NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-17-2020, 05:05 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Has Anyone Found a New Way to See 'Best Offer' Sold Prices?

There used to be two different go-to ways to see the actual amount a 'Best Offer' auction sold for on ebay:

1. In The Url Replace "Www" With "Item" And Then Replace "Com" With "Ca"

2. Http://Cgi.Ebay.Com/Ws/Ebayisapi.Dll?Viewitemversion&Item=PUT-ITEM#-HERE

But neither of these efforts seems to work anymore (or is it just me?). Has anyone run across a new method of accomplishing this feat?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:29 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Right click on page, and select "View Source"
Search source page for "taxExclusivePrice"
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:01 AM
James

go to 130point.com
Old 10-17-2020, 06:07 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Most of those sites are no longer going to work since eBay is now restricting their sales data from sites that aren't official members.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:17 AM
David Peck

Slabwatch.com is still working as of this morning but not sure how much longer it will be.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:34 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
I tried this out with some cards I purchased with Best Offers, and it works great. Thanks. I've been trying to find a way to do this since the web pages that used to work no longer do.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:36 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I tried this out with some cards I purchased with Best Offers, and it works great. Thanks. I've been trying to find a way to do this since the web pages that used to work no longer do.
Whereabouts on the page do you find the price??? Lot of code to go through...

Thanks
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:11 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
Whereabouts on the page do you find the price??? Lot of code to go through...

Thanks
Tim, after you open up the source code, hit ctrl+f to launch a search box, enter "taxExclusivePrice" in the search and hit enter, the BIN price will be right after the text is found.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 10-17-2020, 09:13 AM
Ben

www.sortsof.com
Old 10-17-2020, 09:29 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

The question for me is, why does eBay make this info so hard to find? I guess maybe I would understand if they hid the final sale price of every item, ever.....but to just hide the BO price seems odd to me.

Last edited by conor912; 10-17-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:34 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Best Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
The question for me is, why does eBay make this info so hard to find? I guess maybe I would understand if they hid the final sale price of every item, ever.....but to just hide the BO price seems odd to me.
The question for me is - why is this anyone else's business? If I buy a card through Best Offer or I sell a card through Best Offer, it isn't anyone else's business to know the actual price. It is between me and the buyer or between me and the seller. No one else needs to know.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:38 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
The question for me is - why is this anyone else's business? If I buy a card through Best Offer or I sell a card through Best Offer, it isn't anyone else's business to know the actual price. It is between me and the buyer or between me and the seller. No one else needs to know.
So people don't really think 1990 Topps print defects sold for $4,700 each, duh!
Old 10-17-2020, 09:38 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Many people don't realize that many non-BO prices are also being reported wrong. If the seller doesn't take offers, but someone sends them a message through PMs on eBay, the seller can make a lower offer through that. I am pretty sure that does not get reported with a slashed-through sale price to let anyone know it didn't actually sell for the initial BIN price.

Last edited by swarmee; 10-17-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:53 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
I don’t understand this way of thinking at all, but to each their own. I could see if maybe the buyer’s identity wasn’t hidden or something, but it’s just a data point. By this logic it must infuriate you that every single AH publishes sold prices. When you buy something, I couldn’t care less about your identity. Like I said, I would understand if every AH, including ebay, hid every sale price ever, but for one site to just hide BO prices seems bizarrely inconsistent.

Last edited by conor912; 10-17-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:21 AM
Rick McQuillan

Quote:
I don’t understand this way of thinking at all, but to each their own. I could see if maybe the buyer’s identity wasn’t hidden or something, but it’s just a data point. By this logic it must infuriate you that every single AH publishes sold prices. When you buy something, I couldn’t care less about your identity. Like I said, I would understand if every AH, including ebay, hid every sale price ever, but for one site to just hide BO prices seems bizarrely inconsistent.
Don't put words in my mouth. I could care less about auction houses. I only care about transactions that I am involved with.

So people don't really think 1990 Topps print defects sold for $4,700 each, duh!

You might think that a 1990 Topps print defect sold for $4700, but as long as I am not involved in the transaction, I don't really care.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:24 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Agree

Quote:
Many people don't realize that many non-BO prices are also being reported wrong. If the seller doesn't take offers, but someone sends them a message through PMs on eBay, the seller can make a lower offer through that. I am pretty sure that does not get reported with a slashed-through sale price to let anyone know it didn't actually sell for the initial BIN price.
I agree. I get many of these offers, and I accept many of these offers. Also, the limited data that is gleaned from these eBay Best Offers doesn't include the millions of transactions that are made at card shows, or that are made on Net54 or Blowout, or at the National for that matter. So, you may think there is a set market price according to VCP or Beckett, but in reality, no one ever knows the true market price.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:25 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
You might think that a 1990 Topps print defect sold for $4700, but as long as I am not involved in the transaction, I don't really care.
Your option is to stop selling on eBay then...
Old 10-17-2020, 10:25 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. I could care less about auction houses. I only care about transactions that I am involved with.

Have a nice day, Rick.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:39 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Good news is that I've been checking actual sales prices for a while and they are nearly always accurately reflected on PSA's web site in its prices realized section. Bad news is it is PSA doing a good job.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 10-17-2020, 01:09 PM
Chase

Quote:
Thanks for that!
Old 10-17-2020, 01:49 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
I agree entirely with your general view about this. It's not even like all transactions at card shows are some completely secret deal all the time anyway. Back in the old days when shows were the main focus of the marketplace, how often were there a few other collectors standing right there when you held a card and asked "would you take $60 for this", and he agreed?

Like you said, to each their own. But when it comes to matters of privacy, there are things I value at lot more (than if someone knows what was paid for a baseball card).
Old 10-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBen View Post
I had no clue that so many hobby related sites existed (130point.com, Slabwatch.com, www.sortsof.com).

I'm going to open my own website called Imustbeanignoramous.com

I found the sortsof.com to be pretty cool. Thanks for that.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:25 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Tim, after you open up the source code, hit ctrl+f to launch a search box, enter "taxExclusivePrice" in the search and hit enter, the BIN price will be right after the text is found.
Wow that was easy! Thanks!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:43 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

eBay needs to be very transparent when it comes to auction results. There are a lot of people in the business including myself who depend on those results as a price guide and they are far too unreliable. They should be showing the actual sold results for a buy it now. In addition, if an item is returned or an order canceled that sale should be removed from the sold listings. It’s way too easy for market manipulation to occur the way things are - this is what happens when you lack transparency. These guys who are out there know it and are using these things to their advantage to try and screw over other buyers. eBay is complicit in this in that it is to their benefit to show higher sold results An item listed at $395 obo looks more impressive than putting up a lower actual sold price.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:31 AM
+0m J()rd@N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

I'm going to open my own website called Imustbeanignoramous.com
Sorry, I've already got that one registered. Just cant figure out how to set it up. ;-)

And I agree, what is the logic in eBay showing some sale prices and not others?? Being transparent with buy/sell prices only makes the hobby (market) more efficient. And isn't that what we all want - buyers and sellers interacting in an efficient marketplace? Unless you don't. So if you don't want that information divulged, don't use a public forum to peddle/procure your goods.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 10-18-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:11 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I'm surprised how many people didn't know about the search function in their web browser.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:57 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

That 'view source' approach just seems to be a PC thing. For Macs and OSX using Safari, you gotta go to preferences and click the 'Show Develop menu in menu bar' button. Then when you are on the 'see original listing' page, you go to the Develop menu and click "Show Page Source." This will give you all the code at bottom, which you may or may not be able to search for 'taxExclusivePrice.'

What I did is select all of that code and then paste it in a different (text) program, where I did the 'taxExclusivePrice' search and BINGO!! it was a winner.

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Old 10-18-2020, 05:31 PM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Quote:
Works great
Thanks Swarmee
Russ
Old 10-18-2020, 09:12 PM
Trae Regan

Quote:
I could care less about auction houses.
It's pedantry, but I think you meant to say that you couldn't care less.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:28 AM
Scott Smith

Thanks for the "View page source" and find "taxExclusivePrice" tip!

Seems to work for me on a PC.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:42 PM
Bry@n

It appears that Ebay has closed the taxexclusiveprice window.

Does anyone have any other ways that currently work?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2021, 03:44 PM
Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post

Thanks
130point.com is working again
Old 05-01-2021, 03:57 PM
Bry@n

Awesome - thanks!!
Old 05-01-2021, 04:32 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post

Thanks
slabwatch was working for me although haven't done it in a few days

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:53 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobaccoKing4 View Post
130point.com is working again
What's your secret? All I get these days is the wheel endlessly spinning 'round and 'round with no results ever appearing.

Casey Stengel

Old 05-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
What's your secret? All I get these days is the wheel endlessly spinning 'round and 'round with no results ever appearing.
I just tried it and it worked pretty quickly.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Scott Smith

Slabwatch and 130point did not work for me. Anyone have a current method for finding best offer prices? TIA......
Old 08-04-2021, 05:49 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Most people think that Terapeak through eBay is going to be the only way after a while. Did you create a free login at PWCC Marketplace and search there?
Old 08-09-2021, 09:17 AM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Most people think that Terapeak through eBay is going to be the only way after a while. Did you create a free login at PWCC Marketplace and search there?
I did not- does this allow one to search all Ebay sales, not just those of PWCC?

Also, if this is an option, where on their menu do you search for this information?

Thank you!!

Any other current alternatives?

Last edited by mainemule; 08-09-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

130point.com worked for me.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:29 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemule View Post
I did not- does this allow one to search all Ebay sales, not just those of PWCC?

Also, if this is an option, where on their menu do you search for this information?
https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/market-price-research
Old 03-12-2022, 08:37 AM
Scott Smith

https://130point.com/

seems to have a database error....

"Error establishing a database connection"

Anyone have a current way to find actual best offers accepted?
Old 03-12-2022, 08:50 AM
Jay Shumsky

On eBay, click on the Sell at the top of the window. Then hover over Research in the list of options under Seller Hub and choose the first one, Terapeak product research. You can then search for anything over a specified date range, and the price listed will be what it sold for whether it was an auction, BIN or Best Offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eBay research.JPG (49.8 KB, 356 views)
Old 03-12-2022, 09:19 AM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
On eBay, click on the Sell at the top of the window. Then hover over Research in the list of options under Seller Hub and choose the first one, Terapeak product research. You can then search for anything over a specified date range, and the price listed will be what it sold for whether it was an auction, BIN or Best Offer.
Jay, big/huge thanks!!! Wowza!!!
Old 03-12-2022, 02:19 PM
James
James Kin.chen

https://130point.com/ Still works but instead of entering the item number like we used to you now need to enter the title of the auction, or most of it.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:14 PM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
https://130point.com/ Still works but instead of entering the item number like we used to you now need to enter the title of the auction, or most of it.
Good to know. Was definitely NOT working earlier today as I was on the correct URL.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:20 PM
Bradley Holt

Default Thanks guys!

https://130point.com/ Nice to know, this will help big time.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:20 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
I'm surprised how many people didn't know about the search function in their web browser.
What's a "web browser"?
Old 03-14-2022, 03:24 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:35 PM
Greg C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
the dial-up sound is pure nostalgia