NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 03-30-2023, 05:25 PM

There is a lot of information available to you about the role of plastics, plastics manufacturing and plastics in the ocean and their relation to climate change. These articles would be a better source. You can choose the one you trust.

Last edited by packs; 03-30-2023 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:28 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

If the left really cared about climate change, instead of lining their pockets, they would reduce the population. That is the only way the world will survive. No koom-by-ah, no green energy , no vegan living is going to stop 8 BILLION, that's 8,000,000,000 people from destroying the earth. There is no enough resources, and certainly not enough organic, non processed hippie dippy granola to sustain the population. They need the votes to keep themselves employed, so you wont see this mentioned anywhere. Aside from likely some conspiracy websites

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-30-2023, 05:33 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
There is a lot of information available to you about plastics in the ocean and their role in climate change.
So, no would be your answer then? You have never heard of Boyan Slat, correct?

Again, in you own words, tell me how this has anything to do with global warming and why we should all be paying a carbon tax to fight it?

Greg is 100% right in saying our plastic waste is being outsourced to these 3rd world countries. Why do you suppose that isn't being talked about or shown on MSM?
Old 03-30-2023, 05:34 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
If the left really cared about climate change, instead of lining their pockets, they would reduce the population. That is the only way the world will survive. No koom-by-ah, no green energy , no vegan living is going to stop 8 BILLION, that's 8,000,000,000 people from destroying the earth. There is no enough resources, and certainly not enough organic, non processed hippie dippy granola to sustain the population. They need the votes to keep themselves employed, so you wont see this mentioned anywhere. Aside from likely some conspiracy websites
I've been told its not about money, and to follow the dollars is crazy. Remind me how much their radical Green New Deal costs?
Old 03-30-2023, 05:42 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
So, no would be your answer then? You have never heard of Boyan Slat, correct?

Again, in you own words, tell me how this has anything to do with global warming and why we should all be paying a carbon tax to fight it?

Greg is 100% right in saying our plastic waste is being outsourced to these 3rd world countries. Why do you suppose that isn't being talked about or shown on MSM?
She is a popular search because of all the silly memes that have been made of her.

Boyan Slat on the other hand I have seen a lot of and he was/is part of Adadis making shoes out of the plastic being recycled. As a Nike fan I know they are also making shoes out of the recycled material but do not know if Boyan is part of that project. Boyan was also on Joe Rogan.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
There is a lot of information available to you about the role of plastics, plastics manufacturing and plastics in the ocean and their relation to climate change. These articles would be a better source. You can choose the one you trust.
Who is putting the vast majority of plastics into the ocean? It isn’t the pick up truck driving church going gun loving Orange Menace voting Deplorables.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23 meme.jpg (35.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-30-2023, 08:54 PM
D@le Irv*n

NEW: Attorney General Eric Schmitt testifies that his lawsuit, along with the Twitter Files, revealed a massive coordinated effort by Federal Agencies and the Biden Administration to effectively coerce social media companies to censor American citizens.
https://twitter.com/TexasLindsay_/st...Cx_bmj8MctAAAA
Old 03-30-2023, 09:25 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
And, what exactly does that have to do with global warming?

Ever heard of this kid? Ever seen him on the news, ever see the news show you how much progress he's made and the difference he is making? I'm going to assume no to all of it and then ask you why?
Why isn't he popular, why isn't he being hailed a hero and a true environmentalist like Greta is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I've been told its not about money, and to follow the dollars is crazy. Remind me how much their radical Green New Deal costs?
You guys are funny. Not intentionally of course.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:34 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
So Republicans want to outlaw abortion, but it’s the Liberals trying to increase population? Got it
Old 03-31-2023, 05:13 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
So Republicans want to outlaw abortion, but it’s the Liberals trying to increase population? Got it

Never said increasing, I said they won't acknowledge what is causing the lack of resources. That would make people feel good inside. They could brand as some save the planet and let your neighbor live their life campaign.

Republicans might need the labor force? Just a guess. I'd have to assume they are just follow some old timey religion...trying to keep some out dated voters. It never made sense to me why else anyone would be against freedom of choice.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-31-2023, 06:25 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Nope, been retired for close to a decade now.

Taking the vaccine WAS a choice. It was also known upfront there would be no way to sue anyone. So NO you should not be able to sue anyone over the vaccine no matter how many ambulance chasing lawyers want to make money off it.
Define choice, i dont think people who thought they would lose their jobs if not take vaccine would say thats a choice, people who needed to travel to take care of sick people in their family and were only allowed to travel based on taking the vaccine is not a choice. Saying 'choice' and implying it only means one thing for everyone is problematic.. You choose to pay taxes as well and be law abiding.. afterall thats a choice too....at least not forced to take vaccine on that..

true choice means no consequences...you can vote for whoever you want and you dont risk travel or losing your job....taking or not taking the vaccine was not true choice

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-31-2023 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2023, 06:28 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Define choice, i dont think people who thought they would lose their jobs if not take vaccine would say thats a choice, people who needed to travel to take care of sick people in their family and were only allowed to travel based on taking the vaccine is not a choice. Saying 'choice' and implying it only means one thing for everyone is problematic.. You choose to pay taxes as well and be law abiding.. afterall thats a choice too....at least not forced to take vaccine on that..
LOL, you seriously don't comprehend what the word choice means or is it just another one of you very obvious troll posts?
Old 03-31-2023, 06:44 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
You guys are funny. Not intentionally of course.
What I find funny is you and a few others have zero to say about Fauci, your corrupt govt, the censorship, the lies and the complicity of social media, MSM, the CDC, the FDA, the FBI, the DOJ, etc, in all of this.
People's lives were destroyed, people died unnecessarily, people were forced into taking the vaccines, doing things against their wishes but nary a word about any of that from any of you.
And the fact they are still pushing these vaccines on the people and continuing to lie right to your faces,,,,, crickets, nothing but crickets, but OMG, look over there, it's a climate crisis, or any other drummed up Democratic lie.

You know when the brainwashing and reconditioning is complete when you no longer believe your own eyes and ears and have nothing to say about any of that.
Old 03-31-2023, 07:04 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
LOL, you seriously don't comprehend what the word choice means or is it just another one of you very obvious troll posts?
basically you saying 'choice' is like saying 'for guns' you are obvious trolling

it was not a true choice and you know it..
Old 03-31-2023, 08:12 AM
Ben North

Quote:
basically you saying 'choice' is like saying 'for guns' you are obvious trolling

it was not a true choice and you know it..
WOW a post you did not have to edit multiple times, I am so proud of you.

Life is full of choices, those choices all have consequences. Adding all your 3rd grade if's and but's don't mean it is not a choice.
Old 03-31-2023, 09:43 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:

Life is full of choices, those choices all have consequences. Adding all your 3rd grade if's and but's don't mean it is not a choice.
You are rendering the definition of the word "choice" meaningless. It's like saying I have the choice to murder 5 people...... if I'm willing to spend the rest of my natural life in prison and then burn in hell.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:05 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

People had the choice not to take the “vaccine” - or be fired and unemployable elsewhere.

People have the choice to get an abortion - by traveling out of state or committing a crime.

In a sense every single action ever taken in the history of humanity is a choice - no matter how bleak you can always make a different choice. Of course laws, violence, pressure and economic devastation are handy tools to ensure only one choice is actually viable.

I liked when the left was AGAINST big corporate dictating intimate and personal decisions and making them for you. That disappeared with the snap of a finger.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:06 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
You are rendering the definition of the word "choice" meaningless. It's like saying I have the choice to murder 5 people...... if I'm willing to spend the rest of my natural life in prison and then burn in hell.
You really do have that choice though. Making that choice has the consiquenses of possibly life in prison. Doesn't make it any less of a choice. Smart people take the possible consiquenses into account when making choices.

If the vaccine wasn't a choice please name one person that was held down and forced to take it. I know I have not heard of anyone physically being forced to take it.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:09 AM
Ben North

Talking

Quote:
People had the choice not to take the “vaccine” - or be fired and unemployable elsewhere.

People have the choice to get an abortion - by traveling out of state or committing a crime.

In a sense every single action ever taken in the history of humanity is a choice - no matter how bleak you can always make a different choice. Of course laws, violence, pressure and economic devastation are handy tools to ensure only one choice is actually viable.

I liked when the left was AGAINST big corporate dictating intimate and personal decisions and making them for you. That disappeared with the snap of a finger.
The bold part is exactly how I see life. Pick what is the best for you with the known consequences.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:40 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
The bold part is exactly how I see life. Pick what is the best for you with the known consequences.
That part makes your original argument pointless though - if it is still a choice when coerced then we don’t really have have much of a meaningful choice. If threats and punishment to dictate a choice is acceptable, because one can still respond with defiance and suffer the consequences, then there’s no boundary at all. A state run on a coercion is choice philosophy is totalitarian.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:24 AM
Michael

Quote:
There was a well documented time in earth's history, the life of this planet, where CO2 was quite a bit higher than what it is today, but, of course, that is never talked about. There were also a few times when this planet was also much warmer than what it is today, but, of course, that is also not talked about either.
CO2 is injected into many greenhouses throughout the world because it is beneficial to the plants, crops and the like. If it were, CO2, as high now as it was back then, then our crops, forests, etc, would all be thriving more than they currently are now. The Medieval warming period was known as a time of prosper, a time of good things filled with abundance, but, of course, that is not talked about either and they, the alarmists/grifters would like that removed from our history books.
Yes, CO2 levels and temperatures were higher in the past, as talked about here:

https://earth.org/data_visualization...istory-of-co2/

According to the link, the last time the CO2 level was as high as it is today (around 400 ppm) was around 20 million years ago. The temperature at that time is estimated to have been around 6 to 8 C warmer than the 1960-1990 average.

In regards to the MWP, here's a link:

https://skepticalscience.com/medieval-warm-period.htm

"Overall, our conclusions are:

a) Globally temperatures are warmer than they have been during the last 2,000 years, and

b) the causes of Medieval warming are not the same as those causing late 20th century warming."
Old 03-31-2023, 11:24 AM
Michael

double posted

Last edited by AustinMike; 03-31-2023 at 12:40 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 03-31-2023, 12:03 PM
Ben North

Quote:
That part makes your original argument pointless though - if it is still a choice when coerced then we don’t really have have much of a meaningful choice. If threats and punishment to dictate a choice is acceptable, because one can still respond with defiance and suffer the consequences, then there’s no boundary at all. A state run on a coercion is choice philosophy is totalitarian.
Ok so it is only a choice when we get to choose flavor of ice cream we like best as long as there is zero consequences from that choice. Sounds about correct for this thread.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:40 PM
Michael

Quote:
Ok so it is only a choice when we get to choose flavor of ice cream we like best as long as there is zero consequences from that choice. Sounds about correct for this thread.
Yeah, and we live in a totalitarian country.

I'm forced by the government to drive below certain speeds or face the consequence.
I'm forced by the government to not drive after drinking copious amounts of alcohol or face the consequence.
I'm forced by the government to pay for stuff at stores or face the consequence.
I'm forced by the government to pay taxes or face the consequence.
Etc.
Etc.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:55 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post

I'm forced by the government to drive below certain speeds or face the consequence.
I'm forced by the government to not drive after drinking copious amounts of alcohol or face the consequence.
I'm forced by the government to pay for stuff at stores or face the consequence.
Etc.
Etc.
What does that do to the concept of someone being "pro-choice?" By Ben's logic, everyone always has a choice, no matter what laws are passed.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:15 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:

Again there are minor and there are major consequences...

most people would agree there were major consequences if you did not take the vaccine that you could not sue if you got sick.....

and yes, there should be major rational consequences for some choices..you can choose to do a crime but you go to jail....but you were not steered to doing the crime..

people were steered to having the shot and if not there were consequences..

saying you had a choice is trolling......we always have a 'choice' in anything in life in terms of deciding options...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-31-2023 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:17 PM
Ben North

Quote:

most people would agree there were major consequences if you did not take the vaccine that you could not sue if you got sick.....

and yes, there should be major rational consequences for some choices..you can choose to do a crime but you go to jail....but you were not steered to doing the crime..

saying you had a choice is trolling......we always have a 'choice' in anything in life in terms of deciding options...
Do you need more time to edit again before I answer?
Old 03-31-2023, 01:19 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
You really do have that choice though. Making that choice has the consiquenses of possibly life in prison. Doesn't make it any less of a choice. Smart people take the possible consiquenses into account when making choices.

If the vaccine wasn't a choice please name one person that was held down and forced to take it. I know I have not heard of anyone physically being forced to take it.

so being held down and forced to take it is your definition of no choice....losing your job and pension potentially is a TOTALLY free choice, people NEVER make 'choices' to protect their family even though normally they would choose to go another way if not for their family....

you know some rape victims were told since not held down they had a choice...after all they were not held down.....even though they may of been threatened to lose their job (if was an employer) which may prevent them for supporting their kids etc.. the difference here is at least rape victims could Sue....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-31-2023 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:22 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Do you need more time to edit again before I answer?
answer or troll....we shall see......i edit posts pretty quickly..not sure what you getting at...if you live on the keyboard maybe you respond before any edits...thats your 'choice'.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:23 PM
Ben North

Quote:
so being held down and forced to take it is your definition of no choice....losing your job and pension potentially is a TOTALLY free choice, people NEVER make 'choices' to protect their family even though normally they would choose to go another way if not for their family....

you know some rape victims were told since not held down they had a choice...after all they were not held down.....even though they may of been threatened to lose their job (if was an employer) which may prevent them for supporting their kids etc.. the difference here is at least rape victims could Sue....
LOL, can't you post something and leave it or is it really that horrible you NEED to FIX it.

Now you are comparing getting a vaccine to rape.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:28 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
LOL, can't you post something and leave it or is it really that horrible you NEED to FIX it.

Now you are comparing getting a vaccine to rape.
i really just add a sentence on edit..rarely anything is deleted...

i like how you dont address the premise, guess you out of luck unless wish to argue there was choice in both of those situations since not held down..

EDited by adding the word 'in'....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-31-2023 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:35 PM
Ben North

Quote:
i really just add a sentence on edit..rarely anything is deleted...

i like how you dont address the premise, guess you out of luck unless wish to argue there was choice in both of those situations since not held down..

EDited by adding the word 'in'....
Seriously what kind of loser brings rape into a Covid thread. Done responding to the troll. Bye Bye Falicia!
Old 03-31-2023, 01:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Seriously what kind of loser brings rape into a Covid thread. Done responding to the troll. Bye Bye Falicia!
you are the troll obviously. i gave a real example of someone not forced down but i argued does not have a choice.(however at least you can sue in that situation and not with the vaccine)..you are mister everyone had a choice with the vaccine. It appears you can not defend the position, even with your trolling.. I also love how it appears everything is on topic on this 'covid thread'

I also can come up with many more examples of not being forced down but having no choice, you were the one that brought in the physical element in play for not having a choice 'being forced down' etc. I would argue thats a flawed argument and you are afraid to defend it even with a troll post..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-31-2023 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:26 PM
Ben North

See guys I just showed you a choice. A horrible choice by interacting with Jake that I truly apologize for you all having to read it but a choice none the less.

I do believe there are things in life that we truly do not have a choice in but getting the vaccine is/was not one of them.

I do get what you all say about losing your job for not getting the vaccine as my wife had to make that choice.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:30 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
See guys I just showed you a choice. A horrible choice by interacting with Jake that I truly apologize for you all having to read it but a choice none the less.

I do believe there are things in life that we truly do not have a choice in but getting the vaccine is/was not one of them.

I do get what you all say about losing your job for not getting the vaccine as my wife had to make that choice.
a troll would say....

plus, all the factors were not the same for everyone..some had less choice then others..the fact is this burden was placed on EVERYONE, thus i would argue for large amount of people they had no real choice....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-31-2023 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:23 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
No. Your posted argument that, because a person can choose to suffer the consequences or break the law, there was a choice and thus it is acceptable justifies every single action in history. If the use of punishment, force, and severe consequence does not eliminate choice (by which everyone else means realistic choices), than every atrocity in history passes your test.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:27 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post

Etc.
Etc.
If the argument is that anything the state says or chooses to punish is okay because you can choose to break the law and suffer the consequences (which is what was said), we are justifying every action that has ever happened because the victim has always had choice involved. Surely we can find a reasonable ground between this totalitarian philosophy that any action is okay because choice of how to respond remains (even if all the choices open are terrible) and having law, by which even most cruel societies conventionally place great limits on and consider if the actions specifically is meritous of punishment. Hence why every other poster except our resident troll is considering the actual issue and not this strongman absolutism.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:38 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:

I keep missing the part where you and others on the forum didn’t get the vaccine but were fired or thrown in jail. Are you ok now or are you still in the clink?
Old 03-31-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I keep missing the part where you and others on the forum didn’t get the vaccine but were fired or thrown in jail. Are you ok now or are you still in the clink?
Luckily I have a job where I didn’t have to get the damned thing, if my choice was get the jab or jabs or get fired I would have gotten the bare minimum of jabs.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:01 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Luckily I have a job where I didn’t have to get the damned thing, if my choice was get the jab or jabs or get fired I would have gotten the bare minimum of jabs.
You must be the exception because from this forum you would think it was jab or loss of job or prison. Meanwhile the vast majority of posters seem to not have gotten jabbed and with the exception of a few that died from covid seem to be doing just fine.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:09 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
The minimum amount of jabs was the choice my wife made. For her it was the vaccine and one booster. The company she works for works with the mentally/physically challenged. It was a company wide thing as she works in the main office for the company and never sees any of their clients.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:16 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
So if law is fine for you, doesnt matter how it impacts people who have less job choices...impacts all races including minorities.. People that collect baseball cards and have 100s or 1000s in their collection is not exactly a large sample size to make your big argument

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/24/10479...0many%20states.

I think we have exhausted the issue of 'choice' on this.....there are choices and there are CHOICES, however what was unique was that you could also not sue even in this forced choice scenerio and there was a denial of natural immunity and who knows what else.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-01-2023 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:33 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
So if law is fine for you, doesnt matter how it impacts people who have less job choices...impacts all races including minorities.. People that collect baseball cards and have 100s or 1000s in their collection is not exactly a large sample size to make your big argument

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/24/10479...0many%20states.

I think we have exhausted the issue of 'choice' on this.....there are choices and there are CHOICES, however what was unique was that you could also not sue even in this forced choice scenerio and there was a denial of natural immunity and who knows what else.
Just be honest about the narrative. Your article said 1% of the workforce faced a negative consequence such as a fine if they didn’t get the jab. Out of that 1% I would think many were fine with getting the jab. So you’re talking about a fraction of 1% that were impacted, some of whom could have been a minor fine. At least acknowledge those numbers when you talk about it.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:43 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
What I find funny is you and a few others have zero to say about Fauci, your corrupt govt, the censorship, the lies and the complicity of social media, MSM, the CDC, the FDA, the FBI, the DOJ, etc, in all of this.
People's lives were destroyed, people died unnecessarily, people were forced into taking the vaccines, doing things against their wishes but nary a word about any of that from any of you.
And the fact they are still pushing these vaccines on the people and continuing to lie right to your faces,,,,, crickets, nothing but crickets, but OMG, look over there, it's a climate crisis, or any other drummed up Democratic lie.

You know when the brainwashing and reconditioning is complete when you no longer believe your own eyes and ears and have nothing to say about any of that.
Quote:
Just be honest about the narrative. Your article said 1% of the workforce faced a negative consequence such as a fine if they didn’t get the jab. Out of that 1% I would think many were fine with getting the jab. So you’re talking about a fraction of 1% that were impacted, some of whom could have been a minor fine. At least acknowledge those numbers when you talk about it.
When are you going acknowledge anything I wrote above?
What they did are crimes against humanity but you seem to be OK with that?
Old 04-01-2023, 07:50 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
This is an old article and also a liberal publication. So this is the best case scenerio., show me the 'many were fine with getting the jab' out of the 1 percent you are citing and the 'minor' fine you are speak of....please be honest with your narrative

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-01-2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:54 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
heres one with 5 percent 'quitting' their jobs... im sure it was totally thier free choice...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/28/covi...vey-shows.html

also you head is in the sand if you dont think we have an employment problem with jobs to fill because of mass resignations....its one of the reasons for inflation, of course its not all covid shot mandate related, but you cant deny its a factor and the lack of finding employees is a HUGE issue.. its more than 1 percent problem. Yes, people can come back to jobs now but things happen in life and things always dont go back in reverse after major changes in life.....harm is still being felt

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/roug...last-year.html 47 million quit their jobs last year. (im sure it was all totally free choice for all of them)... how many more were fired as well..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-01-2023 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:23 AM
Michael

Quote:
If the argument is that anything the state says or chooses to punish is okay because you can choose to break the law and suffer the consequences (which is what was said), we are justifying every action that has ever happened because the victim has always had choice involved. Surely we can find a reasonable ground between this totalitarian philosophy that any action is okay because choice of how to respond remains (even if all the choices open are terrible) and having law, by which even most cruel societies conventionally place great limits on and consider if the actions specifically is meritous of punishment. Hence why every other poster except our resident troll is considering the actual issue and not this strongman absolutism.
Wow, trying to reframe the argument. No, what you said was

Quote:
I simply listed some examples of state threats to force a behavior, a behavior that some may not want to be forced to do. Which according to you is totalitarian. But, apparently, these are coercions that you find acceptable and think only a troll would bring up. But why are they acceptable to you? Why aren't they totalitarian in your opinion? I personally think they are acceptable because they are for the greater good of society. They help save peoples' lives and property.

Now the issue you raised, is forcing people to get the covid vaccine (which Ben and Carter have shown is not even true) a totalitarian move? If people were forced to get the vaccine, what would be the purpose? To save lives perhaps? To reduce the number of people requiring hospitalization? For the greater good of society? Wouldn't that make it acceptable? To me it would. Yet, you want to label it as totalitarian. Just like some people might label the speed limit laws.

Troll on.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:35 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
What does that do to the concept of someone being "pro-choice?" By Ben's logic, everyone always has a choice, no matter what laws are passed.
Abortions have been available for a long time. So yeah, that choice has been around for a long time. Unfortunately, since they were illegal, they were not necessarily easily accessible and they were not always performed by qualified people in sanitary conditions. Many times they resulted in the death or injuring of the woman. To me, the concept of "pro-choice" is to have safe, legal, easily accessible abortions available for any woman who wants to go that route.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:41 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
heres one with 5 percent 'quitting' their jobs... im sure it was totally thier free choice...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/28/covi...vey-shows.html

also you head is in the sand if you dont think we have an employment problem with jobs to fill because of mass resignations....its one of the reasons for inflation, of course its not all covid shot mandate related, but you cant deny its a factor and the lack of finding employees is a HUGE issue.. its more than 1 percent problem. Yes, people can come back to jobs now but things happen in life and things always dont go back in reverse after major changes in life.....harm is still being felt

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/roug...last-year.html 47 million quit their jobs last year. (im sure it was all totally free choice for all of them)... how many more were fired as well..
Much of what you are referring to involves private businesses. Are you saying the government should have stepped in to regulate what a private business can or cannot do? I like it!