NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 09-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default sold 2 antique 19th century KENTUCKY LONG RIFLES + 4 OTHER antique rifles

sold 2 antique 19th century KENTUCKY LONG RIFLES + 4 OTHER antique rifles
these were from an estate sale in South Florida .
I am not an expert but this is the information I have been given or what is on the rifles

there are two kentucky / ohio/ philidelphia long rifles , Blonde wood both from the 1800's these measure over 52 inches long , they are complete
one has a full length wood stock one has a half length wood stock both have little compartments on the butt end and brass embellishments , both have hexagon barrels, one I cannot find any markings , but the other one has
.....DDLE & Co Philadelphia , the front part of the name has worn away , it seems these are the ones that have the most interest
There is a "ZULA" which is marked on the barrel its Black Very Long Rifle over a 100 years old 51 inches long single bolt action fires a very large round ,
then there is an Late 1800's Hungarian Percussion Rifle[/B] with Ram Rod has Hungarian Markings 34 " long

next is a 22 rifle on the barrel it has made By the "Hopinks and Allen MFG Co also has Merwin Hulbert and CC Junior" it measure 37" long SCOUT regular lever action . not sure how old it is but supposedly pre WWI

finally a Double Barrel stage coach shot gun has wells fargo agent badge this part is a replica
but gun is an original Double barrel measures 35 inches there is a word "STERLING " etched near trigger on both sides.

cannot seem to get a real idea what they are worth
one guy asked me to ship the six rifles to him out of state Philli , he wanted to give me a 40% deposit and balance once delivered not to comfortable with that . I really would like to get some one local to possible buy them , but I obviously cannot advertise on craigs list , Gun Broker asks to put a price I SOLD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (77.3 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (1).jpg (74.0 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (2).jpg (79.2 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (3).jpg (78.3 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (4).jpg (76.7 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (5).jpg (77.7 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (6).jpg (77.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (7).jpg (77.2 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (8).jpg (77.0 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (9).jpg (78.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg $_57 (10).jpg (77.2 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by megalimey; 09-28-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:21 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Hi

Hi David, your biggest problem is going to getting these shipped.

https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/...-UPS-and-FedEx

UPS and Fed Ex will only ship firearms from one licensed dealer to another licensed dealer.

You can ship them through the Postal Service, but there are a lot of rules if you are not a licensed dealer. You will have to ship them by Express Mail or by Registered Mail. I would guess you would be looking at $400 or more to get these shipped.

I wish I lived closer to Florida (I am in Wisconsin). I would meet you somewhere.

Good luck! Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default these are antique considered pre 1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Hi David, your biggest problem is going to getting these shipped.

https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/...-UPS-and-FedEx

UPS and Fed Ex will only ship firearms from one licensed dealer to another licensed dealer.

You can ship them through the Postal Service, but there are a lot of rules if you are not a licensed dealer. You will have to ship them by Express Mail or by Registered Mail. I would guess you would be looking at $400 or more to get these shipped.

I wish I lived closer to Florida (I am in Wisconsin). I would meet you somewhere.

Good luck! Rick
Rick according to this web page
and if i use the same criteria as this company I can ship these
and a few years ago I had two old muskets that I sold to some one in New York , shipped them fedx Ground , no indication of contents , they arrived safe and sound ,

here is the verbiage from this company
considers all of our antique guns as non-firing, inoperable and/or inert. Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 921(a)(16) defines antique firearms as all guns made prior to 1899. This law exempts antique firearms from any form of gun control or special engineering because they are not legally considered firearms. No FFL, C&R or any license is required to posses, transport, sell or trade Antique guns. All rifles and muskets sold by IMA that were manufactured prior to 1898 are considered Antiques by the US BATF (United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms). Therefore, all of IMA's Antique guns may be shipped to all US States and most nations around the world.

These antique guns are not sold in “live” condition. They are sold as collector’s items or as “wall hangers”. Any attempt at restoring an antique gun to be operational is strongly discouraged and is done so at the risk of the customer. By purchasing an antique gun from IMA you thereby release IMA, its employees and corporate officers from any and all liability associated with use of our Antique guns..
Old 09-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Chuck Price

Hi David,

The 5 antique handguns arrived safe and sound. Excellent job with the packing. They look better in person and your description was accurate.

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection