NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Default N172 - Oregon & Indy Finds

In my biased opinion, Dave Levin's Old Judge baseball card finds rank second to none. I was pleased to see Dave share his story on U-Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj6YBovZM7w

I have Detroit OJs from both finds and can't wait for his next. See you in Cleveland Dave!
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 AM
CHRIS AGARD

Default Old judge find

JOE thanks for sharing this , i found this to be very interesting since i have only been collecting for about a year and a half. I had not heard of this find. THANKS, CHRIS
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Jon Canfield

Nice video! I always like hearing these stories from the source.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:01 PM
David G

Default Great story

I also love the way he checks his cell phone as he is telling it!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
JeR@Me

Default Thanks for sharing...

Joe - Thanks for sharing the Youtube video with Dave's story... I just spoke with him on the phone this week and he relayed the same story to me on the tele... I can never get enough of these "finds" stories...

Here is the card from the Oregon find that I purchased from him this past week... Notice the glue circle... The image on the front is very nice as Hellman has his eyes on the ball ready to make contact !

-- Meant to add that Dave has a certain coolness about him while the cell phone was a petty distraction, I noticed the banging of the gongs, ur, I mean chimes in the background as he tells his 10 minute story was distracting to me, but humorous none the less! He did not flinch as the chimes were coming down on him...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OldJudgeTonyHellmanSiouxCity.jpg (48.7 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 07-11-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Chimes in background
Old 07-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Michael S

I also want to Thank Joe for posting this as I learned a little more about 19th Century cards. Great story and Dave was cool under the distractions as there was a plane about 3/4 in that sounded like it was landing right next to him.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:33 PM

Thanks for posting this... great to watch...

Dave is great as well... I've purchased many OJs from him over the past year.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Fred

Thanks for the link. That was pretty cool.

Dave, if you read this - go out and find another FIND. I still remember the early days of the Oregon Find and the anticipation of waiting for scans and prices. AWESOME!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:51 PM
David Levin

Default Thanks you guys

Hey,

Thanks Joe for the kind words and for helping me get all of that attention. Lots of people have been checking out the video.
Just put up the one for the indy find today. Now that I figured out how to use Movie Maker, my videos will be a bit better and I will be posting a lot more.

Any requests are welcome.

Thanks again guys.

ps. Joe, unfortunately I wont be in Cleveland this year

Last edited by gfgcom; 07-12-2009 at 03:20 AM.