NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-01-2023, 07:19 AM

Default I dont want a catalog -- UNSUBSCRIBE!!! Tell Me how

Every month I throw away tens of pounds of unopened catalogues that must cost the AH a fortune to send. I do not want these! I do not look at them. I am sick of tossing them. I cannot be only the one who feels this way.

Every AH frequents this site. Please take a minute to tell us how we can opt out of receiving a hard-copy, paper catalogues. It will save you time and money and it will save my recycle center a little money and effort.

I just went on Heritage, REA, LOTG, Mile High, Memory Lane, Lelands, Sterling, Collector Connection, SCP, and Huggins and Scott. ONLY Mile High and SCP allow you, on their site, to opt out of receiving catalogues.

Help!

Thank you
Old 05-01-2023, 07:29 AM
Charles Jackson

Thank you for letting me know you could opt out of the (enormous) Mile High catalogues on their website. I just did it under the "Edit User Information" link here: https://www.milehighcardco.com/EditUser.aspx

For Huggins and Scott, you can click where it says "Or you can GO GREEN and earn a ten dollar credit per auction when you win lots and do not receive a catalog" on the main page and it brings up a pop up screen where you can opt out (and receive a $10 credit towards purchases!) The link for the pop up is: https://hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/vp.pl/nocat.htm

Last edited by cgjackson222; 05-01-2023 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:43 AM
Mike

I agree, the house is smelling from all these catalogs.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:44 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

No catalogs and reduce buyers premium with the savings

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-01-2023, 07:49 AM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

I know when REA sends out an email that their catalogs will be arriving soon, there is an option to opt out of receiving them. Otherwise, it's as easy as making a call to the auction house and requesting to be taken off the list.
Old 05-01-2023, 08:07 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
No catalogs and reduce buyers premium with the savings
How much savings do you really think the AH's would make from not sending catalogs and how much in business do you think that would cost them? I can tell you the lot I won in this past REA auction I only saw cause I got the catalog. I would imagine I wasn't the only one to do that either.

I don't believe either Sterling or Collector's Connection send any catalogs. I think Scott may have sent stuff years ago for his in person auctions, but that's not what's being referenced.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 05-01-2023, 08:11 AM

Hi Ryan,

Our "Go Green" catalog opt-out is available on our home page. You will no longer get a catalog and will also get a $10 credit. Just follow this link:

https://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/vp.pl/nocat.htm

Best,

James

Last edited by Orioles1954; 05-01-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
Hi Ryan,

Our "Go Green" catalog opt-out is available on our home page. You will no longer get a catalog and will also get a $10 credit. Just follow this link:

https://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/vp.pl/nocat.htm

Best,

James
Thanks James. I appreciate the link

DJ, you got a steal on that Philly Cab. Congrats. And for you (likely many others), the catalogue is good and wanted. But I DO NOT want a catalogue and I should be able to just opt out on a site (like this link or like Mike high) and not have to call; and btw, I have called and emailed AHs asking for no more catalogues but they still show up

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 05-01-2023 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:40 AM
P.aul Orl,in

Well, if they do get rid of large heavy catalogues, which can be a pain to discard continuously, they should all invest in a great search function through historical auctions and prices. Some are great (REA), and some are horrible (Lelands) or non-existent or unworkable (have to scroll through lots and need the catalogue).
Old 05-01-2023, 09:44 AM
Ryan Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
How much savings do you really think the AH's would make from not sending catalogs and how much in business do you think that would cost them? I can tell you the lot I won in this past REA auction I only saw cause I got the catalog. I would imagine I wasn't the only one to do that either.

I don't believe either Sterling or Collector's Connection send any catalogs. I think Scott may have sent stuff years ago for his in person auctions, but that's not what's being referenced.
Same situation. Ive usually gone through the site of the auction house before I receive the catalog, but in almost every auction, I find another item to bid on when the catalog arrives.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:10 AM

I agree. I don't think the auction catalog means much nowadays. Everything is online so it's no longer a big deal. And, the images can be enlarged. The catalogs are still produced because the consigners want them, not the bidders.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:42 PM
Joe Jones

My problem is that they are adding up on my shelf space because I cant just throw them out

My collection here:https://imageevent.com/joejo20
Old 05-01-2023, 12:43 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

I almost never look at the physical catalogs, although they are often very nicely put together.

My gripe is when I ask an AH to stop sending them to me and they keep doing it anyway.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 05-01-2023, 01:07 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
My gripe is when I ask an AH to stop sending them to me and they keep doing it anyway.
I've had a similar experience. In the winter, I use them to start the fireplace, in the summer they go directly into recycling. I have usually been through the auction long before I get the catalog.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:11 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
I agree, the house is smelling from all these catalogs.
exactly what my wife tells me

I've opted out of the major AH, sometimes I forget about lesser ones so it's nice to be reminded.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I don't mind them, they are good reading material in the shitter.

Last edited by Jim65; 05-01-2023 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:43 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Typically go from my front steps directly to a recycling bin. Dont even make it into the house.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 05-01-2023 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:53 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

On a side note, how do I get rid of my stacks and stacks of old Playboys without cramming the recycle bin??

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:05 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
On a side note, how do I get rid of my stacks and stacks of old Playboys without cramming the recycle bin??
I've seen them at flea markets, so someone must be buying...
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 05-01-2023, 06:34 PM
Ben

My wife lets me look at the catalogs a few times and then throws them out!!!

I like them though... My son likes looking at them... Rather him tear up a catalog than a laptop!!!
Old 05-01-2023, 08:36 PM
Jeff Willi@ms

I too would like to opt out of all catalogs, kudos to MHCC for allowing the option.
Old 05-01-2023, 08:42 PM
Josh

I like to keep the ones that have a card I purchased in it, otherwise just a quick scan then toss. I do keep if the cover has Babe Ruth 🤷🏼*♂️
Old 05-02-2023, 07:09 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
If you're in an area with even a bit of foot traffic, just put them out in open top boxes. They'll be gone very quickly. (Maybe not the best idea depending on who takes them..... )
Old 05-02-2023, 07:11 AM
Steve Birmingham

I actually like physical catalogs. Not that I get any, but when I can get them cheap or free I usually do.

Very few auctions keep any sort of easily accessible online archive of past auctions.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:54 AM
James
James Kin.chen

I have called many of the auction houses to request to be removed from their mailing list. With most I am removed but there are a couple that continue to send the catalogs. Quite a few of them have their printer or a mailing service mail the catalogs.
Old 05-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I think if you STOP BIDDING, then you dont receive further catalogs is how it works or should.
I tried this a few yrs ago, as i was stockpiling over 2-3 yr spans. it adds up.
I look at most online nowadays.