NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 06-17-2022, 05:45 PM
Vinn.ie M@rtini

Default Question On Panini Redemption

I sent in a 2020 playoff contenders optic Rookie Variation Season Ticket Gold auto card 4 months ago. I get an email today and it says my redemption has completed the 120 days and to click this link.
I click the link and it gives me 3 options to proceed..

Remind me again in 120 Days

Request Replacement Card(s) from Panini

Request Reward Points from Panini

I want the card, as it is high value, and I for sure don't want a replacement card and could care less about reward points. I don't understand why I have to wait another 120 days for this card. Does anyone have any idea how this works?

Ive tried calling panini and they never answer. I emailed support and haven't heard a peep since Wednesday when I emailed them.
Old 06-18-2022, 03:59 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Sounds like they have the same Customer service model as Topps.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:31 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Usually means that the subject of the card has yet to return the signed cards. There are many players with that reputation.

This is exactly why people hate redemptions as you always have a good chance of receiving nothing close to the actual card mentioned.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:26 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

I pulled a Kevin Durant auto from 2019-20 Optic more than 2 years ago and I'm still waiting on it. Customer service is non-existent so I guess I'll keep waiting
Old 07-04-2022, 11:10 AM
Vinn.ie M@rtini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Usually means that the subject of the card has yet to return the signed cards. There are many players with that reputation.

This is exactly why people hate redemptions as you always have a good chance of receiving nothing close to the actual card mentioned.
So panini gives each of these athletes the cards to sign, and they just give them back whenever they feel like it? I wish I could go to the National Card show this month, and I would love to ask them this or when I am going to get my redemption. He signed all the other rookie cards, so not sure why the gold ones wouldn't be signed yet.

Last time I did a redemption, they never took longer than 3 months. Sometimes got them back within a few weeks.

Ive sent 6 emails already, and no response. Same with trying to call them. They don't answer the phone either..
Old 07-05-2022, 07:57 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

The days of sending a witness or having the athlete travel to sign are few and far between during these times. Thus, the diverse history of so many missed signature cards, autopens, and having friends and family sign for them. Is it hard to believe that it's really not that pressing to an athlete that makes 30 million a season to ignore a box of signatures they were paid 5 or 10k to sign at best? That's the bottle service bill on a Saturday for some of these kids.

Sadly, this is why sticker autos are so prevalent as they already know they have them. The on card autos are always a risk to actually receive. Also keep in mind, if they all came back smeared they won't send as everyone would complain anyways and they all need to be redone.

This is why so many unredeemed cards are always on eBay to place the risk on others. People absolutely know that they will receive more at auction for the actual card, but do they want to wait up to several years for it or get something else instead? The easy money is in selling it and passing the risk.

Also, here's your kicker (sorry about this)...you or anyone else are most likely not ever getting your redemption from Panini.

Panini has stated since they lost the license that they are under no obligation to fulfill these redemptions and there is currently a lawsuit in progress. This is why there are thousands and thousands of Panini redemptions unclaimed on Ebay right now.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1491749

Blowout has several threads and the internet is full of information. You should have likely not claimed it and attempted to dump it also.

Feel free to jump on the class action for it - https://www.mbfirm.com/blog/panini/

Buying Panini packs is never a good call, buy the card you want and leave pack gambling to the youtube breakers.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-05-2022 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:43 AM

I don't mean to out-do anyone, but I've got a redemption card pending at Panini for 4, yes 4, years and one pending for about a year.

I've done everything. The latest was to email and threaten a law suit. Go on the internet and google Panini redemptions - crazy!

The one pending almost a year is an autographed Ha-Seong-Kim rookie for the Padres. I paid $100 for the redemption card - I'm sure I will NEVER see the card.

They are HORRIBLE on redemptions and replacements - DO NOT purchase a redemption card as you will certainly never receive the card.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

My experience with redemption has been about 70/30 on the bad side and I won’t be ever purchasing a redemption on purpose again and continue to avoid purchasing products loaded with them. The wait times, damaged or never received cards and the like have more than proved to me that the reward/risk just is too far slanted. Poor customer service and promises you either can’t or do not intend to deliver put me on the outs.

With just a single game in town soon as far as cards, I can only see the customer service getting worse…much, much, worse.

Old 07-18-2022, 02:25 PM

I thought I should let every one know that I received an email from Panini today stating that I had until Sep 2022 to claim Panini points for my card that has been pending since 2017 - yes 2017. If I don't claim Panini points then they will send me a replacement card of their choice. It also stated my card was in their low to mid-level range. It went on to state that they plan on closing out all pending redemptions from December 2017 and earlier.

Wow - insult to injury.

Like I said in my earlier post - NEVER PURCHASE A REDEMPTION CARD FROM PANINI - YOU WILL NEVER GET THE CARD!
Old 08-31-2022, 04:08 PM
Vinn.ie M@rtini

Thanks for the replies and knowledge about Panini. I wish I would have known, and I would have never invested in this card. Quite pissed to be honest.

Heading to the Chantilly,VA show in October. Hopefully Panini will be there and give me info of what's going on.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:12 PM
Vinn.ie M@rtini

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I thought I should let every one know that I received an email from Panini today stating that I had until Sep 2022 to claim Panini points for my card that has been pending since 2017 - yes 2017. If I don't claim Panini points then they will send me a replacement card of their choice. It also stated my card was in their low to mid-level range. It went on to state that they plan on closing out all pending redemptions from December 2017 and earlier.

Wow - insult to injury.

Like I said in my earlier post - NEVER PURCHASE A REDEMPTION CARD FROM PANINI - YOU WILL NEVER GET THE CARD!
Panini has pending redemptions earlier than 2017? You have gotta be kidding me.. What good are panini points? Give you points to redeem more cards that don't exist?

Last edited by ZR1; 08-31-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:41 PM

Agree. See you at the Chantilly show. Oh hell yeah. beer chug.gif
Old 09-04-2022, 12:37 PM

September is here - I haven't from Panini - ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I hope this up in class action (I heard a rumor). l would join in a second.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE A PANINI REDEMPTION!
Old 09-08-2022, 01:53 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
September is here - I haven't from Panini - ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I hope this up in class action (I heard a rumor). l would join in a second.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE A PANINI REDEMPTION!
Maybe read post 6.

Old 02-24-2023, 04:05 PM

An update on my Panini redemption from 2017.

2 weeks ago I received a redemption pack of 2022 Mosaic football. I was disappointed until I opened it and inside was a gold sparkle prizm of Tom Brady. Not a fan of his, I immediately put it on ebay and it sold for $400 even.

I got more money than I would have from the redemption, but 5-6 years is a long wait!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9673.jpg (217.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9677.jpg (201.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-27-2023, 03:27 PM
Steve Birmingham

I sent in redemptions to Pacific, and a couple others sometime before 2000....

I'm still waiting... Sort of, They're all out of business now.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:13 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

My favorite was a Topps Football redemption my son sent in during the late 2000's as a really young kid. Some no name 4th or 5th rounder on card sig that he was overjoyed to have pulled.

Nothing shows at all for almost a year, then it was sent to him.

It was a basic auto card, however instead of an auto it had a gold embossed statement across the auto spot that simply said "Autograph not returned" in the same font and size as a serial number.

He was truly happy to see that (pure sarcasm).

Old 03-08-2023, 09:19 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

In 2019, I bought a box of 2014 Panini product and got a redemption card. I figured WTF and logged it in. Took several months but I got the card. This promising things they don't actually have, totally ridiculous. Feels like a Seinfeld episode:

Agent: I'm sorry, we don't have your card available at the moment.

Jerry: I don't understand, I pulled a redemption for this specific card, do you have my redemption?

Agent: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cards.

Jerry: But the redemption keeps the card here. That's why you have the
redemption serial numbered.

Agent: I know why we have redemptions.

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a card. See, you know how to
send out the redemption card, you just don't know how to *hold* the card and
that's really the most important part of the process, the holding. Anybody
can just send out redemption cards.

Agent: Let me, uh, speak with my supervisor.

[The agent goes into an office with a window in the door so she can be seen
speaking with someone.]

Jerry: Uh, here we go. The supervisor. You know what she's saying over there?

Elaine: What?

Jerry: Hey Marge, you see those two people over there? They think I'm talking
to you, so you pretend like you're talking to me, okay now you start talking.

Elaine: Oh, you mean like this? So it looks like I'm saying something but I'm
not really saying anything at all?

Jerry: Now you say something else and they won't yell at me 'cause they thought I was checking with you.

Elaine: Okay, that's it. I think that's enough, see you later.

The agent returns.

Agent: I'm sorry, my supervisor says there's nothing we can do.

Jerry: Yeah, it looked as if you were in a real conversation over there.

Agent: But we do have a pack of crap if you would like that.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-08-2023 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:09 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
My favorite was a Topps Football redemption my son sent in during the late 2000's as a really young kid. Some no name 4th or 5th rounder on card sig that he was overjoyed to have pulled.

Nothing shows at all for almost a year, then it was sent to him.

It was a basic auto card, however instead of an auto it had a gold embossed statement across the auto spot that simply said "Autograph not returned" in the same font and size as a serial number.

He was truly happy to see that (pure sarcasm).
That sounds both awful and amazing all at once.

I've never seen something like that.

I do have some of the redemption cards from Signature rookies that never got sent in. I wouldn't mind getting more or even just a list of what exists.

I still have the redemption card from edge that would have gotten my choice of an autographed card? Photo? It's been a long time... of my choice between Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning. It expired well before there was any clear indication which was the better choice.