that we "need" to invest in. this PSA 5 Plank will sell for double in 3-5 years from now, mark my words.

i have a funny feeling the HA PSA 3 Plank might go for close to as much as this one, higher profile auction, plus live auction, there might be some fireworks over it.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:37 AM

Default Mvsnyc

+1
Old 07-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Scott

Default John

Quote:
Meant with no disrespect to Net54 members, Net54 or Leon and the fellow moderators, I respectfully disagree with the above statement Scott.

The hobby is much bigger and there are many, many collectors with amazing collections who are not on here, further more many of them are not even that aware of our little playroom in cyberspace.

Once again I feel we really tend to simplify the hobby, its collectors and place them into our box when its simply not the case.

Cheers,

John

You are assuming they need to "post" to be here....

Many many people look at this site and never sign up or post...I know several..

If you google info about cards, many times a link to this site comes up...it's not hard to find this place, one can almost stumble upon it....

This is basically SGC' s message board and PSA's second board....

Just look at the monthly pickup threads and the amount of views....

We collect cardboard...there aren't that many people in the world that do this...eventually most serious collectors DO FIND THIS PLACE....

You did
Old 07-27-2013, 06:08 AM

Yeah, but Wonka's not a "serious collector."

Old 07-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

If you google info about cards, many times a link to this site comes up...it's not hard to find this place, one can almost stumble upon it....

We collect cardboard...there aren't that many people in the world that do this...eventually most serious collectors DO FIND THIS PLACE....

You did
Actually I think both you and Wonka are correct. I think there are a lot of whales not signed up for this site that read it every day, religiously. I also think there are quite a few that probably don't read it. But to the first point, anyone that has stayed at our table at the National for very long will know what I am talking about. And I do think that most serious collectors, on the internet, know about our site. But concerning the whole discussion surrounded not knowing about the auction in question. You would have to be a bumbling idiot not to think advertising here wouldn't have helped that auction (collectively, I don't know about the Plank in particular), especially after reading this thread.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 AM

Default Plank psa 5

Is anyone interested in buying this card?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyp View Post
Is anyone interested in buying this card?
never mind.

Last edited by Leon; 07-27-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:34 PM

I'd be interested in buying the Cobb bat off SGC 60 from that auction, if the buyer is selling. I can't say that I would've won it, but had I known about this auction I would've bumped it up a few hundo.

Last edited by CW; 07-27-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:51 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:

You did
Not assuming anything Scott I know of countless collectors and collections that have no part of any website in fact some of these folks hardly use the Internet let alone chat board.

Scott I can assure you that you are the person assuming a bit. As you said "everyone who is anyone knows of this place". Did I find Net54 yes but years after I built the bulk of my collection and I'm also a daily computer user.

There are also lots of collectors/investors who drop huge coin with auction houses who are not a part of this board. I think you would be shocked if we asked say a Lifson, Goldin, Allen, Goodwin how much of their overall business is tied to Net54 members I can bet you good money that the percentage is very low.

Example I spend quite a bit each year on art, illustration art etc. I'm sure there is a forum somewhere but I don't know about. I wonder in that place if their members are saying everyone who collects this stuff knows of this place.....

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-27-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

John, while I agree with most of what you say I think you would be very surprised by the amount of money our board members spend in auctions. I politely disagree with your assessment. I think it's far more than you think. Actually, I am fairly sure of it, just going by our members list and who I have spoken to about our forum. Not all members post or want to be publicly known. I think you would be surprised. And the people that aren't members but read the forum is quite large too. I have personally spoken with a handful of hobby whales who aren't registered but read the board every day.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Leon, no doubt there are members who are very active in the hobby but not active on the board per say. However to say that if you're not on here your not really in the hobby is a bit naive. Not only the old timers but many of the hobby's biggest purchases have been made from folks outside the hobby investors etc. not all of those folks know of this place nor would they flock here if they did.

Look I like Net54, and other chat boards as much as the next guy but they are not the driving force behind this hobby and if Net54 and the banner ads went away overnight theses guys would still be selling cards and lots of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

John
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Leon, no doubt there are members who are very active in the hobby but not active on the board per say. However to say that if you're not on here your not really in the hobby is a bit naive. Not only the old timers but many of the hobby's biggest purchases have been made from folks outside the hobby investors etc. not all of those folks know of this place nor would they flock here if they did.

Look I like Net54, and other chat boards as much as the next guy but they are not the driving force behind this hobby and if Net54 and the banner ads went away overnight theses guys would still be selling cards and lots of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

John
Where did I ever say if you aren't on the board you aren't in the hobby? That sounds crazy. I would never say that.
Of course all of the auctions would still have sales if there were no Net54baseball at all. The point is though, they probably make more sales and or get higher prices, at least sometimes, because of the ads. To think differently would be very naive indeed. Just look at the several responses in this thread alone. They would have bid in the auction had they known about it...and if that company advertised on this board those members would have known.
Do you really think these advertisers would be advertising if they didn't think they get a good ROI? You think they are throwing their hard earned money away? And some of them have been doing it for over 5 yrs straight. There is a reason. And of course, if they didn't advertise they would still get sales. They just get potentially more sales and higher prices, and maybe a few more consignments because of them.

Last edited by Leon; 07-27-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Matt Hall

I heard from an auction house that some of their bidders don't even have email addresses, so I'm assuming they aren't members here. with that being said, what is probably the best collections ever assembled belong to hand full of people that are members here, they even post from time to time.

I don't think that plank could have been helped by advertising here, but I do think many lots could be helped by a few things. Like maybe not changing the name of your company every few years. I'd say I miss at least half of his auctions. All of his emails end up in my spam folder. That doesn't happen to any other AH. His auctions just seem a bit more low key. Definitely more low-key around here. I have never seen a Greg Bussineau pick up thread.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 PM
J3ff Thr0m

Wow, my intent in initially posting this thread was simply about the Plank itself but its turned into a great discussion. My 2 cents as a low scale card hobbyist....
1. The Plank, even as a low 5, still seems undervalued and the buyer got a good deal.....which means the seller (gets 63k) likely got hosed considering it sold for roughly 90k last go round....which leads to.....
2. This auction house should be advertising everywhere hobbyists visit. If for no other reason then to do everything for his client who has trusted the house to do whatever possible to get bids and every dollar available. That includes advertising and email campaigns. I've registered at 2 houses just from seeing banners here on net54.
3. I found this auction by proactively googling "Plank t206 for sale". Considering time spent online searching boards, etc, I shouldn't have had to do that.
4. If you are consigning some of your collection, would you hand your stuff over to a house that people have said "man, there was some good prices on stuff over there....who is he"? That would probably be a red flag.

Anyway, I'll be watching for Greg's fall collection. Good site, some interesting stuff.....
Old 07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Leon, didn't say you said that it was Scott who made the comment "anyone who is anyone is on this board".

Leon no need to be defensive about your business model. I'm not asking you to justify the merit of why someone would advertise on net54 I can see the value for some folks.

My discussion here was more that not everyone who is a collector, investor or has a nice collection is a member of Net54 or any other forum nor do they have to be. Saying something like "anyone who is anyone is a member" I felt was naive and uninformed. I think you would agree perhaps not.

In terms of ROI with costs of $150-450 bucks a month for an ad it's hardly about ROI. If anything it's more about PR. Those numbers for any auction house worth a salt ends up as a rounding error not a serious investment in advertising with ROI concerns IMO.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I think saying that anyone who doesn't see the value in advertising on here is a bumbling idiot, isn't the best way to win them over as a customer. Obviously Greg feels he can pass on placing ads hardly makes the man a bumbling idiot just a potential future customer.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-27-2013 at 11:50 PM.