NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-05-2021, 07:20 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default AH Emails, Never Too Many I Guess

So many auctions and a stunning amount of auction house emails. Is it me, or does it seem like auction houses now send 5x more emails than they used to. It used to be "hey, the auction is closing tonight . . . here's what you need to know." Now it seems the emails in all caps, heavily bolded, start a week before the auction and never let up. I personally don't need emails for four days in a row explaining how your auction is going to close. I like hearing from all these AHs, and it's cool seeing the eye candy, but please turn down the fire hose of emails a bit. I get the point of heavily blasting people, particularly as multiple auctions are always opening and closing. But it does seem like overkill.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:29 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
So many auctions and a stunning amount of auction house emails. Is it me, or does it seem like auction houses now send 5x more emails than they used to. It used to be "hey, the auction is closing tonight . . . here's what you need to know." Now it seems the emails in all caps, heavily bolded, start a week before the auction and never let up. I personally don't need emails for four days in a row explaining how your auction is going to close. I like hearing from all these AHs, and it's cool seeing the eye candy, but please turn down the fire hose of emails a bit. I get the point of heavily blasting people, particularly as multiple auctions are always opening and closing. But it does seem like overkill.
It seems like over kill. But I feel it is needed.
1. Because the auctions are often 3 to 5 weeks that it is easy to forget to check in on them
2. With so many different auctions as you said it would be easy to miss an auction and potentially a card a wanted
3. The power of delete. If I seen it and do not need it I do not even have to open it up

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 08-05-2021, 07:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Unsubscribe then. Problem solved.

Great card from the BST a few years back, before the prices got too crazy.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2021, 07:56 AM

I can't fault them for aggressive notification and marketing in a competitive environment. However, the one thing I really don't like is getting multiple emails after the initial bid deadline warning about the auction possibly ending soon when it's not relevant at all to me because I didn't place ANY bids in the auction.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:50 AM
Johnny MaZilli

I think once the investor exits this market is going to have a substantial pull back. I’ve been saying it for 2 years I’ve been wrong the whole 2 years, it just keeps going up. That’s what’s scary to me. I think now is the time to wait it out and not to chase anything. I could be wrong for the 3 year in a row and most likely I will…I guess I’m just two nervous about making anymore larger purchases of high end vintage.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:35 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Great card from the BST a few years back, before the prices got too crazy.

+1

Does the complaining these days over every little trivial thing never cease?
Old 08-05-2021, 09:44 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
+1

Does the complaining these days over every little trivial thing never cease?
No, never….just like AH emails.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:13 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Does complaining about others' complaining ever cease?

Sorry to derail this message board. You guys now get back to posting about developments in cancer research and global warming!
Old 08-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Bill Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Exactly! Too many emails. Too many auctions. Too hard to keep track of. Auctions last too long. Not enough memorabilia. Too much modern.

If this is a person's hobby, how much do they bitch about other things in their life?
Old 08-05-2021, 03:11 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Does complaining about others' complaining ever cease?

Sorry to derail this message board. You guys now get back to posting about developments in cancer research and global warming!
Waaaaaa!

How dare anyone not let you be a whiny loser and offer their own opinion.
I think you need your safe space.

And cancer research? You realize this site is about BASEBALL CARDS... correct????

The award for the most exaggerated and ridiculous comparison on Net54 goes to.....
Old 08-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoberts View Post
Exactly! Too many emails. Too many auctions. Too hard to keep track of. Auctions last too long. Not enough memorabilia. Too much modern.

If this is a person's hobby, how much do they bitch about other things in their life?
You're right, people like this must be a real joy to be around.