NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Joann

"I think what makes this country great is freedom of speech and a little kidding around with a few good laughs is good for the soul."

Well wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy? Your behavior in the other thread went way, way beyond a few laughs and good for the soul.

"Once again doll smart remark about being introduced throwing up at a party. When was the last time you were spanked? Perhaps a few taps will change your perspective and you may lighten up a little on your obvious frustrations."

First, you don't get to hide behind saying that it was all in response to attacks on you. Almost all of what you took was in response to your BEHAVIOR in the thread. Someone saying you are obnoxious is based on the fact that your posting was obnoxious. Someone saying you are stupid is based on the facts that many posts were inane.

Coming back with comments about listening to the BeeGees and having a comb in the pocket has nothing to do with someone's posts. Certainly the comment about me, based solely on the fact that I am female, has absolutely zero to do with my behavior. It's a good thing you can't tell by someones name who among us is old or handicapped or Jewish or Asian, because all of those would be fair game too.

Second, I have participated on these boards off and on since it was the Fullcount board and probably have about 5 or more total years of consistent participation. And no one, ever, never, not one person has ever crossed the line you crossed. Your comment was sexually overt and had strong tones of intimidation and was way, way out of line.

No one - of all of the thousands of guys that have come and gone or been regular participants - no one has ever ever done that in all these years. Not once. I've argued with people and clashed with people and not one has gone there. Even Bruce, who probably doesn't like me and for good reason, has never ever done that - and he has taken a whole, whole lot more from me than you did.

I think all the decent guys on this board should be pissed. 5+ years active without anyone ever playing the sexual slam card. And now this board can never say that again. You took that from this board and these people - the ability to say that with however many hundreds of thousands of posts each and every single individual refrained from that - even joking. And you, a nobody, come out of nowhere, contribute nothing, act like an ass and break that incredibly decent run that these guys collectively had.

And to the rest of the guys, thank you very much for that and for jumping Marshall when he posted that yesterday. To be honest, I sometimes feel like I am interfering in what might otherwise be a very different atmosphere - like I am crashing the locker room or hunting camp or something - and really appreciate that I've never heard even the faintest hint of derision or resentment over that.

There is an extent to which I'm not even mad though. Why? Because what he did was too easy. It's so obvious, so intellectually destitute. Of course he would do it. He doesn't fit, not here or anywhere. In the picture with Trump that he is so proud of, he is so incredibly out of place and inappropriate that he almost looks like he was Photoshopped into it.

[linked image]

If I'm in that room and a guy comes in looking like that and acting like a jerk and breaks out some stupid sexual comment about me, am I going to really stay deeply mad and offended for long? No. He's an obvious outcast and misfit, tolerated only because there is a veneer of civility in most social settings, including that room and including this board. That picture is the perfect parallel to him on this board, and the reason I won't stay mad or offended.

And Marsh, as to people hating your slogan and yet using it and you finding that odd? They're mocking you. Individually, collectively and appropriately. The only person not in on the joke is you. Pard.

BRING THE NOISE.

Joann

Leon, I disagree that he was justified in this comment and in some others because of what he was taking. This was way over the line and a first for this decent and wonderful board. Damn. You can't get that back. I didn't want it buried in some other thread, and the one in which the comment originally appeared has been locked, so I started a new one. Feel free to lock or delete. I don't want to make this drag on forever, but I was not just going to let it go either.

Edited to add my name to the top so it was not Anonymous. Oops

Edited again because somehow punctuation like apostophes and dashes got dropped and it was driving me nuts.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: barrysloate

Thank you Joann, and I was as incensed as you are.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I wanted to sneak this in quickly in case it gets locked up.

ABSOLUTELY agreed, one thousand percent, Marshall owes a massive apology not only to Joann but to the entire board. But he won't give one because he's an ass.

Edited to add: and good for you, Joann, for starting this thread. I understand why Leon locked the other one, and I felt bad that my post was the last one in it, because you really deserved the parting shot.

-Al

Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Anonymous

Great response Joanne. You have every right to be extremely offended. Frankly, I am disappointed more members of this board did not immediately speak up Its one of the worst things I have ever seen on this board--even worse to me than the wacky prof expressing his glee that I had lost several million dollars on my stock.

Jim

Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

That was a really bad one too Jim. Some people can be incredibly insensitive.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I guess I am used to places like usenet where the way Marshall talks (writes) is par for the course. The one thing we don't want is that kind of trash in this forum though and I agree with Joann that it went way over the line. Not sure what you can do though...I don't think it was necessarily a bannable (not a word) offense. Heck, if wishing someone dead and sending obscene emails to forum members doesn't get you banned then Marshall probably shouldn't be banned. I think the best you can do is ignore him. He's craving attention...and if you believe his story he's been craving it his whole life. Also like most of the unbearable posters on this forum he has yet to learn how to use a scanner...until that time I will take anything he writes with a grain of salt.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: marty q

joann- i stay out of all of these train wrecks, but you are 1000% correct. way to swing back!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Shawn

Gees people...

Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Jim Crandell

Disagree Dan. You should not be able to come on this board and ask a woman when the last time she was spanked or for that matter make any kind of overt sexual comment.

You also should not be able to wish someone dead.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

ditto.. i stay far away from this crap....

nice retort Joanne.

Marty
Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Joe D.

Joann,

At the core there are some good people here (and you are one of them).

Unfortunately - more often than in the past.... there have been some stomach turning posts and some stomach turning threads.

I wish there was an 'ignore user' button or an 'ignore thread' button. It would make this place a lot more enjoyable.

But.... no matter what any stomach-turner comes here to say....
know that you have some real friends here.

I greatly admire what you have been doing over the years -
and wish you congratulations on your upcoming accomplishments.

Joe

Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Jim, I do not have control over who can and can not be banned here and for what reasons. I agree with Leon's rules and his wisdom. He runs a loose ship compared to most boards, but I think that kind of moderating can lead to many great discussions which I suppose is why the fella that wished me dead is still here because he (they?) does start some good discussions. No doubt Marshall's comments to Joann went WAY over the line...they do not belong here.

Joann is a friend of mine and I greatly admire her

Old 01-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Shawn

Can someone lock this thing? Or am I the only one here that is out of high school?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: leon

I am sorry you were so offended. This thread won't be locked because of you voicing your opinion. I think you took the guy too seriously and I stand behind everything I said...take care now.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: dan mckee

Who has wished someone dead on this board in public???

This is a chat board, who cares.

Joann was insulted and rightfully so. Joann has insulted me privately and I was ok.

Remember, this is a chat board, Lyman once said I shouldn't have posted an email Pete Calderon and I had if we were friends. Well Pete and I are probably as good of friends as ever now.

remember, this is only a c hat board.

Is an apology in order? sure, I think Joann should be apologized to.

Is the world going to stop over this? no, Barry seems more upset than Joann.

Barry, you are not married to Joann, get over it.

I respect both Barry and Joann and feel her post hit the nail on the head.

But let it go there

dan

Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: E, Daniel

But humbling and shaming as I realize I didn't stand-up and put-up on your behalf.

You're a super decent human being, very bloody obviously so, and should never face that kind of sexually aggresive slam by anyone. The way men have pushed and silenced women for so very very long, stuff my mum fought against in the 70's.
Good men know better.
Barry knew better.

Leon's completely wrong on this joker, his ass should be history.

Daniel

Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

I forgot to add that I agree with Joann, he looks photo shopped into the Trump picture.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Leon- I don't think Joann took Marshall too seriously. I think she pinned him dead on.

Dan- I'm not married to Joann, that comment makes no sense, and I guess my fault is I have respect for intelligent, hard working people like Joann, and no tolerance for miscreants who insult women. Thank you.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: john/z28jd

I love how the board comes together whenever someone like this comes along...he obviously just going to be trouble until he is gone. I went back and read everything hes said I think,and he obviously needs to go,he's never going to add anything to the board with so many people against him already. That's no way to start off. I'll be happy when he's gone,his threads just become clutter and push better topics down the board.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Me too.

(Edited to add that my "me too" was an agreement with Barry)

-Al

Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

no real fault Barry, just thought you were over the barrel. I guess it is all in what you are used to. 20+ years of service in a co-ed environment and I probably have whitnessed a bit more than you. You are still my hero in cards. Dan.

edited to add - Please Barry, no personal emails, post all comments here on the board.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

And I was just about to send you a scathing email. happy.gif

Old 01-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

I knew that! That is why I thought I would plug the Dam with my finger tip!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Good for you Barry, Daniel, John and others. Those who think Joann is overreacting and hey this is just a chatboard are way off the mark here. If anything I think Joanne should be more angry.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Not overreacting Jim, I stated she hit the nail on the head. She held her own, I just mentioned we should move on from here. And a very Happy New Year to you Jim. Dan.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Al Simeone

Hi Joann,
I agree 100% with you . I miss our talks and will have to catch up one of these days! Marshall you did cross the line and Im glad you picked Joann! To put it in terms you can understand from the way you have with words ,quit while your ahead because when she finishes with you there wont be a scrap of meat left on that bone!!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

This is a great thread, Marshal hasn't posted and we are all talking to him.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Happy New Year Dan to you.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

Joann, you have one thing that Marshall doesn't have - our respect.

Rick

Old 01-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Al Simeone

Dan,
Dont worry I have a feeling he will be out to play very soon!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: DJ

He adds nothing but stress to this Forum. He is only here to bash. He's the guy at the party who THINKS he's witty, smart and funny. This isn't a golf club house where this kind of behavior is tolerated. I think it's time to "Morraine" him.

DJ

Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

My guess is that he's preoccupied with the game and his wallet is not happy with how that first quarter went.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Well put Rick, though I think Joann already knew that. There is no comparison in the 2 human beings.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Brian

"Leon- I don't think Joann took Marshall too seriously. I think she pinned him dead on.

Dan- I'm not married to Joann, that comment makes no sense, and I guess my fault is I have respect for intelligent, hard working people like Joann, and no tolerance for miscreants who insult women. Thank you."

I completely agree.

Joann, you are a good egg. You always add value and bring a balanced perspective to threads. I look forward to reading your posts.

What was said to you is inexcusable. Your response is pure class and consistent with your many years of posting.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

I am a lazy reader, maybe I missed something. Was the bad comment to Joann stating when was the last time she was slapped? Or was there something way worse? Maybe I have made light of a serious situation and need to apologize. I love everyone here. Dan.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Spanked, Dan. Not slapped. Big difference.

-Al

Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

You are right Al, I did read that and yes, that is a huge difference. Very rude indeed, he owes her a public apology. As all of you stated here, she has handled it professionally and is a strong asset to this board. Good prevailed once again.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Steve F

Joann, It's unfortunate that this Stain happened along this great board. But, there were other narcisists barging in before him and sadly, there will be others that follow in their world of make-believe they call The Internet.

Fortunately, for us, the socially undeveloped tend to lose attention easily. So, like any other child crying out for it, he should be ignored. It shouldn't be too long for this adolescent xenophobe. (He made disparaging remarks about Gays as well.)

I just wish the others on this board would discontinue their civil dialogues with this punk, MB deserves only to be shunned. BTW, your post is sensible and highly accurate.

I believe it's about time for Leon and the other mods to shut him down. Steve

Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Steve Murray

I'm with you kid!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: J Levine

Joann,
I am sorry that this happened to you and wish you all the best (as usual).

The picture is not photo shopped but it is probably not what Marshall claims it to be. I really doubt Donald and he have a personal relationship. Mr. Trump poses for thousands of pictures. I am fairly sure that these pictures were not at a black tie event or anything like that. It was one of Mr. Trump's many many seminars on business that happened to be held in the Cayman islands (more likely St. Vincent where Trump owns property and this is backed by Marshall standing next to the Prime Minister of St. Vincent).

Joann, Marshall just proves the Mark Twain adage... "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

BTW, still have seen no proof of any sales by Marshall or that he even owns any cards. I wish to see some of Marshall's high end cards. Any cards actually...I would love Marshall to add something to this board as well. Joann, Barry, Dan, even Bruce (who I refuse to talk to or deal with) adds information, scans, knowledge, and class to the board without having it be a wager.

Also, Leon, in the thread where you tell us to cut him a break he goes on to say that all the card people are either drinkers, gamblers, or strip club goers...I am no saint but I would never imply that an entire class of people are those things.

If Marshall would just add something of value I would be happy.

Also, Marshall (and Frank would back me up on this), the first amendment does not guarantee free speech. It makes sure Congress will not pass a law infringing on free speech. There are many many examples of people getting in trouble for "speaking their minds."

Please...show me some vintage cards.

Joshua

Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Steve

Gotta agree with Ms. Joanne.

Bravo.

Steve

Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

One last friendly post to my friends here, there is no E on Joann in this case. Unless she spelled it wrong above and I followed her misspelling. Good Night all and a very Happy 2009!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

of NOISE in the first half of the FB game.........think the over was around 70. Hope everyone here bet the under.......

Is it just me or does Marshall look like a cross between Gilligan and David Duvall in that picture?

Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Doug

Yeah so far I'm not seeing the major noise that Florida was going to come out with...

Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Steve

In the picture it looks like Trump is trying to push him aside.

Black tie event? I don't see anyone wearing a black tie.

Steve

Old 01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: marshall barkman

I know what all of you are expecting. I'm sure most of you boring stiffs are waiting for my response. Ok here we go because i am going to bring some major MF'ing NOOISE.

In order for a person to BRING THE NOISE they have to understand NOISE and i certainly do. I have never in my life been a part of anything fraudulant. I spoke to Leon in a private conversation and told him the truth about who i am and that i do not lie. At this point though i am gonna bend just a wee but please Joann come down off the cross because you are not Jesus.

FIGHT THE POWER & BRING THE NOISE with facts kid and i mean now?

Fact 1. The T-206 PSA 6 Harry Bay sold for 1700 at Milehigh auction and it was my card.
If anyone would have taken the bet for 1000 they would have lost. Book it.

Fact 2. The picture you bums chose to show is a picture of me talking to Donald because there were several cameras around and both us were just trying to figure it out. Post the other picture of donald and i you Barbera Walters holier than though troublemaker .

Fact 3. If it were not for my agent there would have never even been a Donald Trump golf tournament because he was trying to throw a event where each golfer put up 25,000 of their own money and a winner would take all 1,000,0000 first place and no other money for the other spots.
Donald also had guidelines as to who could play and one of them was that a person had to be talented in another field. There was only 12 players that fit that bill including yours truly who comitted to his tournament and he needed 125 so my agent contacted Donald's golf tournament director and saved the day. The tour i was on was the US Pro Golf Tour so they combined our tour with Donald and made it the US Pro Golf Tour 1,000,000 Donald Trump shootout.

Fact 4. All you evangelicals whined and spouted that i had no cards, please produce them Marshall come on lad show us. come on you fraud let us see about 9 months ago. So i posted 9 months ago that i was sending 250 of T-206's that had the finest Southern Leaguers so get ready. The cards blew out for 38,000 at Milehigh and Brian Drent BROUGHT MAJOR NOISE and set a single auction record because he has the "1 auction house in the game.

Fact 5. For every finger you point there is two pointing back and Joann you started with a insult and jab so i fired back,like i am doing now and there is no type of grading when it comes to a insult. Words like Troll,fraudulant,wannabe,fake,liar and so on are all insults and i know a few of my friends that if someone would call me a liar and they would be present would just smash their F'ing teeth down their throat which is what happens when you are in the middle of a mosh pit and they love it. I come from a very hardcore and extreme background and my friends play harder than myself.

Fact 6. My original post had to do with the hobby and also the grading standards that are suspect. In my original post i had nothing to say about anybody on this board. I only started fighting back and defending myself after people started saying things like "sour grapes", "whiner", and other remarks that made it personal.

Fact 7. I am going back to the game and i will guarantee you another thing you Jim Baker PTL CLUB wannabe Salem burn the witch at the stake MF'ers that FLORIDA IS GOING TO BRING THE NOISE BABY!

p.s. I need more cowbell baby, i love the cowbell (-:

Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: jay wolt

Oh brother!
Is this cat for real?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

Just wanted to chime in with my support for Joann and her comments.

As Wilde said, "The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about!" and all the chastisements and expressions of distaste directed at this guy, will only have the effect of spurring him on to more obnoxious and oh so immature, behavior. He craves the attention, no matter how negative and the only thing to do is stay our fingers from responding and let him "talk" to himself. No attention = his disappearance.

Leon - Is referring to the members of this board as "MF'ers" acceptable, also?

"you Jim Baker PTL CLUB wannabe Salem burn the witch at the stake MF'ers"

Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: leon

maybe I was wrong

Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Default Marshall Barkman

Posted By: Rob D.

lol