NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-28-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3112 View Post
Okay, so we have a total of about 2 examples of cards and game tickets that have gone above from the Feb-Apr 2021 prices. So apparently 99.2% has come down and not everything.
I feel many things are up since April. All graded t206s, 1914 cracker jacks, 1933 Goudey, especially in grades 5+. Everything Ruth, Wagner, Cobb, Jackson, Gehrig. Most things old and rare - look at the w600 Kelley that sold for $6000 last night; this is a card that has gone down consistently and steadily since 2008 and than set a record high last night (see first attachment)

It appears that many of the “herd” cards - iconic yet very common and mostly post 1940 - have gone down since April. But the big boy and rarer pre war cards, especially blue chip players and sets, most certainly are NOT down since April and continue to climb. This includes the T206 Green Cobb, which also set a record last in LOTG (see second attachment).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 97AFAAA5-0CC8-4905-BCD0-4C8FC1742B3D.jpg (6.8 KB, 621 views)
File Type: jpg 7611D52A-2BDF-4C61-A5C7-C847BEDEAF2B.jpg (6.6 KB, 617 views)
Old 11-28-2021, 10:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I feel many things are up since April. All graded t206s, 1914 cracker jacks, 1933 Goudey, especially in grades 5+. Everything Ruth, Wagner, Cobb, Jackson, Gehrig. Most things old and rare - look at the w600 Kelley that sold for $6000 last night; this is a card that has gone down consistently and steadily since 2008 and than set a record high last night (see first attachment)

It appears that many of the “herd” cards - iconic yet very common and mostly post 1940 - have gone down since April. But the big boy and rarer pre war cards, especially blue chip players and sets, most certainly are NOT down since April and continue to climb. This includes the T206 Green Cobb, which also set a record last in LOTG (see second attachment).
I agree with most of what you say Ryan, but I have to disagree on this one. That was a stellar 3 and should have gone a little higher. And the collectors eyes were on it, so it didn't get overlooked. You know as much as anyone that all cards, in a specific grade, don't carry the same value. Sure a crappy looking 3 might get 10k-12k but a great looking one would have gone for more previously, imo...

Last edited by Leon; 11-28-2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:42 AM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
As folks have mentioned earlier, the Jordan RC has come down significantly since its spring peak. Just to add some numbers to the discussion, earlier this year, a PSA 8 was bringing upwards of $18k; now they are trading at $8k or less.

But while I don't have the numbers in front of me, I'd bet that they are still above what they were two years ago at the end of 2019.
You are right, that was a $2500 card 3 years ago. So it has tripled in the last 3 years.

And by the way that is the story of the whole modern basketball market. For example, I have an Iverson rookie that I bought for $200 5 years ago. It ran all the way up to $4000, and then dropped back down to $1500.

Last edited by Gorditadogg; 11-28-2021 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:42 AM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I agree with most of what you say Ryan, but I have to disagree on this one. That was a stellar 3 and should have gone a little higher. And the collectors eyes were on it, so it didn't get overlooked. You know as much as anyone that all cards, in a specific grade, don't carry the same value. Sure a crappy looking 3 might get 10k-12k but a great looking one would have gone for more previously, imo...
The T206 Green Cobb Portrait in LOTG was actually a 2.5 with paper loss on the back in several spots. I think its $13,200.00 ending price was a very big number given those flaws.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
The T206 Green Cobb Portrait in LOTG was actually a 2.5 with paper loss on the back in several spots. I think its $13,200.00 ending price was a very big number given those flaws.
I wasn't bidding , and didn't take the back paper loss into account and was thinking it was a 3, for some reason. Given those thoughts I guess the price was a higher number..

Last edited by Leon; 11-28-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:11 AM
Fred

What's gone down in price? Apparently none of the crap I collect.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:12 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I follow Exhibit cards. The big boys in the 1920s issues (Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Johnson) and the rookies (PC Back Foxx, PC Back Grove) are very strong. What I've noticed marked jumps on lately are the lower grade examples of these players. The next tier of HOFers are a mixed bag. Speaker, Hornsby, Collins, Alexander, that caliber card. Lesser HOFers are basically bargains relative to other issues of the era. It is a little more difficult to follow these than T206s because there are relatively few of them and they don't come up in every auction. If two or more guys need the card for a set and it isn't easy, watch out.

LOTG last night was in line with the trends. PC Back Grove RC PSA 5 $8400. 1927 Cobb PSA 5 $2280. 1922 Eastern Exhibit (EE) Johnson PSA 3 $1560. 1922 EEs of Speaker, Hornsby and Alexander were between $500-$600. However, 1925 Collins PSA 2 $120, 1922 EEs Bancroft and Wheat were between $150-$250. Bidders went to war over a PSA 4 1922 Eastern Exhibit Heilmann $1440. It is a great card but there is no reason for him to sell for Cobb money. Had to be bidders warring for their sets.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-28-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:19 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

I do not see any trend of downward pricing.

With so many auctions and so many cards and memorabilia hitting the auction I see the money being spent but sometimes people need to regroup their funds and/or sometimes some auctions get overlooked
And with many ending at the same time people have to be more controlled with what they are bidding on so sometimes items get less bids.

But overall the main players like Ruth, Cobb, wagner, and Jackson their cards are hot and even their “lesser known” cards are starting to increase in value as people are getting priced out of other cards

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 11-28-2021, 11:44 AM
GaryPassamonte

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but 19th century hasn't generally kept pace with price increases.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:58 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
What's gone down in price? Apparently none of the crap I collect.
I'm in the same boat. The majority of cards on my want list keep rising in value.

It would be different if I was chasing the orange shimmer rainbow prism super-duper-fractor of that 19 year old sure-fire future Hall of Famer.

Alas, a T206 WaJo portrait (and others) keep climbing.

Now...where did I put that time machine?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 11-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Colton
Colt0n Eng.lish

The answer is Trevor Bauer and DeShaun Watson, that’s what’s gone down!
Old 11-28-2021, 02:33 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPassamonte View Post
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but 19th century hasn't generally kept pace with price increases.
That is true as well as most vintage photo’s. They have gone up in price but not as much as cards. Except for some high end exceptions photo’s are doing nicely but not as dramatic as a curve up. On the flip side they have stayed steady at their higher prices and are relatively consistent

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 11-28-2021, 07:12 PM
Ethan

Default Photos

IMO photos have increased in value over the past few years and offer collectors an alternative to more traditional cards. Unlike most vintage cards, vintage photos can be unique, or 1/3, 1/5...like some the shiny new age stuff that some collectors like. I feel like the photo market will look significantly different in the next two years as it appeals to more and more people. I would be surprised to see vintage photo prices decrease in value. One could argue that photos currently offer the best bang for your vintage buck.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:20 PM
Ethan

Default Response

I guess my last response didn't really address the topic of this thread, but a comment that was made. I don't know if they have decreased in value, but some of the rarer "commons" in E card sets have been stagnant for some time. Many years ago I put the E103 Williams Caramel set together..."commons were in the $250 -- $300 range back then...seem to be at the same price (depending on population) today.

Last edited by LincolnVT; 11-28-2021 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I think green T206 Cobbys have fallen a little...

Hi Leon, I have to disagree here...Heritage just had several examples, prices were strong, and last night in LOTG, a 2.5 sold for over $13k. I thought that was a very strong price.

Also, someone mentioned Jeter's SP Rookie...It's definitely come down since the peak earlier this year (like most modern cards, including Jordan), but Modern rose significantly, peaked, then came down and have settled well above where they were a few years ago.

Re: blue chip vintage (T206 HOFers/rare backs, 33 Goudey Ruths, Cracker Jacks, etc, etc), well they've only gone up and up...

Last edited by MVSNYC; 11-28-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:27 AM
Glyn Parson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Will be interesting to see how the PSA backlog is going to affect these cards. I'm guessing it won't be good.

That's the insane thing about some of these modern cards . . . . who knows how many more PSA 10s are sitting in unopened cases in people's closets.
You think there are many 1986 fleer basketball cases in closests? Lol. I’d tell you to stick to prewar but you say dumb crap about that market as well. These aren’t 1986 topps baseball cases.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:28 AM
Glyn Parson

Quote:
Okay, so we have a total of about 2 examples of cards and game tickets that have gone above from the Feb-Apr 2021 prices. So apparently 99.2% has come down and not everything.
People have listed a lot more than two examples. Your statement was BS. You were wrong just stfu.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:11 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
People have listed a lot more than two examples. Your statement was BS. You were wrong just stfu.
It is not a matter of who is right or not but more about us all being informed and better understanding of the trends to help us each make better collection and/or investment decisions

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 11-29-2021, 07:50 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
It is not a matter of who is right or not but more about us all being informed and better understanding of the trends to help us each make better collection and/or investment decisions
With Glyn it is all about the cash and being an AH pick POS that hasn't made a helpful post on here in years. He is proof if a person needs a card they would buy it from anyone no matter how horrible of person they buying it from is. He does provide humor if you find him calling good people a liar or scammer and when he is proven wrong he just disappears from the forum for a while instead of manning up and apologizeing. If anyone is bored just check out is posting history it is beyond amazing how big a AH he is on here.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I wasn't bidding , and didn't take the back paper loss into account and was thinking it was a 3, for some reason. Given those thoughts I guess the price was a higher number..
The Green Cobb prices in the Heritage November auctions were a little soft but it’s probably because there were eight of them offered and many were in the 2-3 range, i.e., saturation. Agreed that the LOTG Green Cobb 2.5 price was strong. Overall I think Green Cobb prices have been pretty stable after an incredible multi-year run.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:27 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
With Glyn it is all about the cash and being an AH pick POS that hasn't made a helpful post on here in years. He is proof if a person needs a card they would buy it from anyone no matter how horrible of person they buying it from is. He does provide humor if you find him calling good people a liar or scammer and when he is proven wrong he just disappears from the forum for a while instead of manning up and apologizeing. If anyone is bored just check out is posting history it is beyond amazing how big a AH he is on here.
I hope he disappears for a while (or forever). Every time I read one of his posts I feel worse about the world.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:38 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
I hope he disappears for a while (or forever). Every time I read one of his posts I feel worse about the world.
I put him on my Ignore List a while back. The forum has gotten much more enjoyable since then.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:58 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
He is angry for some reason. I would hate to be in that kind of mood every day.
What a miserable way to go around life.
* I should add Glyn and I get along very well in person. But sometimes on the board I am not so sure.

Last edited by Leon; 11-29-2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:55 PM
Dave H@rford

What I have seen is a trend toward AH purchases. Of my own purchases, 2-3 years ago, I found the majority (probably 75%) of the cards that I was interested in on eBay or the BST. Since the 2021 run-up, finding cards for my collection from these sources has almost dried up (especially eBay, but also BST to some extent). Now I use the AH's for about 75% of my cards. Purchases of the cards from the AH's have "cost me more", so looking at the price numbers, most of my purchases are certainly up from 2 years ago, but most if not all of my "new" cards from AH purchases are still at Jan-April 2021 prices. I have not seen any drop here, to the point that I have had to ALTER my collecting plans.

Dave
Old 11-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
I put him on my Ignore List a while back. The forum has gotten much more enjoyable since then.
When you say you put him on your ignore list, is that an actual function of this forum, or are you just consciously ignoring him? If it is an actual function, I would really appreciate it if you could show me how to do that.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:26 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
When you say you put him on your ignore list, is that an actual function of this forum, or are you just consciously ignoring him? If it is an actual function, I would really appreciate it if you could show me how to do that.
Click on his username, and select View Public Profile. That will take you to his profile page. Under his avatar is a dropdown menu that says User Lists, from there select Add to Ignore List, then click Yes.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:36 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Click on his username, and select View Public Profile. That will take you to his profile page. Under his avatar is a dropdown menu that says User Lists, from there select Add to Ignore List, then click Yes.
Awesome, thank you very much!
Old 11-29-2021, 01:57 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Not that I am doing that but always good to learn about that type of functionality

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 11-29-2021, 02:55 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
I just assume he's a bad drunk. I don't know anyone that pissed off at the world everyday in the middle of the afternoon except for some alcoholics.

Maybe time to switch gears and try some of the leafy green stuff instead.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-29-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:58 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Compared to the 1952 Topps Mantle, there's ample evidence that green Cobb is much more rare, as expected. 970 Cobbs compared to 1806 Mantles in the PSA record. I'd bet there's more demand for 52 Mantle but maybe demand for Cobb is finally working on that gap. Either way, there's a strong case to be made that it was undervalued pre-pandemic and likely still is.

As for volatility, the good news is those of us who migrated from crypto were looking for a safe haven in the Hobby. I can't speak for the firms that formed in 2020 and started buying up Hobby standards from all sports, but I'm sure they will look to manipulate the market just like they do with bitcoin. The key will be recognizing when the sell-offs take place. It seemed like one took place last summer but I really wouldn't know.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:04 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo10Fan View Post
Compared to the 1952 Topps Mantle, there's ample evidence that green Cobb is much more rare, as expected. 970 Cobbs compared to 1806 Mantles in the PSA record. I'd bet there's more demand for 52 Mantle but maybe demand for Cobb is finally working on that gap. Either way, there's a strong case to be made that it was undervalued pre-pandemic and likely still is.

As for volatility, the good news is those of us who migrated from crypto were looking for a safe haven in the Hobby. I can't speak for the firms that formed in 2020 and started buying up Hobby standards from all sports, but I'm sure they will look to manipulate the market just like they do with bitcoin. The key will be recognizing when the sell-offs take place. It seemed like one took place last summer but I really wouldn't know.
id surmise the pop report is grossly skewed as t206 cobbs are likely to have been graded by SGC whereas 52 mantles are more likely to be graded by psa.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:22 PM
Ma-rc Alph0ns0

Quote:
You sound like a complete prick and then when I read about what others have to say about you, it appears I’m correct. Appears you don’t have many friends here. Please follow the advice of others and just go away.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:22 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
id surmise the pop report is grossly skewed as t206 cobbs are likely to have been graded by SGC whereas 52 mantles are more likely to be graded by psa.
571 is the Cobb number I got from SGC database, compared to 569 for Mantle. So that bumps the overall gross ratio up to nearly 2:1 in favor of surviving Mantles vs. Cobbs, 2375 to 1541. Still impossible to ever know the real numbers I suppose
Old 11-29-2021, 05:33 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

How many collectors do you know with raw 1952 T Mantles vs. with raw T206 Cobb green portraits? In my admittedly small circle I know of several collectors with raw T206 sets and only one with a raw 1952T Mantle.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-29-2021 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:05 PM

The last Heritage auction had a 1949 Bowman Paige PSA 8 go for $30.k - Wowzer! And it was centered between 65/35 and 60/40 side/side. And with slight brown toning. Elevator up !

Last edited by Touch'EmAll; 11-29-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:41 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
How many collectors do you know with raw 1952 T Mantles vs. with raw T206 Cobb green portraits? In my admittedly small circle I know of several collectors with raw T206 sets and only one with a raw 1952T Mantle.
I wonder how many of those Cobbs were cracked out of cases. It seems (to me, at least) more likely than a '52 Mantle getting sprung from plastic prison.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 11-29-2021, 07:43 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
You sound like a complete prick and then when I read about what others have to say about you, it appears I’m correct. Appears you don’t have many friends here. Please follow the advice of others and just go away.
To be fair, this reply of yours wasn't much nicer.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 11-29-2021, 08:52 PM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineunder71 View Post
The answer is Trevor Bauer and DeShaun Watson, that’s what’s gone down!
I see what you did there...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2021, 10:10 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Many many posts about price inflation, wild speculation, investors pushing prices higher and higher, crash coming, etc.

Tell me something that has gone down in price in the last two years. Just curious.
According to VCP, the Butterfinger Babe Ruth has decreased in price. It had surged over $1000, but was averaging $750 as of August.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 11-30-2021, 06:59 AM
Ma-rc Alph0ns0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
To be fair, this reply of yours wasn't much nicer.
That would be a fair assessment. Anywho, I'm over it. I guess that's just how good ol' Glyn Parson speaks. Moving on back to the subject of cards...
Old 11-30-2021, 08:25 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

The e93 Cobb I wanted on REA has decidedly NOT gone down in price. Above where I was hoping it would end with 6 days to go. Sigh.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:28 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
The e93 Cobb I wanted on REA has decidedly NOT gone down in price. Above where I was hoping it would end with 6 days to go. Sigh.
Great Card and you are right the price is strong on that card already and that REA auction has alot of strong prices.
No showing of any dips in pricing to buy

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 11-30-2021, 01:54 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
That would be a fair assessment. Anywho, I'm over it. I guess that's just how good ol' Glyn Parson speaks. Moving on back to the subject of cards...
It takes all kinds to make this board go 'round. There are a few who come straight at you.

Some people go the backhanded compliment route, some insist on getting the last word in, some try to gloss over their rudeness by attempting to redirect attention...

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 11-30-2021, 02:57 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
It takes all kinds to make this board go 'round. There are a few who come straight at you.

Some people go the backhanded compliment route, some insist on getting the last word in, some try to gloss over their rudeness by attempting to redirect attention...
Pot, meet kettle.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:15 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Pot, meet kettle.
LOL. Guilty as charged.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 11-30-2021, 06:28 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
I wonder how many of those Cobbs were cracked out of cases. It seems (to me, at least) more likely than a '52 Mantle getting sprung from plastic prison.
I can account for at least one Cobb.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:50 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I rarely sell anything, but in looking to help pay for rotator cuff surgery this summer, I put up a pretty nicely centered PSA 4 Nolan Ryan rookie card for sale. In the post I showed the last group of sales for PSA 4s, which was basically these amounts...

Screen-Shot-2021-11-30-at-6.36.17-PM.jpg

The offers were lower than I wanted, so I decided to hold onto it. For the heck of it, I recently checked what PSA 4s are going for these days, and I had to take the elevator to the basement...

Screen-Shot-2021-11-30-at-6.36.38-PM.jpg

That's a steep decline. Yowza!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:54 AM
Glyn Parson

Quote:

I just tell it like it is and if you don’t like that I truly don’t care. Not here to massage your fragile egos. After my health concerns I truly quit caring what fools and idiots think of me.

Last edited by glynparson; 12-01-2021 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:28 AM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I rarely sell anything, but in looking to help pay for rotator cuff surgery this summer, I put up a pretty nicely centered PSA 4 Nolan Ryan rookie card for sale. In the post I showed the last group of sales for PSA 4s, which was basically these amounts...
Not so surprising, since the Ryan rookie is by far the most graded vintage card.
192/240 1933 Goudeys (Ruth #144, #149, Gehrig #92)
126/208 T205s
28/108? Diamond Stars
Old 12-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Ben North

Quote:
I just tell it like it is and if you don’t like that I truly don’t care. Not here to massage your fragile egos. After my health concerns I truly quit caring what fools and idiots think of me.
I think you are a complete AH on a good day but also sincerely hope you have completely recovered from your battle with Lyme Disease. It took a very good friend of mine.