NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-31-2021, 09:35 AM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhans View Post
362 new employees in the last 14 months. Wonder how many of them can spot a fake or altered card or tell the difference between an e120 and a w573.
I would guess very few, which may or may not be an issue. If they were hiring to meet the demand created by the glut of modern submissions, then being able to tell subtle differences in pre-war cards is probably not a requirement of the new employees.

I had always made the assumption that the grading companies operated in some type of assembly line fashion (which may or may not be correct). That would likely leave the logjam with the individual actually assigning the grade. To me, it would seem like there would or could potentially be a rather steep learning curve to this type of thing, even for someone with what many on this board would consider basic knowledge. As with many other business problems, throwing more people at a problem doesn't always make it go away.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 03-31-2021, 09:35 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Actually it was supposed to be the same grade.

Rich
Maybe that was the original plan but I can guarantee that is not what happened in all cases. I am not saying that they didn't change it to correct a mistake, just that it did happen. A long time hobby friend and fellow member was way more than a little mad when they done it to him.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:46 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
One of my fave meals is BBQ. In Texas it is just a fact. That said. have yawl seen how much BBQ has gone up recently? You would think they are in the grading business!

To answer Ed's question above, 0 graders will know the difference between an E120 and W573. They look the same on the front, ya know...
Yep. It has gotten more expensive but worth it at the great places. Have two right here in Central Texas. Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood and Creekside right here in Wimberley. Two of the best in Texas!
Old 03-31-2021, 10:02 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
One of my fave meals is BBQ. In Texas it is just a fact. That said. have yawl seen how much BBQ has gone up recently? You would think they are in the grading business!

To answer Ed's question above, 0 graders will know the difference between an E120 and W573. They look the same on the front, ya know...
TBH, I’ve never not had sticker shock at a BBQ joint, but I’ve never once regretted it, either. Expensive ingredients + a lot of labor is gonna cost you. The pandemic certainly isn’t helping the supply chain either. My guess is meat prices soar even higher as we head into prime grilling season, too.

As for PSA, it’s pretty rare that a company creates such a high demand for their product/service that they no longer even try to meet it. Usually when this happens another company swoops in to fill the gap, but I’m not so sure here. PSA is so much more preferred by everyone. I think Peter’s theory is interesting...that they come out of this and position themselves as a higher end option. If that happens, however, the hobby will be forced to accept an alternative TPG as the leader in the lower end, and I see no front runner there. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out, nonetheless.

Last edited by conor912; 03-31-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:07 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealme View Post
I would guess very few, which may or may not be an issue. If they were hiring to meet the demand created by the glut of modern submissions, then being able to tell subtle differences in pre-war cards is probably not a requirement of the new employees.

I had always made the assumption that the grading companies operated in some type of assembly line fashion (which may or may not be correct). That would likely leave the logjam with the individual actually assigning the grade. To me, it would seem like there would or could potentially be a rather steep learning curve to this type of thing, even for someone with what many on this board would consider basic knowledge. As with many other business problems, throwing more people at a problem doesn't always make it go away.

Cheers,
Mark
Remember many of the newly hired employees are NOT hired as graders. You need people to accept mail, open mail, ship out packages, do data entry, do accounting, etc. Never assume everyone is hired as a grader and frankly many of the people just need to be proficient at what they are hired for, not card knowledge
Old 03-31-2021, 10:12 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Have you ever seen prices go down? Maybe for a blip but not much at all. My guess is prices for grading goes up. New owners and all....

Like when the College Board eliminated the essay part of the SATs, and exam fees went up because they had 'restructured' the exam.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:22 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
There are enough devout PSA addicts that will just save up their cards rather than sub to a different TPG. PSA could see a tidal wave come July 1 and be right back where they started....
Exactly! SGC ain't getting shit!
Old 03-31-2021, 10:50 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Unless those lower tiers never come back, which would not surprise me.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:01 AM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Who is "Anthony Rendon"?
Adam - You do live in LA, right? Modern is clearly a four letter word to you.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 03-31-2021, 11:05 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

I thought PSA was justifying their recent prices increases by including a side of BBQ with each order.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:03 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Adam - You do live in LA, right? Modern is clearly a four letter word to you.
So, an athlete?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-31-2021, 01:07 PM

Interesting recent article - PSA claims Pokemon submissions have greatly affected their turnaround times. Pokemon Company says they can't print cards fast enough.

Yes, newer sports cards are overwhelming PSA, but Pokemon sounds like a huge contributing factor to the long delays.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:17 PM
Garth Guibord

I just can't see the logic that another grading company can take advantage of this. PSA gets higher prices because of its registry. People use PSA because they get higher prices due to the registry. I'm pretty sure that if people were willing to wait six months or so to get their cards back after being graded anyway, pausing submissions until July won't incentivize anyone to go to another TPG. There isn't another TPG that has remotely positioned themselves to taking advantage of this situation and PSA surely knows this.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:18 PM
Howard Chasser

Default To the contrary

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
They are in process of getting about $3k of my business!

I can "afford" to sell cards for less in SGC holders if I need to - I can't sell crap from the 5 orders that I have sitting at PSA from as early as JULY! I can't make $$ on inventory that I can't sell. Secondly, the difference in grading fee allows me "room" to sell an SGC graded card for $75 less (for cards valued under $499) and still be in the same place net should I choose to do so.

The only reason I have heard that gives me any pause is the extra piece of pointy plastic (on the black plastic insert) that another board member found in his recently received slab.

This situation reminds of the "soup nazi" episode of seinfeld!! - NO GRADES FOR YOU!

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.

Last edited by hcv123; 03-31-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:20 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
So, an athlete?
What if I had replaced Rendon with Teofimo Lopez, would that help?

Last edited by Arazi4442; 03-31-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:33 PM
Robert Williams

I get exactly what Howard is saying. I still have a hard time pulling the trigger on SGC, when PSA brings sooooooooooooooooooooo much more money!!! Irregardless, sounds like all the Big Boys are gonna be charging AT MINIMUM, $20 per card to get stuff graded. I will wait and see if the quarterly specials resume. The swinging 60's was a good one.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:47 PM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
BTW- the Onion started in Madison, WI - Go Badgers!
Old 03-31-2021, 02:25 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

I just don’t understand how hard it is for SGC to put together a registry. Give the data to a few college kids and they’d build it in a week for beer money.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:40 PM
Johnny MaZilli

SGC May have to raise their pricing for a while to keep from becoming overwhelmed. Idk
Old 03-31-2021, 02:42 PM
Scott Russell

Couple thoughts.

1. What's the difference if your cards sit in your possession or PSA's? If a bulk submission was going to take 9 months anyway it doesn't disincentivize you to wait for PSA to get caught up in 4 months and then take another two to grade your bulk order, providing they get their ducks in a row for the slamming they are going to take if and when they accept bulk again.

2. This MIGHT hurt the raw card market on low value raw, high value PSA 10, cards. Jordan cards like 89 Fleer which were selling for nice money raw to people who intended to gamble with it may suffer as there is no way you're going to gamble $300 on grading that card.

3. It might well HELP the versions of those cards already graded because they are no longer infinite until PSA makes it affordable to grade them again. So cards like PSA 9 and 10 1989 UD Griffey might actually go up FURTHER because the supply isn't going to increase for a while and if the speculators are holding onto theirs it may make them appear more scarce than they actually are.

That's three thoughts actually but the last one hit me while I was typing the 2nd.

So if I were in this market personally, I'd likely look to buy raw and sell graded, not immediately, but I'd definitely be watching things closely.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 03-31-2021, 02:54 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Couple thoughts.

1. What's the difference if your cards sit in your possession or PSA's? If a bulk submission was going to take 9 months anyway it doesn't disincentivize you to wait for PSA to get caught up in 4 months and then take another two to grade your bulk order, providing they get their ducks in a row for the slamming they are going to take if and when they accept bulk again.

2. This MIGHT hurt the raw card market on low value raw, high value PSA 10, cards. Jordan cards like 89 Fleer which were selling for nice money raw to people who intended to gamble with it may suffer as there is no way you're going to gamble $300 on grading that card.

3. It might well HELP the versions of those cards already graded because they are no longer infinite until PSA makes it affordable to grade them again. So cards like PSA 9 and 10 1989 UD Griffey might actually go up FURTHER because the supply isn't going to increase for a while and if the speculators are holding onto theirs it may make them appear more scarce than they actually are.

That's three thoughts actually but the last one hit me while I was typing the 2nd.

So if I were in this market personally, I'd likely look to buy raw and sell graded, not immediately, but I'd definitely be watching things closely.
Isn't the part I made bold the whole idea anyway? There is no more money in selling PSA cards than SGC or Beckett if you bought them graded. Sure PSA might sell for more but that just means you paid more for it. I always though the real money was buying raw and selling PSA graded cards.

Then if you can do a few group subs so others are paying to get your cards graded you can make even more. At least that has always been my take on it.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:26 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Then if you can do a few group subs so others are paying to get your cards graded you can make even more. At least that has always been my take on it.
I must be doing something wrong then......
Old 03-31-2021, 03:35 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I must be doing something wrong then......
Charge an extra $1 a card then. On a 500 card sub that should be several free cards for the work of doing the submission.

To be clear Bobby what you do for everyone on the forum is great, I have even got in on at least one before.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:37 PM
Scott Russell

Ben, sure but I think the difference is going to be more extreme than in the past. Also right now speculators are hoarding the graded stuff. Cards you used to find 40 of on Ebay at any given time aren't there at all right now. I'm also not talking about doing it with the idea of grading the raw that you buy and flipping it. I'm specifically thinking because you will be UNABLE to do just that it may have interesting repercussions on the raw card world.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 03-31-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:05 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I just don’t understand how hard it is for SGC to put together a registry. Give the data to a few college kids and they’d build it in a week for beer money.
Is it possible that the registry idea is proprietary to PSA (or their lawyers are at least pushing that narrative), and that is the reason none of the other TPG's have followed in those footsteps?
Old 03-31-2021, 04:08 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Is it possible that the registry idea is proprietary to PSA (or their lawyers are at least pushing that narrative), and that is the reason none of the other TPG's have followed in those footsteps?
Also............don't understand why anybody would need anything more then a Pop report to get a feel for value, rarity, demand, etc......

Anything beyond that is just a d*ck measuring contest.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:08 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I am asking because I got out of graded cards. Did SGC completely get rid of the crappy registry they used to have?
Old 03-31-2021, 04:09 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I am asking because I got out of graded cards. Did SGC completely get rid of the crappy registry they used to have?

I don't know, LOL. I just (barely), got into graded.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:18 PM
Howard Chasser

Default No

Quote:
SGC had one - it just wasn't very user friendly.

As discussed in another thread the time is ripe for a 3rd party registry that is inclusive of at least the big 3 grading companies (PSA, SGC and Beckett).

Re: what's the difference if you have inventory or PSA has it? Really? Imagine how an auction company would do with no consignments (their "inventory"). I'm more "okay" with PSA not taking subs than taking them and saying we have no idea when we will get these back to you. 3 of the 5 subs I have there were submitted while they still had turnaround estimates. 1 of them coming up on a year now. VERY different for a collector just looking to put a card away (in which case I agree with your assessment).

It is definitely going to be interesting to see how this move affects the market both short and long term. A number of different possible outcomes.

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:19 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
It was a hot mess that they were "updating" and going to release the new and better version of. As that statement got stale and old (that was the line for YEARS) they finally admitted defeat and pulled the plug on it a few months ago.

Old 03-31-2021, 04:24 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Agreed. Did you catch Barret-Jackson last week? Thursday and Friday usually pretty sedate, this year it was weekend prices from the get go, 75k cards going for 200k, the commentators were blown away. This isn't going to end until it ends badly.
somebody offered me 100, then 125 and finally 150K the other day on a drive around the block in the Resto Mod. It was tough not to say "Here's the Keys fatso". He said it would cost him 200 to build it today if he could find someone to do it. There is a year wait at most good builders. VROOOOMMMMMM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (78.4 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg My Trans Am.jpg (82.6 KB, 506 views)
Old 03-31-2021, 04:35 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
somebody offered me 100, then 125 and finally 150K the other day on a drive around the block in the Resto Mod. It was tough not to say "Here's the Keys fatso". He said it would cost him 200 to build it today if he could find someone to do it. There is a year wait at most good builders. VROOOOMMMMMM

Still less time then it takes PSA to get your cards back to you.

Zing!

I'm here all night folks!
Old 03-31-2021, 04:43 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
Nice ride Chuck. My uncle had a white/blue 74 with the HO 455. My cousin and I used to beat the hell out of it back in the day.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:29 PM
Fred

I'm not a PSA fan but I don't think this is going to change anything as far as collectors opinions are concerned. PSA will be the desired slab for most people that like TPG flips.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:51 PM

i'm still not caught up on the registry thing - what's the point of it? is it just people registering their collection online?
Old 03-31-2021, 06:57 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
i'm still not caught up on the registry thing - what's the point of it? is it just people registering their collection online?
It's never too late to get into it.

It is basically a dick measuring contest for most. Others it is a nice way to keep track of your collection.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:

It is basically a dick measuring contest for most. Others it is a nice way to keep track of your collection.
Pretty funny. I can think of several less costly, and more accurate, measuring methods.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:

i was gonna say that, but you went and said it for me
Old 03-31-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:

I have one set registered with PSA - my t206 set. Why? 100% a dick flaunt. I admit it, guilty. And god damn is it addictive. PSA’s registry is absolutely brilliant.

I add, I am not really a set guy. I only own two other complete sets - E104–II pirates (mix of SGC and PSA) and 1906 Lincoln Publishing (all SGC, but I bought it this way). I am far along on a D304 set (mix of SGC and PSA). No thought of/care for the PSA registry for these. I collect cards in both slabs. All things equal, I prefer my rare stuff in SGC slabs (bc SGC is much more knowledgeable/better) and more “commodity” cards in PSA (bc of value). But generally speaking, I will buy a card in either flip if I like the card. I will not buy 1950 or older cards in any other flip.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 03-31-2021 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:57 AM
Johnny MaZilli

https://gosgc.com/update-20210401?fb...Xe6-kH_7V9UFlI

I called it above
Old 04-01-2021, 07:41 AM
Deron
Der.on Dix.on

Default Are Tickets and Autos included?

Does anyone know if tickets and/or autographs are included?
Old 04-01-2021, 07:51 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

Vintage cars and baseball cards. Oh yeah. Two of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (80.3 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (80.0 KB, 350 views)
Old 04-01-2021, 07:55 AM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Surely, this is an April Fools' joke. $75.00 a card?

Edit: No, it is now legitimately $75.00 a card.

Wow - just a 400% increase from the $15.00 a card just a month ago. I'm in the wrong business!

Last edited by Tyruscobb; 04-01-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:08 AM
Jeff Sherman

Default So it goes

We know that PSA cannot reliably detect trimming. The stories here and elsewhere demonstrate that beyond any real argument. Yet there is such a demand for PSA grading, despite its demonstrated unreliability, that they have to close their doors to new business.

SGC rolls out its "new" website, kills its Registry (such as it was, at least you could somewhat track your own inventory), and, after ceremoniously announcing it was largely caught up with demand, jacks its prices up 200% immediately after PSA announces its temporary shuttered doors.

Beckett seems to have no traction in the graded pre-war card market (not sure, I don't follow BVG or Beckett on eBay).

CSG is a new kid on the block with some pedigree, but seems not to be able yet to grade anything after 1980 all that well. Yet. Its prices fetched seem to reflect the market not the quality of their work, but we'll see.

Submitting anything but reliably high-value cards is now out of reach. People like me, who don't rip open boxes of shiny new basketball cards from boxes snuck out the back of WalMart are left pretty much with nowhere to turn.

COVID or none, the card collecting marketplace has now, I think, been irretrievably changed, and not for the better. On top of all the other losses and disappointments of the last year, the adverse changes to the hobby I've loved for over 50 years is truly disheartening.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:22 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
Surely, this is an April Fools' joke. $75.00 a card?

Edit: No, it is now legitimately $75.00 a card.

Wow - just a 400% increase from the $15.00 a card just a month ago. I'm in the wrong business!
So has anyone actually started a submission today to see if it is a company trying to be funny with a April fools joke?

If not good for them if they can get a minimum of $75 a card. Raising the prices makes way more sense that hiring/training a bunch of people they will just have to lay off once all the new investors/collectors drop the hobby like a hot rock when they return to normal activities.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
So has anyone actually started a submission today to see if it is a company trying to be funny with a April fools joke?

If not good for them if they can get a minimum of $75 a card. Raising the prices makes way more sense that hiring/training a bunch of people they will just have to lay off once all the new investors/collectors drop the hobby like a hot rock when they return to normal activities.
I hear this is NOT an April Fools joke but a real response.

Rich
Old 04-01-2021, 11:03 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I hear this is NOT an April Fools joke but a real response.

Rich
Thanks for the confirmation Rich.

I was going to start a sub to see if it was a joke or not. Then they asked for my password and it has been so long since my last sub I couldn't remember it.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:23 AM
David M.

PSA announced today that they have stopped grading cards and will now just sell the sealed slabs with grades attached. Joe Orlando stated, “Here at PSA, we began to realize that the real value is in the PSA slab itself, and it doesn’t really matter what card is in the slab. Plus, grading cards is really difficult and very time consuming. We were falling behind in grading our submissions, so we finally decided to stop grading cards. I mean really, what’s the point?”

“From now on going forward, our customers can order a slab with a card identifier and grade they would like. So say you always wanted a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle in a PSA 6 slab, just order the slab you want! Now you don’t have to wade through those giant auction catalogs any longer looking for that elusive PSA slab you need. Just order it directly from PSA! We are currently working out the pricing, and basing it on the latest completed auctions for cards sold in our PSA slabs. Look for a price list to come out soon.”

APRIL FOOLS! (I hope)
Old 04-01-2021, 11:36 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
PSA announced today that they have stopped grading cards and will now just sell the sealed slabs with grades attached. Joe Orlando stated, “Here at PSA, we began to realize that the real value is in the PSA slab itself, and it doesn’t really matter what card is in the slab. Plus, grading cards is really difficult and very time consuming. We were falling behind in grading our submissions, so we finally decided to stop grading cards. I mean really, what’s the point?”

“From now on going forward, our customers can order a slab with a card identifier and grade they would like. So say you always wanted a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle in a PSA 6 slab, just order the slab you want! Now you don’t have to wade through those giant auction catalogs any longer looking for that elusive PSA slab you need. Just order it directly from PSA! We are currently working out the pricing, and basing it on the latest completed auctions for cards sold in our PSA slabs. Look for a price list to come out soon.”

APRIL FOOLS! (I hope)
That is funny. I remember when a very similar thing was said about GAI. They would send you the slab, flip, and slab sealer so you could slab your own card. When done you would put the sealer back in the box and mark it "wrong address return to sender" to save on shipping.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimberleycardcollector View Post
Vintage cars and baseball cards. Oh yeah. Two of mine.
VERY NICE, but are they graded? I think there is an auto grader AGA? You'll need them to sub, so they pop in the registry, otherwise they are fake....and no fun.