NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Default NCAA Basketball Pool, Chase Trophy Card

Many years ago we started a net 54 NCAA bracket pool and I donated a T206 Chase trophy card as a traveling trophy to the winner every year. I think along the line someone even put it in a nice holder. Any idea on the whereabouts of this card. I do not remember any Net54 Bracket pool that offered it up lately.

Lee
Old 04-08-2019, 06:32 AM
pete ullman

Like LArge Ass...your chase has probably been absorbed into someones collection!
Old 04-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Large Ass lives behind me on my desk for now. He is going to the Texas Card Show in a few weeks and will report back. After that he will be going to the National again. He is fine and rested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large.jpg (75.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 04-08-2019, 07:08 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Large Ass lives behind me on my desk for now. He is going to the Texas Card Show in a few weeks and will report back. After that he will be going to the National again. He is fine and rested.
ya...not really the intended purpose of large ass?

If he has "retired" from travelling maybe he should be donated to the hall of fame bb card collection!

Last edited by ullmandds; 04-08-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
ya...not really the intended purpose of large ass?

If he has "retired" from travelling maybe he should be donated to the hall of fame bb card collection!
He can still travel. There are no restrictions on him. I am sure he will get on the circuit again eventually. If someone wants him now they can have him as long as they can get him back in a few weeks. He is only around 110 yrs old and isn't ready to retire quite yet.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Sorry missed Pete's first reply

Last edited by Sterling Sports Auctions; 04-08-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
He can still travel. There are no restrictions on him. I am sure he will get on the circuit again eventually. If someone wants him now they can have him as long as they can get him back in a few weeks. He is only around 110 yrs old and isn't ready to retire quite yet.

I'm never been much of a world traveler, but I sure do get a kick out of this!

I'm guessing I'm not the first person to live vicariously through a Baseball Card...

=

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-08-2019, 10:24 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
If someone wants him now they can have him as long as they can get him back in a few weeks.
It's still Spring Break in the Florida panhandle if Herzog needs some sun.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

With only 2 weeks until this show there isn't quite time. He will have some free time after April and before the National though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
It's still Spring Break in the Florida panhandle if Herzog needs some sun.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Sports Auctions View Post
Many years ago we started a net 54 NCAA bracket pool and I donated a T206 Chase trophy card as a traveling trophy to the winner every year. I think along the line someone even put it in a nice holder. Any idea on the whereabouts of this card. I do not remember any Net54 Bracket pool that offered it up lately.

Lee
Lee, I was the holder of the Chase trophy maybe 8-10 years ago and sent it off to the new winner the following season but cant speak to where is ended up beyond that. I was living in California at the time and had it on my shelf for a full year looking at me, hopefully someone didn’t just bust it out and add it to their collection.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 04-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Dan Bretta

I won it one year and never even got it because the previous winner couldn't find the time to send it to me. Not sure if that's where it ended or if they forwarded it on to the winner the following year.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Dan, That's really sad. It is amazing how things that are just meant for fun can not even be passed on. Hopefully it shows up. If I remember right someone had fixed him up pretty nice.