NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-10-2022, 04:14 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
As far as I know, removing the card from its sealed holder would void any guarantee it might have had before removal. It's analogous to cracking a PSA/SGC card out of its case.

I mostly agree with this stance; however, I'm hopeful they'll make exceptions for cards sent (still sealed, of course) to third party graders.

Perhaps a cottage industry will spring forth wherein a bulk submitter will examine the eBay seal - before inspecting the card for authenticity - before removing the seal - before submitting the card to PSA. (nothing could possibly go wrong with that, right?)
Hi Eric,

I understand about breaking something out of a holder would void a guarantee and so on. I was thinking more of the person that wants to put the raw card in a binder, or do something else with it. Also, wasn't that card being listed by the seller in that same screwdown holder on Ebay? So does that mean you get your card locked into whatever holder the seller sends it to the authentication company with? So what if the holder has scratches or glue/tape on it, or it's not in a rigid holder? You as the buyer apparently have no say/choice in the matter of how you then want to protect and display the card, unless you're willing to throw away the authenticity guarantee. My point is for now it may be okay because you're not paying for the authentication service, but once someone does have to start paying for it, I would think they may want to be able to retain that authenticity guarantee they are paying for, and also use/display the raw card they're also paying for, as they wish. Or is it possibly a calculated and well thought out move on the part of Ebay to make it so most buyers will want to break/remove the authenticity guarantee tape/seals, and thereby let Ebay off the guarantee going forward? They offer the service for free now, to test it out and then hopefully build up acceptance and desire by everyone to want it. And then later on start charging for it, thereby creating another Ebay revenue stream, but knowing at the same time that a very large portion of those using the service will most likely void the guarantee upon receipt of the card(s) by the buyer, and their breaking the card(s) out of whatever holder the seller originally put it/them in.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:12 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburl View Post
From my perspective (as the person who bought the card), the authenticator didn't make a mistake. The person who listed the item title (which is the only thing that shows up on eBay) made an error. The "authenticator" verified that the card is, indeed, "authentic," meaning that it isn't a forgery. That's all I would expect out of the service, that I admittedly don't really want.

-Justin (Burl) Burleson
As opposed to what? A forgery from the '1952' set? Seriously. How can they authenticate it is not a forgery if they can't even identify correctly what the non-forgery card is? It certainly isn't an "authentic 1951 Diamond Star".

Regardless, I am sincerely glad though that you were able to a good deal based off an inaccurate description. Since it's registered, I'm wondering what would happen with ebay if you tried to sell it as an authentic 1935 Diamond Star without voiding the seal.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:14 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
But I guess for now it's no big deal as no one's paying for the authentication service..............yet!
Yeah, and in looking at the packaging that was involved, I seriously doubt it's going to be free for long. Someone's going to have to pay somehow at some time.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:33 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
The story nobody is discussing:

A card in a screwdown holder listed on eBay was actually authentic.
Proof that miracles do happen.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:21 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
As opposed to what? A forgery from the '1952' set? Seriously. How can they authenticate it is not a forgery if they can't even identify correctly what the non-forgery card is? It certainly isn't an "authentic 1951 Diamond Star".
I cannot believe anyone is defending this. This is what eBay's "Director of Trading Cards " says about the service:

MEANS: If it doesn’t pass our authentication — which basically means the card that was actually shipped was not, in our authenticator’s opinion, the card that was listed — it gets returned to the seller, and it’s a done deal.

MEANS: We want buyers to get what they thought they were getting, we want sellers to feel confident that the buyer’s going to be happy with their purchase. At its simplest, it’s making sure that when someone buys a Kobe Bryant, they get a Kobe Bryant and they don’t accidentally get a LeBron. It prevents mistakes from happening, too, which are always frustrating.

So, let's see: The card shipped is not the card listed, and the buyer who thinks they're buying a 1951 card gets a 1935 card instead.

They can't even meet the most base level expectations of the service. What a joke.

Source: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...914xlepioy0s5v
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-10-2022, 06:47 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I cannot believe anyone is defending this. This is what eBay's "Director of Trading Cards " says about the service:

MEANS: If it doesn’t pass our authentication — which basically means the card that was actually shipped was not, in our authenticator’s opinion, the card that was listed — it gets returned to the seller, and it’s a done deal.

MEANS: We want buyers to get what they thought they were getting, we want sellers to feel confident that the buyer’s going to be happy with their purchase. At its simplest, it’s making sure that when someone buys a Kobe Bryant, they get a Kobe Bryant and they don’t accidentally get a LeBron. It prevents mistakes from happening, too, which are always frustrating.

So, let's see: The card shipped is not the card listed, and the buyer who thinks they're buying a 1951 card gets a 1935 card instead.

They can't even meet the most base level expectations of the service. What a joke.

Source: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...914xlepioy0s5v

So in your opinion, Ebay should have returned the card to the seller and refunded the buyer?

You can just ask the buyer in this thread, if they actually thought they were getting a 1951 card.

I HATE that I'm defending Ebay here but.............

I think the spirit of the policy was fulfilled.

I still think it's a stupid service that will eventually just turn into another cash grab for Ebay.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:54 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
So in your opinion, Ebay should have returned the card to the seller and refunded the buyer?

You can just ask the buyer in this thread, if they actually thought they were getting a 1951 card.

I HATE that I'm defending Ebay here but.............

I think the spirit of the policy was fulfilled.

I still think it's a stupid service that will eventually just turn into another cash grab for Ebay.
My point is that, according to their director's description of the service, this card should not have passed their authentication process as a 1951 Diamond Stars, which it did.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-10-2022, 08:38 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburl View Post
That's just the listing title, which is why i was able to get it for a dedent price. It does raise some questions, but I'm just thankful I got the card!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I'm happy you got a fake 51'. That is retarded. it's clearly a fake 35. Fake.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-10-2022 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:42 PM
Steven Finley

Don’t have an opinion on the service as I haven’t used it yet. Normally that’s how I treat my opinions on services. Except car washes. They are dumb. Wash your own car.... When I finally use the service I’ll provide an opinion if it’s warranted. If it’s not crazy awesome or crazy bad I probably won’t because the opinions of neutral people are boring.

The one opinion I can provide is that the fact there are near two full pages of responses of people calling the service a sham because a seller fat fingered his keyboard and mislabeled a card is idiotic. That’s my opinion. It was a legit card mislabeled. It was authentic, evidentially. Is it a cash grab? Yeah I don’t know. Will it fail spectacularly? Yes or no - one of those two or possibly maybe. Did it fail because it shipped a buyer an authentic card from a seller who has Arabic numeral dyslexia? No, that’s dumb.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:00 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

So what should have happened? The authenticator should have identified it as a 1934-36 Diamond Stars card, entered that into their database, and then contacted the buyer to see if that's what they wanted when they purchased the item. To declare it to be an authentic 1951 card, which it clearly is not, is against the mission of the authenticator. And they are making the assumption that the item is what the buyer intended to buy, by sending it through automatically. Because once it gets to the buyer, he cannot return it for not being authentic.

Another question is whether or not they removed it from the screwdown holder. Because the card may actually be skinned and both parts are shown. Without removing the card from the original holder, they can't readily make that determination, right? Maybe they can? But I doubt it.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:25 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I'm happy you got a fake 51'. That is retarded. it's clearly a fake 35. Fake.
Are you claiming the Diamond Stars card is fake?

I'm not asking about it having been labeled with the wrong year. Clearly, the Diamond Stars set was not produced in 1951.

I'm asking if it's a counterfeit card. I was under the impression the card is genuine R327 Hank "Greenburg" (Greenberg).

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 02-11-2022, 10:59 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
If I sell a card for over $750, I will now have to get it authenticated by eBay. Instead of arriving in 3 - 4 days at the buyers residence, it will now arrive in a week or two.

What happens if I have an impatient buyer who now blames me for the delay in receiving his card? What prevents him from leaving Negative feedback because it took too long for the card to arrive from eBay's authentication process? Will eBay still allow buyers to leave a negative due to the delay in receiving their card?
I think this will be the crux of problems with this also. I don't mind personally but I think it will bring a bunch of negs from long arrival times.

The general public can usually be confidently relied on to be moronic.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I think this will be the crux of problems with this also. I don't mind personally but I think it will bring a bunch of negs from long arrival times.

The general public can usually be confidently relied on to be moronic.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-11-2022 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:03 PM
Kris Sweck@rd

Update:
The seller mailed the card on Monday. Today, I received the following email from eBay

Hi Kris,
Our authentication partner received your item from the seller but, unfortunately, it didn’t pass inspection. We assess items covered by Authenticity Guarantee against the highest standards, and reject items for a variety of reasons, including damaged packaging, missing accessories, not matching the seller’s description, or an inability to confirm authenticity.

I also received a notice from PayPal stating I received a full refund.

So, from the day the seller finally mailed the card, it only took 4 days (and most of that was USPS). The success of the program will be determined over the long term, but in this case, they certainly met expectations.
Old 02-11-2022, 03:05 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris19 View Post
Update:
The seller mailed the card on Monday. Today, I received the following email from eBay
That is excellent. Thanks for running the test.
Old 02-13-2022, 05:32 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Kris,
Can you check regularly to see if eBay removes the seller from their site? Wondering if 1 or multiple fakes being passed as real finally gets eBay to ban these fraudsters.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Kris Sweck@rd

Will do. Unfortunately, he sold four other fake cards to other buyers for under $750 shortly after I explained the program to him. I’m sure it was just a coincidence that he priced them under $750, although the value of the same legitimate card is much higher.

The good news is that he currently does not have any cards listed, just a few non-card items.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:25 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris19 View Post
Update:

Hi Kris,
Our authentication partner received your item from the seller but, unfortunately, it didn’t pass inspection. We assess items covered by Authenticity Guarantee against the highest standards, and reject items for a variety of reasons, including damaged packaging, missing accessories, not matching the seller’s description, or an inability to confirm authenticity.

I also received a notice from PayPal stating I received a full refund.

So, from the day the seller finally mailed the card, it only took 4 days (and most of that was USPS). The success of the program will be determined over the long term, but in this case, they certainly met expectations.
Kris, was the card you purchased something you expected to fail the authenticity check?
Old 02-13-2022, 10:39 AM
Kris Sweck@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
Kris, was the card you purchased something you expected to fail the authenticity check?
Hi Jay! Yes, as I estimated in post #56 in this thread, I was 99.9% sure it was fake. Just wanted to test out the authentication program and timing.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:37 PM

Thought this might be pertinent to add...

They literally didn't tape the box that they sent. Just closed lid with a label. Anyone along the way could have opened it. Luckily everything arrived in tact.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Rich Klein

I just saw on twitter that someone is claiming the new threshold is $500. If so, more cards to be done that way.

Rich
Old 02-15-2022, 11:01 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I just saw on twitter that someone is claiming the new threshold is $500. If so, more cards to be done that way.

Rich
If true, it apparently hasn't caused any change to existing listings yet. A card I am watching is priced at $580 and there is nothing on the listing about it getting authenticated.

Last edited by jayshum; 02-15-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:55 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I just got a PM on eBay from eBay stating the threshold is now $500 for ungraded cards. No sign so far of them hitting my graded stuff.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-15-2022, 01:15 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
If true, it apparently hasn't caused any change to existing listings yet. A card I am watching is priced at $580 and there is nothing on the listing about it getting authenticated.
The same card I was watching and commented on a few hours ago now does show the Authenticity Guarantee on the listing so looks like updates are happening.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:26 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post

They literally didn't tape the box that they sent. Just closed lid with a label. Anyone along the way could have opened it. Luckily everything arrived in tact.
I call bullshit unless you have pics to prove it. Not saying it couldn't happen, people make mistakes and perhaps someone forgot to tape one box, but this obviously isn't standard practice, and I see no reason to believe you without evidence.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:15 AM

Ebay is slowly implementing this new "service", they will probably keep gradually lowering the $ amount and then implement their fee as people become used to the process. I don't believe there is a way to opt out, you will at one point be required to use the service on even lower dollar cards and pay for it....
Old 02-16-2022, 11:30 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I call bullshit unless you have pics to prove it. Not saying it couldn't happen, people make mistakes and perhaps someone forgot to tape one box, but this obviously isn't standard practice, and I see no reason to believe you without evidence.

Shows picture of un-taped box.

"You removed the tape from the box"

Why would he lie about something as ambiguous as that?
Old 02-16-2022, 03:02 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Shows picture of un-taped box.

"You removed the tape from the box"

Why would he lie about something as ambiguous as that?
First off, people in this hobby lie all the time. The blowhard forums are chock-full of absolute nonsense. But even absent of intentional mistruths, what I run into more often in this community usually amounts to simple incompetence. Someone reads something that someone else posted and twists it into something it isn't because they lack reading comprehension skills or critical thinking skills, and then they repost it, others gobble it up, and next thing you know people start spouting out nonsense and every believes it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that this "no tape" claim is someone who read some post on Blowhard where someone posted a picture of their eBay certified box, then someone else commented, "why is there no tape on that box?" (meanwhile, it was there all along, just on the back corner that isn't pictured) and next thing you know, all the eBay haters and TPG haters jump in and pile on with the "See! They don't even tape the boxes! I told you this was going to be a joke!". This shit happens ALL THE TIME. So, like I said. Sure, it's plausible. But I have no reason to believe this without evidence.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:03 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:

Was this a box you received, Sean?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 02-16-2022, 04:34 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
Ebay is slowly implementing this new "service", they will probably keep gradually lowering the $ amount and then implement their fee as people become used to the process. I don't believe there is a way to opt out, you will at one point be required to use the service on even lower dollar cards and pay for it....
Any sales from 3/1 on, FVF are going up to 12.9%.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center...es-update.html
Old 02-16-2022, 04:42 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Any sales from 3/1 on, FVF are going up to 12.9%.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center...es-update.html

....and the other shoe drops.......and that final value fee will also be charged for collecting shipping charges, sales taxes and VAT taxes.

That ain't the end of it either. No way that's not going to include a "free" service of "authenticating" your cards, for very long.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:27 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
and that final value fee will also be charged for collecting shipping charges, sales taxes and VAT taxes.
This has been the case for a long time. This is not new.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:50 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
This has been the case for a long time. This is not new.
I wasn’t suggesting it was new. I was suggesting the higher fee was new……and the higher fee also applies to sales tax, vat tax and shipping fees, just like it has since EBay took over the merchant processing from PayPal.

It’s a price hike across the board, that makes what some might see as a smaller price hike, bigger then it seems, since they are taking a big portion of parts of the sale, that most sellers don’t make a penny on.

You think that’s cool, well good for you.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:29 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:

I don't want to be a Richard, but the word is intact. It is not two words. I see people on this site regularly misspell the word. If it arrived in tact does that mean it arrived in a tasteful manner?

There may be one loophole around this authenticity issue that the handwringers have not mentioned. Increase your postage. If you have an item that you would sell for $500 and ship for $10, raise the postage to $35 and sell for $475. Sure, the FVF will still be high, but you then avoid extra hands on the item and delays in getting it to the buyer.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 02-16-2022 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2022, 05:09 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Does anyone know if the seller gets paid like before or do they have to wait for the card to be authenticated before Ebay releases the funds?
I sold my first $750 card 2 days ago and just received my payout this morning. So that answers that.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

LOL. Just close the box, we are good..........that's funny.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:08 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

My card was delivered to the Authenticater yesterday afternoon, got an email this morning saying the card was authenticated and mailed to the buyer. Less than 24 hours.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:13 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
My card was delivered to the Authenticater yesterday afternoon, got an email this morning saying the card was authenticated and mailed to the buyer. Less than 24 hours.
Is it a 1951 Diamond Stars?
Old 02-23-2022, 02:21 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Ebay earnings are out. It's getting blasted down $6 approx 12pct.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:19 PM
K Farrell

eBay item # 165345513894 - maybe someone can add the actual EBay listing.

I bought this T205 Cobb today hoping that the authentication process works. The listing has the usual red flags; bad photos, seller doesn’t sell any vintage. But the color looks good and the Polar Bear staining is similar to other T205’s that I own. I asked the seller if he thinks it’s real, and he said it’s good - we will see. eBay already notified me it’s been sent to authenticator.

What do the T205 experts think? Real or fake?
Old 02-26-2022, 04:42 PM
Randy Trierweiler

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16534551389...p2047675.l2557
Old 02-26-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte View Post

I bought this T205 Cobb today hoping that the authentication process works. The listing has the usual red flags; bad photos, seller doesn’t sell any vintage. But the color looks good and the Polar Bear staining is similar to other T205’s that I own. I asked the seller if he thinks it’s real, and he said it’s good - we will see. eBay already notified me it’s been sent to authenticator.

I am going to say fake, because when magnifying the front image, I can see those telltale 'squiggle' lines of inauthentic cards, especially in the white areas of the 1st and 3rd base in the design.

Brian
Old 02-26-2022, 05:54 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I wouldn't bid on that card with those poor photos. Out-of-focus images of the back are pointless. However, the card is not an obvious fake and most reprints will be. Could be genuine.

Quote:

Last edited by drcy; 02-26-2022 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:38 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

It could be real IMO based on the pics but I doubt it.

I would say you were astute to buy it under the new Ebay authentication standards. You can't be out anything and you may have won a card worth $10K for peanuts.

I'm sure you will update us with the outcome.
Old 02-26-2022, 08:10 PM
Rob

Looks fake to me, as described by Brian, it has the fake craquelure look to it. eBay may still okay it. My concern is the "swinging-sixties" scenario, where they keep the money and the card for over 18 months.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:37 AM
Randy

it is probably fake
Old 03-01-2022, 09:18 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Quote:
+1
Sold a card requiring their review. It was authenticated and mailed to buyer approximately 1 day from when they received.
Old 03-10-2022, 02:21 PM
K Farrell

After about 10 days shipping to the authenticator (for the Cobb T205) , I received the following message:

"Our authentication partner received your item from the seller but, unfortunately it doesn't pass inspection. This happens when the item doesn't match the listing description or they are not able to confirm the authenticity of the item. We are refunding $666.82 back to your original payment method."

The refund to PayPal was received just a few minutes later. I should note that the original listing stated that the seller does not accept returns. So at least in this case, EBay authentication over ruled the seller policy.

Does anyone have an authentic Cobb T205 for sale at $666.82?
Old 03-11-2022, 07:03 AM
Al Stein

Well the process seems to be working so far.

I have mostly raw cards in my collection and I have hope now that I may be able to sell them someday without the time and cost of sending to a grading company first. Wouldn't that be nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2022, 11:21 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
After about 10 days shipping to the authenticator (for the Cobb T205) , I received the following message:

"Our authentication partner received your item from the seller but, unfortunately it doesn't pass inspection. This happens when the item doesn't match the listing description or they are not able to confirm the authenticity of the item. We are refunding $666.82 back to your original payment method."

The refund to PayPal was received just a few minutes later. I should note that the original listing stated that the seller does not accept returns. So at least in this case, EBay authentication over ruled the seller policy.

Does anyone have an authentic Cobb T205 for sale at $666.82?
So much for buying stuff that's not listed properly. Some of my best deals have been from poor or incorrect listings.