NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Greg Mitchell

Default How to Judge Pricing on Zeenuts WITH Coupon

As you know, only a very small number retain their coupons--especially in early years, and the pop reports and VCP don't generally separate them out--and with very few sales of such in past to look for this seems to be one of the toughest values to set or guess at for a Zeenut from the first decade WITH coupon attached, even those graded. Except for a few Hall of Famers. Any sources out there to gain any insight at all?
Old 05-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Marc S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
As you know, only a very small number retain their coupons--especially in early years, and the pop reports and VCP don't generally separate them out--and with very few sales of such in past to look for this seems to be one of the toughest values to set or guess at for a Zeenut from the first decade WITH coupon attached, even those graded. Except for a few Hall of Famers. Any sources out there to gain any insight at all?
Greg-

You can shoot me an e-mail (mschoenen@gmail.com). There is not really a good rule of thumb on this, unfortunately, but I've been closely tracking tabbed Zeenut prices for the past 7-8 years, so may be able to be of assistance if you have examples you're trying to value-

m
Old 05-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I don't know of pricing sources for Zs with coupons, but somewhere in the ballpark of 10x-20x the value of one without, would be my semi educated guess. So if you have a nice common 1913 without coupon it might be $30- $40......One with a coupon will be between 10x-20x as much, and probably somewhere in the middle. That is my guess at the pricing. I have owned quite a few before.....(more than a hundred with coupons)

Last edited by Leon; 05-08-2017 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:19 PM
Greg Mitchell

Picked up my first Zeenut with coupon tonight and saw this thread--surprised that I started it 5 years ago! Anyway, here is the card, only one with coupon ever graded (and only one other, at SGC, without). I'm guessing I got fluke bargain but wonder what anyone may estimate actual value?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zeenut (3).jpg (175.1 KB, 232 views)
Old 06-28-2022, 05:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Great Zeenut. Their prices can swing a little but I would peg that one at about 400-500.....just an educated guess....your mileage may vary....

Last edited by Leon; 06-28-2022 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:21 AM
Ted Zanidakis

I concur with Leon....my only Zeenut with an intact Coupon was selling for $400 several years ago.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 06-28-2022, 01:38 PM
octavio ranzola

I bought two from leon will never sell ,,got good deals on both.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:57 PM
Michael

I paid $475 for this. It was on eBay for awhile, the BIN price kept getting lower but not low enough, then it was offered as an auction and I was the only bidder (as I recall...this was over a year ago and the listing is no longer up).

Which probably means I paid too much, since there wasn't a lot of competition for the card. Sometimes you just get tired of watching a card for years and decide it's time to buy it or stop watching it.

But I like Zeenuts with coupons and 1918 is a tough year. And it is always a plus for me when a Zeenut pictures not only a former (or soon-to-be) major leaguer but an interesting player. Crandall is "eligible" for many threads: good hitting pitchers, pitchers who played other positions, PCL Hall of Famers, 300 game winners (majors and minors combined).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1918 Zeenut Crandall.jpg (73.0 KB, 137 views)
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.

Last edited by molenick; 06-28-2022 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:16 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Nice Michael, that's a rare one. Here's my only coupon, BST pick-up.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img049 (2).jpg (180.7 KB, 133 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 06-28-2022, 04:51 PM
Michael

Thanks, I really like your 1915. I have one 1915 with tab which I am sure I paid too much for. And I need to look at BST more often!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1915 zeenut.jpg (97.4 KB, 127 views)
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.

Last edited by molenick; 06-28-2022 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by molenick View Post
I paid $475 for this. It was on eBay for awhile, the BIN price kept getting lower but not low enough, then it was offered as an auction and I was the only bidder (as I recall...this was over a year ago and the listing is no longer up).

Which probably means I paid too much, since there wasn't a lot of competition for the card. Sometimes you just get tired of watching a card for years and decide it's time to buy it or stop watching it.

But I like Zeenuts with coupons and 1918 is a tough year. And it is always a plus for me when a Zeenut pictures not only a former (or soon-to-be) major leaguer but an interesting player. Crandall is "eligible" for many threads: good hitting pitchers, pitchers who played other positions, PCL Hall of Famers, 300 game winners (majors and minors combined).
Love the red borders on those.

Here are the ones from my first collection. I don't own them any longer. It was fun doing the run...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe137mastergroupfinala.jpg (197.0 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Leon; 06-30-2022 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:01 PM
Michael

Those are great, Leon. In my mind, I am working on a Zeenut run with tabs but in actuality, I only have tabbed cards from six different years (plus some pre-tabbed cards from 1911 and 1912).

Last edited by molenick; 06-30-2022 at 08:01 PM.